by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 01:07:11 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from the GRAVE(L)  (Read 715 times)
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:47:31 PM +0100 »

Hello everyone! Smiley

Well, I've been away from racing for far too long and I've been missing you!

I installed that Ferrari Virtual Academy last night (a few hours before their "48 hour discount" - doh!) and I seem to have gotten the bug again!

I thought I would give this iRacing a shot, so I'm just after some advice and pointers to get me up to speed with it. I have an account but haven't re-subbed yet. I think I will go for a month first, just to test my internet connection is stable with low-ping racing (the main reason I stopped racing in GTL was my constant frustrating d/c's). Can I join a league you are running please?

I'm more interested in running the private leagues with you guys than doing the general official public servers (grappling with Safety Ratings) so just wondering what you would suggest I start with?

What extra cars and tracks do I need to buy? What league would you reccommend I join? I'm not really interested in ovals so wouldn't really want to spend money on any extra tracks like that.

Also, whats this about black boxes and voice commands? Is that something I will just have to deal with or is it 'advanced' stuff I don't need to worry about yet?

Sorry for the noob questions! If there's any more info you need to help you help me, just let me know Wink

I'm very much looking forward to racing again Wink
Cheers, Mark
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:49:33 PM +0100 by baracus250gt » Logged
Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:14:45 PM +0100 »

A lot has changed in recent times with iRacing.

All the voice command stuff is not official iRacing software and I'm really not sure of it, as I don't use it. I'm sure someone else will point you in the right direction.

There is a Mazda and Radical leagues running here but both are part way through the season.

I'm sure you have not forgotten how to check future races?

You can either work from that or decide on next seasons plans.

Got a feeling the Williams F1, which is due in a few weeks, will feature high on the wish list.

I doubt anyone will have any issues with you joining the league. Quality drivers always welcome!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: