by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:58:10 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i4r NHMS: September 21, 2010
September 21, 2010, 06:00:00 PM +0100 - NHMS (Road with South Oval) - iRacing Season 4 Radical - @iRacing.com
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Led Best Retirement
reason
Incidents
Fred Basset
 Kerb Crawlers
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 1 57.279
97.245mph
1 58:57.060
94.487mph
60 54 57.742
96.466mph
Dunlop  
Paul Richards
 Legends Racing
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 4 +0.328
96.692mph
2 +9.424
94.236mph
60 6 57.772
96.416mph
Dunlop  
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 2 +0.122
97.039mph
3 +37.197
93.504mph
60   58.039
95.972mph
Dunlop 4
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 7 +0.898
95.744mph
4 +1L 59   58.269
95.593mph
Dunlop 7
ross.mcw
 Prodigy Racing
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 6 +0.719
96.040mph
5 +3L 57   59.495
93.623mph
Dunlop 16
mr_oily
 Prodigy Racing
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 9 +1.425
94.885mph
6 +40L 20   58.159
95.774mph
Disco
Dunlop 11
Mike Wrightson
 Team Shark
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 5 +0.555
96.312mph
7 +52L 8   58.607
95.042mph
Disco
Dunlop 6
Paul Thurston
 Epicurie Banana
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 3 +0.257
96.811mph
8 +54L 6   58.420
95.346mph
Disco
Dunlop 6
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 11 +3.390
91.812mph
9 +57L 3   1:01.583
90.449mph
Disco
Dunlop 2
Legzy
 Team Oldie Racing
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 10 +1.714
94.420mph
10 +59L 1   ---
---
Disco
Dunlop 4
Darren Seal
 Legends Racing
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 8 +1.020
95.544mph
11 +60L 0   ---
---
Disco
Dunlop 4
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
iRacing
{unknown}
97.245mph
Fred Basset
Qualifying
Radical SR8September 21, 2010, 06:00:00 PM +0100
i4r
iRacing
{unknown}
96.466mph
Fred Basset
Race
Radical SR8September 21, 2010, 06:00:00 PM +0100
i4r
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing Season 4 Radical - NHMS (Road with South Oval) - Sep 21  (Read 6936 times)
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:50 PM +0100 »

Odd one that - on L1, it definitely seemed like I got a tap from Simon going up the hill, but even on my replay the cars don't seem to touch (they were very very close though), but I can't attribute the sudden spin to anything other than a tap.  I would imagine it probably didn't even register at Simon's end.

Sorry to Legz and Darren that you both ended up the worse off as a result.  My car was a bit bent, but I was able to lap about a second and a half off my pace so I figured I'd stay the course for the practice and a few consolation points.

Great combo, but ended up having zero racing in the end.

Very happy to qualy with a 57 (just!)

Don't seem to be having much luck in the radicals this season.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 10:23:24 PM +0100 »

I guess the server's chugging away happily in the background with noone connected to it.

Almost - I was in there wondering if there was some mistake in the server settings and everyone was in another one. laugh

Let nobody ever complain about Sebring's bumps ever again. Tongue

Drove a lot of laps in practice and improved the setup a bit more, but it was still very uncomfortable and I knew the race would be "drive to survive" more than anything else. Was quite surprised to be second on the grid ahead of Paul R but after seeing the horrendous front right tyre wear I was getting in qualifying I decided I had to change tyres at my stop which I guessed Paul wouldn't. I built up enough of a gap over Paul to make that work, especially after he had a half spin of some sort (no incident points, can't have been much of a spin!) and then squandered most of that with a half spin of my own braking for turn 6.

Did do a great stop either, getting stuck in neutral in the pit lane for a few sceonds and losing valuable time coasting towards my box. Gary stopped around the same time and I guess he took tyres too, but was miles up the road. Paul stayed out for a lot longer and I took that as a sure sign he wouldn't take tyres, so I was a little surprised when he came out of the pits only a couple of seonds ahead.

By this time I was really getting mentally fatigued and Paul pulled away quite quickly; after another half spin in T6 almost identical to the first I backed off quite a lot, my run of podiums being more important than trying to put pressure on Paul.

Well done to Gary for an emphatic (and incident free) win, and to Paul for a much more convincing display of race pace than I could muster.

