Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:56:55 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S20H Mosport: October 19, 2010
October 19, 2010, 10:54:00 PM +0100 - Mosport - UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Historic Trophy (66)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1966) F1 1966 5 +1.364
104.447mph
1 38:19.275
103.958mph
27 1:24.393
104.901mph
Firestone  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (BRM V8) F1 1966 2 +0.687
105.288mph
2 +1.823
103.876mph
27 1:24.298
105.019mph
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1966) F1 1966 1 1:23.396
106.155mph
3 +9.510
103.530mph
27 1:23.877
105.546mph
Firestone  
Dave Randall

Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.7) F1 1966 3 +0.852
105.081mph
4 +14.347
103.313mph
27 1:24.585
104.663mph
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.7) F1 1966 6 +1.804
103.907mph
5 +39.706
102.193mph
27 1:25.219
103.884mph
Goodyear  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.5) F1 1966 8 +2.868
102.626mph
6 +41.221
102.127mph
27 1:25.420
103.640mph
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.7) F1 1966 7 +2.458
103.116mph
7 +55.195
101.521mph
27 1:25.884
103.080mph
Goodyear  
b_1_rd
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (BRM) F1 1966 9 +2.936
102.545mph
8 +1:21.379
100.404mph
27 1:25.905
103.054mph
Firestone  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Ferrari 246 F1 1966 14 9 +2L
92.985mph
25 1:30.102
98.254mph
Firestone  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1966) F1 1966 11 +6.352
98.642mph
10 +10L
98.346mph
17 1:27.517
101.156mph
Disco
Firestone  
Nigel Smith
 HikiWazaRacing
Eagle T1F (Climax) F1 1966 10 +3.845
101.476mph
11 +11L
97.197mph
16 1:27.306
101.401mph
Disco
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 33 (BRM) F1 1966 4 +1.212
104.634mph
12 +23L
102.844mph
4 1:24.535
104.725mph
Disco
Firestone  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.7) F1 1966 12 +7.647
97.239mph
13 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
2 UKGPL_T7

Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.5) F1 1966 13 14 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

The first race of the season saw EvilClive take the win in front of Al Heller after that the ealy leader Hirsto Itchov, FL, for the thrill of the audience made some minor mistakes.

There were no incidents reported.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Historic Trophy (66) - Mosport - Oct 19  (Read 6445 times)
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010, 11:01:55 AM +0100 »

Welcome to the first race of the Season 20 Historic thophy at Mospost Park in Canada. There will be chassis restrictions for the first race based on the championship standings from season 19, see below.

Please restrict chat to a minimum, (or maybe none).

Moderating will be by reported incidents only, however the moderator reserve the right to review any incident with a particular emphasise on lap one. Please submit incident reports within a week after the race so that the moderators report may be out before the next race.

Best of luck.

Race List =         iGOR
Server =            UKGPL_T7_2
IP Address =       62.149.202.168
Race date =       19-10-2010
Time =              21.00 UK time
Track =             Mosport Park 1967
Variant =           66F1 2L engines
Damage Model =  PRO
Qualifying time = 35 minutes. Do not start until 30 min left.
Race length =     Pro Long (27 laps)

Group I
T1F Eagle Climax
Lotus 33 Climax

Group II
Brabham BT11 2.5lt
Lotus 33 BRM

Drivers Restricted to cars from Group I
Hristo Itchov
EvilClive

Drivers Restricted to cars form Group II
FullMetalGasket
G Jonsson

All other drivers have free chassis choice.

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:01 PM +0100 »

Bit late but thought I would give this a go if that's OK with you  Roll Eyes

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:40 PM +0100 »

Bit late but thought I would give this a go if that's OK with you  Roll Eyes
You've now been registered so you should be able to see the password.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 10:03:54 PM +0100 »

Gah! I was all happy as Dave had kindly gifted a place to Evil and myself putting me in 4th in the more powerfull car - then I go and loose it 2 corners later and rip a wheel off  Roll Eyes

Oh well, as I said in pre-race chat it's Hristo's fault  Wink

Kinda puts a dent in my mood after my new lap record at Targa in the 66's earlier  Sad
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:51:28 PM +0100 »

Pretty good race for me, in fact I think that's the first Historics race in which I haven't been lapped (well I can't think of another Grin). 

Had Steve on my tail in the early stages but I thought I saw him spin on the exit of Moss.  I wasn't going to catch the rest so after that the first few laps were pretty quiet.

I think Pod made a mistake at turn 3 on about lap 20 and I got past.  For the next 15 laps or so I had Pod and Goran all over my gearbox so I tried to keep clean consistent lines.  They were clearly faster than me over the lap but the extra power of the 2.7L BT11 gave me enough of a lead on the straights to deny them a clear passing opportunity.  The plan was working well until I touched the white line on the exit of the last turn and I spun off the track.  Pod and Goran shot past and romped away.

Thanks to Goran for the server and grats to Evil and the rest of the podium. 

Sorry if I was warping a bit.  Another indication that I need to start looking for a new ISP.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:37:40 AM +0100 »

I'm still not sure how I managed to steal a win, in a race and a car that should not have been fast enough in my hands??? Huh

My qually in 5th ( or was it 6th) was about as good as I had expected, although I did not manage to get a tow from any of you miserly bunch!! The start was good and I gained a position  between turns 1 & 2 and ended up in 4th place sitting on Dave's gearbox.
That's when the limitations of the Lotus Climax ( in my hands)became very apparent  Undecided Over a whole lap I felt I was faster than Dave, but there was nowhere on the track that I was fast enough to actually make a clean pass, so I followed waiting and hoping for a mistake. The need to pass Dave became more urgent, as I noticed Tim getting far too close behind, in a car that patently was a lot quicker on the straight.... then Dave pulled over in the middle of T2??? and allowed me a clean pass. Was that deliberate or a mechanical prob Dave??? Tim was looking for an excuse to get at me over the next few laps but I think he had some "moments" and dropped back as I closed on Al and Hristo up ahead.
The gap to Al was closing steadily and with 20 odd laps to go there was no rush. Just as i was getting within slipstream distance and beginning to think about how to tackle Al, hristo decided that the grass verge on the outside of T2 was in need of some attention and my battle with Al was now a dice for the lead!!.
Al's Brab BRM ( a car for which I have particular affection  Grin ) was going to prove difficult to pass around Mosport. More power and speed than the climax and definitely almost as agile. Once again, I felt that over a lap I was faster, but there was only the end of the straight as the obvious passing place...but Al was just too quick!!!
after a few laps of breathing Al's exhaust I spotted the only place ( barring a mistake by Al, and he was keeping it very clean Undecided ) where a pass might be possible. So it was, that I took the outside line at the end of the straight and braked ultra late, putting my car alongside Al as we negotiated the right hander side by side. This put me on the inside for the penultimate corner and allowed me to squeeze through and unclench my buttocks  Grin.
Hristo made a re-appearance but vanished again, and I was able to controol my pace and keep Al at a safe distance to the flag.

Grats to Al for keeping me honest and worried and to all for a great race.
She may be pleased, but I was amazed!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 10:29:18 AM +0100 »

As in the 67 & 65 races, I was all set to use the BRM here but a last-minute test of the Brab-BRM changed my mind. I wasn't really any quicker in the Brab, but my base setup just felt absolutely terrific & I found I was making far fewer mistakes too, as it was much more forgiving on the limit than the BRM.

Qualifying suggested I might be in with a shout here, after I improved my PB to line up 2nd behind Hristo. In the opening laps I was able to stay with H in his handicapped Lotus & his tow also helped pull me clear from Dave in 3rd. I inherited the lead quite early in the race when H had a spin at T2, but Clive was reeling me in swiftly & I knew I would have my work cut out staying ahead. Sure enough after surveying the possibilities for a few laps, Clive made a decisive move over the leap which demoted me to 2nd. H was soon past me too but afterwards his car looked like it grounded on the way into T5 & he went off incurring some damage. After that I pushed as hard as I could to put pressure on Clive - I could close the gap but wasn't quick enough to contemplate any serious passing moves & with Clive rather-rudely providing no mistakes to help my cause, I remained in 2nd to the flag.

Congratulations to Clive on a very well-deserved win - unfortunately that puts us both in the handicapped cars for the next round wheelchair
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:36:58 AM +0100 »

then Dave pulled over in the middle of T2??? and allowed me a clean pass. Was that deliberate or a mechanical prob Dave???

From my viewpoint he had a moment exiting T2, while he controlled it he was unable to hold a normal line and had to yield to us to avoid contact  Smiley

I'm sulking even more over my early bath now I see how the race ended  :'(
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 12:01:38 PM +0100 »

I noticed Dave getting a little sideways, but in my book until you get to 90 degrees, nothing to get unduly concerned about  Roll Eyes lol .

He appeared to control his slide and stay on the tarmac towards the inside of the track and I was expecting him to nail the gas again, but Dave slowed ( which almost caught me out!! lol) and Tim and I swept past. I admit that I was thinking that there was a chance into T3 if he had lost pace.  A shame, because it was beginning to look like an interesting race was developing

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:31 PM +0100 »

All but forgot about this and joined in the last minutes of practise in time to try a few laps on full tanks , with no setup I rushed one together which turned out to be to long on all gears xcept 1st which was way to low making the tail kick out every time I grabbed it so wrecked my entrance into and out of the hairpin , that coupled with massive understeer meant I could only hope for a race finish but on about L20 I ran wide out of the final turn and up the banking . my rejoin was piss poor , I couldn't see Hristo coming around the blind corner and thought at first he might see the waved yellows and avoid my almost stationary car  but he clobbered me , my race was over but fortunately H was able to recover  Roll Eyes

Sorry mate if I ruined the race for you  Embarrassed

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 07:50:41 PM +0100 »

All but forgot about this and joined in the last minutes of practise in time to try a few laps on full tanks , with no setup I rushed one together which turned out to be to long on all gears xcept 1st which was way to low making the tail kick out every time I grabbed it so wrecked my entrance into and out of the hairpin , that coupled with massive understeer meant I could only hope for a race finish but on about L20 I ran wide out of the final turn and up the banking . my rejoin was piss poor , I couldn't see Hristo coming around the blind corner and thought at first he might see the waved yellows and avoid my almost stationary car  but he clobbered me , my race was over but fortunately H was able to recover  Roll Eyes

Sorry mate if I ruined the race for you  Embarrassed

No problem, Bernie, sorry that it put you out of the race. I saw the yellow flags, but at that moment, with a damaged car, I was ultra desperate to drive as fast as possible and take big risks, so when I saw your car rolling there I tried to move towards the middle of the track without lifting up too much, but couldn't quite make it on time.

I'm rather disappointed with my performance because it could've been a comfortable win had I not lost focus early on at T2. I think that I got a little bit bored with running Mosport for the Nth time in the last 2 weeks, so I sort of went more cautiously early on. It was good for the engine perhaps, but definitely not good for keeping my concentration up.

Once I rejoined the track after my excursion, I reeled in Al and he just let me by (why??), but then I made the crucial mistake of LOOKING at Evil's car while I followed him. When he says you need to be at least 90 degrees sideways to be out of control, I think it's only valid for him, lol! He was not only sideways everywhere, but his lines were highly unconventional.

While keeping an eye on him instead of focusing on my line, I braked at a bit of an angle going downhill after T4 and the car snapped to the left as it bottomed out. It hit the wall hard and obviously this is no Honda, so I ended up with a badly understeering car and less power from the engine.

This had me fending off Dean's attacks for the majority of the remaining laps, until he had an off or something and dropped a bit behind. In the meantime Al was some 8-9 seconds up ahead (after the contact with Bernie) and I could never close that up.

Looking at my lap times after my car got damaged, it cost me about half a second per lap. Well, at least I get a better car for next race - he scary Brno! I did some laps yesterday to try and get a feeling for the layout, but I still need to do a lot more to figure out some corners, braking and turn-in points.

Grats to Evil for saving Waza's honor!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:55:51 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 08:51:23 PM +0100 »

Once I rejoined the track after my excursion, I reeled in Al and he just let me by (why??)

I didn't let you by H. You were quicker out of T3 & moved alongside me as we approached T4 so there was no way for me to move to the outside line without causing a collision. Entering T4 on the inside line, I had to lift or I wouldn't have made the corner.
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:13 AM +0100 »

This race did not start good for me. Before the race I should have had a race with GPLRACER but it did not happen because I could not get into it. My iGOR had lots of problems and refused do let me enter any race, something about some driver error or something. The starting time of this race came very fast and I was struggling, but somehow, do not ask me how, things went back to normal or maybe not but I could see the races anyway.

At least I got the server running, yes a bit late I am sorry about that, watched you all go in and then it was my turn. No luck. I tried everything I could think of but my computer just stopped as soon as I was entering the race. But then all of a sudden, no idea why, I came in when it was like 4 min left of quali and I was all jumpy so 8Th on the grid was all I managed.

Well, the race started and I got on my way, taking it easy trying to settled myself and after a while I felt like the race could begin. At that time I think I was in 8Th or 9Th and having Steve in front of me. Then Steve ran wide so I gained a position now having Phil in front. On the pit board I could see that I gained positions, soon finding me in 6Th, still chasing Phil.

Then I made a little mistake and Pod, who at the time was behind due to some problems earlier passed me, putting me back to 7Th. The rest of the race I spent behind Pod and after Phil had lost it I was back in 6Th.

At the end I was putting some pressure on Pod but had some problem following him on the straight due to his 2.7 engine so I had to really get the Moss section right to have a chance down the straight and, well a couple laps from the finish I did not so he could stay ahead of me. But looking back I am quite happy because it was so close I would not have made it at all.

And another good thing is I can pic any car I want for Brno  Grin   

Grats to Evil for the win and Al and H for podium.

Göran
Dave Randall

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:31:32 PM +0100 »

Well, even though I was kicking myself after that race, I have to be honest and say that the end result was probably the best I could really expect when compared with the pace of the podium.

To explain what happened when I may have appeared to let you through Clive, and I can assure you there was no such intention!, I should first explain that this was my first online race for many years driving from the cockpit, believe it or not.  From the early days of GPL I used to race from above for two reasons, one being that the frame rate was a bit higher and the other that it seemed easier to stay clean, especially on first laps in those warp-ridden days and I just got used to it.  However, since last season I have been trying PnG and GTR2 and enjoyed being 'in' the car, so decided to stick with it for GPL this season, particularly as many consider, for reasons of accuracy and consistency this way to be ultimately faster.  Anyway, as this was the first race with mirrors for a while I tended to over-use them and thinking that you were diving for the inside Clive, I tried to make sure I gave you enough room and consequently went wide and ran out of road myself!  I think with so many DNF's last season I was also probably over cautious in this race which ironically resulted in going off!

So just don't expect any more presents to any Waza's from here!  Wink

Congrats to Clive and well done to Al.   I won't congratulate H, he knows he should have done better! Roll Eyes  But I will thank him for going off a few times and making for a more interesting race!

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 01:28:26 AM +0100 »

Oops, I was calling you Dean (Logan), Dave, sorry. Confused the two of you, lol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com