The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 04:17:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Mod and BREASTS  (Read 5164 times)
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 03:34:01 PM +0000 »

Same thing really, the car moves sideways way too freely and easily. Even 66 mod cars (much lighter singleseaters) don't do it that much and there's some resistance when you turn in before they start drifting.

See this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQUj171Opk&feature=related

Even though it's on probably on modern tires, I don't think the car would've been drifting as it does in the mod if it had 67 tires. It might be down to setup, but I think the tires or the car balance is not right in the mod. Just wait until an alien pushes it to the limit as it is and you'll see it's going to drift even more...

I don't think it's a mod fault.  I'm 100% sure that it's a combination of setup and driver that makes this car to drift so much. We are only simracers, when we crash we can start again. That makes us drive more aggressive that any real driver from 60's

Because of that we can't say that this mod is unrealistic until we actually try it(well to be honest non of us is qualified to decide witch mod/sim is realistic and witch is not Wink )

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 08:29:50 PM +0000 »

Same thing really, the car moves sideways way too freely and easily. Even 66 mod cars (much lighter singleseaters) don't do it that much and there's some resistance when you turn in before they start drifting.

See this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQUj171Opk&feature=related

Even though it's on probably on modern tires, I don't think the car would've been drifting as it does in the mod if it had 67 tires. It might be down to setup, but I think the tires or the car balance is not right in the mod. Just wait until an alien pushes it to the limit as it is and you'll see it's going to drift even more...

I don't think it's a mod fault.  I'm 100% sure that it's a combination of setup and driver that makes this car to drift so much. We are only simracers, when we crash we can start again. That makes us drive more aggressive that any real driver from 60's

Because of that we can't say that this mod is unrealistic until we actually try it(well to be honest non of us is qualified to decide witch mod/sim is realistic and witch is not Wink )

Maybe so, but I just don't think real tires would handle like on such car. I guess we'll find out when the mod is out.

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 11:57:13 PM +0000 »

Are any plans being formulated, to run the Gt mod this week?  And has there been any talk of doing a proper race?  I mean, with all the incredible realism, and intention to detail, should one not be ready to do them justice?  Just think of the prestige, of holding their first on-line 6 hour race!  All you'd need is a Nurse with a drip feed, and a sedative at the finish. Cheesy     
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:45 AM +0000 »

Maybe so, but I just don't think real tires would handle like on such car. I guess we'll find out when the mod is out.
So what's the verdict on the GPL Mod from our Top Driver? (nothing facetious - you have to admit you are our No 1 Driver  Wink)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:44:14 AM +0000 by vosblod » Logged
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59:17 AM +0000 »

So what's the verdict on the GPL Mod from our Top Driver? (nothing facetious - you have to admit you are our No 1 Driver  Wink)

I think some cars are spot on and others seem to be off. That or they were so weird in reality as well. I haven't driven it apart from Silverstone and a few laps at Sebring before the server collapsed, so can't say much yet.

But I'll say one thing about the Mirage M1 and it was something I spoke about after the race - it locks up the front wheels sometimes on corner entry and the slightest touch of the brakes, and they remain locked up for about a second, no matter what you do. It's abnormal and unrealistic, or at least I can't figure out what can cause such a thing.

And no, it's not my controller or anything like that, nor I'm doing any driving mistake. I doesn't happen with another car.

As for other mod features, I think the dirty mirrors should go. Seriously, it's not even an open wheeler, why would an in-car rear view mirror be dirty!? Also, they should be made a bit bigger, for sake of online racing. Also, I would move some driving seat positions a bit forward in some cars, to give better view of the road. When you're racing in a real car, your eyes are focusing way in front of the car, you don't really see the internals.

I like he sounds, although the M1 sounds a bit odd compared to the other cars. I don't like the default setups of some of the cars too much, they seem to be too stiff at the frontend and that creates understeer. Also, one major thing - the tire pressures are so high that the middle layer of the tire heats up much more than the inside/outside. It seems you need to run lower than optimal pressure to achieve good temps.

john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 02:12:51 AM +0000 »

can i say something about default setups , they were made for normal drivers and to make them safe .

they were made to have a good balance with a very safe diff so most gpl drivers would be able to keep these heavy cars on track , they were not made for aliens or for people at the pointy end of the grid .

it is expected that those know who how to change setups will put in their normal diff , steer ratio , toe and camber while playing with the defaults .

after that it is also expected that they change bars (and wheelrates) to suit their style of driving in that order .

theses setups where made to give people some "ball park" numbers which they could change within their understanding before other setups become available .

john
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:35:40 AM +0000 by john roberts » Logged
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 09:11:14 AM +0000 »

Yes, I understand that, but I'm not sure the bump/rebound settings are very comfortable even for a novice, at least in the M1 (not much experience in the other cars). The car would dive a lot under deceleration and easily slide on corner entry, so running higher front bump or lower rear rebound seems to help.

What about the tire pressures though, was it on purpose that optimal pressures create high middle temp, or is it maybe because of driving style. I suppose going smoothly with the default setups without pushing too much (like in an endurance race) might keep the temps equal, but then again we're mostly running sprint races.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com