And thanks to Shark for wiping out virtually of the cars I was worried about having to lap. laugh Tongue Roll Eyes angel

Results posted, BTW. Smiley

p.s. Can't say I'm disappointed to be missing VIR North, but I am disappointed that I won't be around for Mid-Ohio.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:26:08 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 06:36:22 AM +0100 »

Thanks chaps.

I was slightly delayed by a last minute meeting at work so was unaware of the iRacing site problems beyond it being very slow to login.

I'd run 33 laps on Saturday night with only a couple of spins so knew that 7.1 gals was enough and that tyre wear would be high. I doubted anyone would be able to make a single set work here and have any pace at the end.

Practice and qually went ok. The race started with a couple of steady laps to bed myself in and then I was able to start easing out a small gap to Dave, only tenths here and there but it mounted up. Dave then had a little wobble and that gave me more time and I was concentrating on putting in some quick but safe laps.

I could have run a couple of laps longer on fuel but had a bit of an iffy lap and with a decent lead by this stage decided to pit for new tyres. I rejoined second with Paul R in front and about 18 secs up the road. I knew he had dropped back from Dave earlier but I also remember how he beat us with a late stop in the DP at Sebring so was a little concerned.

About six laps later he pulled in for fuel and tyres, I was watching the gap on the F3 screen as he was running down pitlane and it was clear I would have a pretty good lead whatever his strategy was. I think it was about 17 secs, from there I just paced myself with cautious laps and monitored the gap back to Paul.

Well done to Paul and Dave and thanks to people being lapped, everyone was extremely courteous.

I'm not really a fan of rovals and although I don't think this is a great track for racing per se it has an enjoyable flow if you attack it.

Regards
Gary
Adam Parle
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 08:27:03 AM +0100 »

Wow - bit low on numbers Sad

I would have been racing, but had a badminton match to attend ... I'll be about for the next few for sure.
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 02:51:48 PM +0100 »

First race here for many weeks due to work and in the Radical for the first time since the first race of the season. First time driving anything in over two weeks so wasn't expecting very much and pleased to get second in the end.

Managed to get 30 mins in yesterday morning and got into the 57s. No time to fully fine tune the setup in practice so was off the pace of Gary and Dave. Paul T also pipped me in qual too so started 4th.

Race set was the qual with some fuel. No idea how it would drive but was hoping as the laps went on I might be able to gain a bit of time as I got more familier with car and track. Took it easy first couple of laps as wasnt sure how the car would handle in the oval and wanted to avoid any instant spins. Could see Gary and Dave clearing off a bit so was keen to get by Paul but he also had great pace and tends not to make any mistakes. I just began to get a bit closer to him when he made a slight error (sorry to hear of the troubles mate) in the final corner and I was able to pass up the inside on exit. I then began the chase to Dave. I was beginning to close slightly when the car pogo'd on me in the slow right at the end of the oval section. It just kept hopping around and put me onto the grass at about 5 mph facing the inside. Fortunately Simon was a little way back and I could engage reverse and get back on track. I guess I didnt get any incident points as the track turns in the way I was spinning and by the time I bunny hopped onto the grass I was going so slowly i didnt get an off track either. Lost 10 seconds to Dave then but he also has a problem before the pit stops and I was about 5 secs back when he pitted.

I wasnt expecting anything in the pits having to stop for both fuel and tyres. Without any fuel calcs though I started with 8 just like at Philip island and could go much further then half way. Worked out I needed 5 gals at the stop so pushed on hoping I could close some time to Dave. I never expected to actaully jump him in the pits and definately never expected to pull away from him as I did after. With low fuel, fresh tyres I was feeling confident in the car and drove every lap like a qually attempt. Gary was obviously taking it steady up front but I tried to keep good pace to keep him honest but the gap was far too big to be any real worry to him.

So in the end pleased with second and hopefully will be much better prepared in two weeks time. Congrats to Gary on his pace and clean drive and to Dave for his third. Thanks to all the help with lapping all made very easy.     
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 12:29:48 PM +0100 »

Jumped on an for an hour's practice and so my early demise was inevitable but I just wanted to give Pops a big-up on the track choice. I thought this place was amazing!

I'm a bit jealous as I'd actually done a couple of laps around here in the Lotus I think it was, never really found the limit and decided against running it...obviously too early as it's a gem in my mind.

I'll definitely be running this on a Friday soon, maybe in a slightly less twitchy car but I thought the Radical was still ace - really demanding stuff.

Grats podium people/ finishers, if you can remember who you are this late on Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: