Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 02:44:42 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S20N Zeltweg: October 26, 2010
October 26, 2010, 09:41:33 PM +0100 - Zeltweg - UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Artiglietti

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 1:51.823
---
1 45:22.871
---
24 1:52.453
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.086
---
2 +32.276
---
24 1:53.219
---
Goodyear  
Ronniepeterson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 5 +1.694
---
3 +54.888
---
24 1:53.704
---
Dunlop  
Ross Neilson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +1.502
---
4 (+3) +56.164
---
24 1:54.134
---
Goodyear  
miner2049er
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +2.205
---
5 +59.048
---
24 1:54.668
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 3 +1.148
---
6 (+3) +1:00.701
---
24 1:53.079
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.934
---
7 +1:01.397
---
24 1:53.675
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 6 +1.807
---
8 +1:25.031
---
24 1:54.871
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 11 +2.218
---
9 +1:28.260
---
24 1:53.462
---
Goodyear  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 +2.217
---
10 +1:43.418
---
24 1:54.300
---
Dunlop  
blito
 Nessuna Speranza
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 +2.611
---
11 +1L
---
23 1:54.264
---
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 14 +3.920
---
12 +2L
---
22 1:58.294
---
Goodyear  
maddog

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 13 +2.633
---
13 +14L
---
10 1:56.518
---
Dunlop  
karlisss

Honda RA272 F1 1965 8 +2.182
---
14 (+1) +15L
---
9 1:54.860
---
Goodyear  
5 UKGPL

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Zeltweg proved a popular choice and the recent update made it a reliable choice that will no doubt return.

The long straights suited some more than others, and some decided to make them a little more exciting by changing their line along them, but did they do it in a sporting manner within the rules? The thick plottens......

There were some great and close battles up towards the front with several drivers running in close proximity, but did it all stay as friendly as it looked?

Server replay time: 0h01m00s

This incident starts on the approach to T1 as karliss gets on the grass on the inside of the braking zone, he then strays across track and is lucky not to collect anybody as he veers all the way across track through T1.
He then touches the grass on the outside but does not lose control and begins to move back across to the right.
He can hear cars around him but not see them and he strays towards Blito who moves right to avoid him and in the process collects Nigel Smith.
Blito could hear a Honda but may have assumed it was Karliss not Nigel who could only briefly be seen in his mirrors at 0h01m04s.
Karliss points out that he did not make contact with Blito on his replay, and nor did he on the server replay, but this is not a case of making contact or not.

The incident could have been prevented by either Karliss sticking to his own side of the track or Nigel Smith backing out of his overtake, but I feel it would be harsh to penalise Nigel even though this is a Lap 1 T1 incident where we always ask drivers to take extra care and not attempt a pass unless they can make it cleanly. I think it was reasonable for Nigel to assume that both Karliss and Blito would stick to their lines and leave his line clear.

I would offer advice to Karliss that it is important to stick to your own side of the track and not move across unless you are sure that it is clear, perhaps even using the side view where possible. This is particularly important in Lap 1 Turn 1 incidents where the cars are bunched together, and as he had already swept from one side of the track to the other already.

• karlissswarning — Marginal Side by Side — also, 1 place lost for penalty points

Server replay time: 0h01m20s

Fabio enters Dr Tiroch kurve much faster than AlBaldwin in front of him, and though Al leaves room on the inside Fabio slides outwards into him.
Neither driver had lost control, Fabio just did not allow Al enough room.

Server replay time: 0h01m55s

BadBlood approaches the accident between MHunt and Karliss, and despite slowing on seeing the incident occurring he has nowhere to go and hits MHunt
Racing Incident

Advice: After such a big collision on lap1 when resetting fuel and tyres won't matter too much, had I been BadBlood I would have taken a free SHIFT R as he was blameless.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h03m10s

MHunt and Fabio both take a Stop n Go at the same time and this demonstrates the importance of taking a Stop n Go in the correct place, i.e. within half a car width of the stalls as neither driver was impeded by the other.

Advice for all.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h05m37s

Ross loses control in Bosch Kurve and NHance spins in sympathy and blocks the track as Ronnie approaches.
Despite seeing the spin and slowing down Ronnie has nowhere to go and hits NHance
Mike sees the incident and slows but has nowhere to go as Ronnie sets off in front of him.
All of these are racing incidents though Ronnie should have been aware he was heading back on to the racing line.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h09m20s

Blito and Karliss meet at T1 again
Karliss has a spin on his own and Blito hits him as he straddles the track.
Blito slows and aims towards the inside expecting Karliss to continue to slide outwards but the 2 collide.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h12m15s

MHunt takes a SHIFT R with no Stop n Go.

He later retires while in the pit lane so I will offset this ommission.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h15m15s

Gilles27 moves twice and blocks RogUK as he attempts a pass.

Server replay time: 0h16m00s

Gilles27 moves and blocks RogUK as he attempts a pass.

Server replay time: 0h31m40s

BadBlood is being lapped by Nigel Smith and the 2 collide and spin.
BadBlood had already let lappers through and knew Nigel was there but lost control exiting Schikane and in correcting his slide he moved across the centre line.

Had BadBlood not been out of control this incident would have been penalised, but as it was caused by his loss of control which we do not generally punish, it is a Racing Incident with advice to be extra careful when being lapped.

BadBlood took a Stop n Go for this incident but did not need to.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h43m10s

Ronnie makes a move across the track to break the tow he would be giving to Ross
1 move off the line and 1 move on to the line again.

See my final comments below.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h44m00s

0h10m30s Gilles27 drives down centre of track
0h13m10s Gilles27 drives down centre of track forcing roguk to lift and back out of attempted pass
0h14m05s Gilles27 drives down centre of track
0h14m20s Gilles27 drives down centre of track
0h15m05s Gilles27 drives down centre of track
0h41m15s Gilles27 drives down centre of track

While not covered under UKGPL rules, this is covered under our etiquette guidelines as below:

"Persistent driving down the centreline of the track in order to make passing difficult is not acceptable. The moderators will take a sensible approach in enforcing this; the idea is to stop blatant centre line driving, not penalise every possible case. For most drivers this rule should make racing safer as well as more fun."

These incidents will be unpunished in this instance as the driver has accrued penalties elsewhere which are deemed sufficient, but centre line driving will be punished in the future for any driver.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h44m00s

0h12m10s Gilles27 takes unusual line but sticks to it
0h40m20s Gilles27 takes unusual line but sticks to it

These two incidents are Gilles27 moving off the racing line and taking an unusual line but sticking to it to either break tow or defend a line into a corner. These incidents are fine and are allowed providing the leading driver moves before the following driver and does not block.

0h08m30s Gilles27 attempts to break tow
0h12m30s Gilles27 attempts to break tow

See my final comments below

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h45m00s

FINAL COMMENTS

These comments relate to drivers moving off the racing line once and moving back onto the racing line once on the same section of track.

While not technically against the rules, and while permitted in real world racing, we have debated the issue in the past and will no doubt do so again, but the risk of doing this in online racing is greater than in real world racing as the end result is that the car following also moves across track to stay in the tow, then the next car moves to stay in his tow etc etc
So the end result is a line of cars weaving across the track on the straight, so nobody ends up managing to break a tow at all, and this is potentially inviting warp incidents and makes planning a clean overtake very difficult and unnecessarily risky.

Obviously there is a difference between weaving to break a tow, weaving and blocking, the latter 2 being against UKGPL rules.

The moderators will view each tow breaking incident on its own merits and there is no rule to ban it as such, but I would strongly recommend that the Novices drivers respect each other enough to race in as clean a manner as possible and to race in a gentlemanly and sporting manner.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65) - Zeltweg (Österreichring) - Oct 26  (Read 11377 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2010, 04:41:31 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 20 Novices Trophy (1965 Mod) Race 2 October 26th

Welcome to round 2 of the 65 Novices season, and we find ourselves at a different circuit to the Amateurs for the first time of many this season because they can't handle the challenge of this great flowing circuit.

The Zeltweg Airfield was used for a Formula One Grand Prix as early as 1964, but we are racing at the nearby Österreichring where races were held from 1970 to 1987 and from 1997 to 2003 before the track was dismantled for refurbishing.

Please note we are using the recent 1971 version with improved graphics. (zeltw71)

For Season 20 the Chassis have been split into 4 groups:
GROUP 1
Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda
GROUP 2
BT11
GROUP 3
Cooper
GROUP 4
BT7

The Drivers have also been split into groups 1,2,3 and 4, and may take any chassis in their seeding group or any car below it, but not above it.

i.e. If you are seeded 2 you may take any car in group 2, 3 or 4 but not 1. If you are seeded 3 you may take either the Cooper or the BT7 but nothing faster. If you are seeded 1 you may take any chassis you prefer.

Those that raced at Mosport have now chosen their chassis for the season and must continue to use it unless the moderator approves or requests a change.

FULL TIME
DRIVER 
  CHASSIS 
Vosblod
Cooper
NHance
BT11
Miner2049er
Cooper
Il_Lupo
Ferrari
Billy NoBrakes
BT11
HappyAL
Ferrari
Gilles27
BT11
Burtoner
Nigel Smith
Honda
Ronnie Peterson
Lotus
Blito
Ferrari
Mark65
Artiglietti
Lotus
BadBlood
Honda
RogUK
Cooper
Norbert
Ferrari
Maddog
Cooper

RESERVE
DRIVER 
  CHASSIS 
Karliss
Honda

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left so as to give the FULL TIME drivers chance to join, and drivers are not to go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Novice races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents will be moderated.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL5
IP address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race date = 26-10-2010
Time = 21:00 UK time
Track = Zeltweg 1971 (zeltw71)
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 35 minutes
Race length = 24 laps
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used.
http://bit.ly/bXzLhk

Password: see above

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

The track can be downloaded from here.

http://www.f1legends.ch/update/circuits/zeltweg.php

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 05:12:18 PM +0100 »

Would it be possible to post up the number of laps for each race this season now. I thought this was going to be set to long (16 laps) and and not 24 laps. My misunderstanding but it might help?
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:56:58 PM +0100 »

I posted the number of laps.

An Int Long race came up as 24 for me which will make it about 45 minutes. 16 laps would be lass than half an hour.

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:48:42 PM +0100 »

Came up as 16 for me?
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:29:14 PM +0100 »

I think Ronnie means if you could post the number of laps of all races in the season, so one can check it up in advance, before each race announcement. Good idea.

Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:10:42 PM +0100 »

I had the same issue as Ronnie last season, I think it is related to the Zeltweg install not having the correct number of laps.

Novice races are usually 40-45 minutes so you can work out the rough number of laps from that. Alternatively if the race thread comes out, say, a week before the event that should give us time to prepare on full tanks.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 08:44:21 PM +0100 »

Novice races are usually 40-45 minutes so you can work out the rough number of laps from that. Alternatively if the race thread comes out, say, a week before the event that should give us time to prepare on full tanks.

Yes, but the problem with that is when new threads push down older ones, even if they're for events that haven't run yet. I wish it was possible to somehow keep race event threads sorted in chronological order of the race calendar.

blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:38:24 PM +0100 »

Well that was just HORRID ... had far too much oversteer in the early laps and binned the car twice.. own fault... Sad
T1 - sorry to Nigel for causing you to explode like that - i pulled over on you without realising you were there whilst trying to avoid another Honda, this one mid-way through a Webber Cheesy

Also, sorry to which ever waza i ploughed into at T1 a few laps later - you were spinning and i didnt know where to go to miss you so i drove into your side instead.  Cheesy

Jason Blito
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 10:56:37 PM +0100 »

Have to agree - avoided the carnage and was running seventh when I got collected - couldn't Shift-R cos of all the cars coming my way... dead last and pretty much stayed there. Caught Karliss up and he discoed shortly after but apart from that it was a lonely race. Managed to let everyone except Nigel by without incident. Took Nige out after I lost control coming through that little kink before the finishing turn. So I'll probably get some more penalty points. My wheel was upshifting in the corners by itself so I had to be very careful. The micro switch must be dodgy - might have to use Auto gears - yuck. :'(

I was hopeful of running a 1:57 average but I was over 2:00 I think. Very disappointed.

Can those that passed me tell me whether I was OK or not - I tried to get out of the way in reasonable time. Hope I didn't cost anyone too much. TIA for any feedback.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:58:57 PM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 11:21:47 PM +0100 »

Looking forward to Zandvoort already - I REALLY suck there so there should be plenty of points available - sadly only of the penalty variety Sad

I have a different take to the rest of you - you plan where to overtake - I plan where to get overtaken without compromising your race - its much harder  Grin

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 11:42:42 PM +0100 »

Poor qually again but a fantastic race (fun wise).

Ross, Rog and Me were running closely for a good few laps and I was sitting back a little ready to pounce when they both slid off which they annoyingly refused to do. Ronnie started to catch me and the 3 way battle was slowing us down so I turned up the wick a little and passed Rog and Ross into 3rd where I stayed for most of the race but I didn't have the guts in the Cooper to pull away. Eventually having thrashed the Cooper for so long I brushed a wall and Ross was right behind me then picked up a tow and passed me on the straight.

A lap later Ronnie's Lotus breezed by on the same straight and there was nothing I could do about it.

A late and consistent charge from Fabio was about to put me under pressure but luckily the flag dropped first.

Great fun race and the Cooper is fun to drive but I just wish it had a little more guts.

Anyway, back to serious matters.

The submit report link is now available at the top of the thread so please use it to submit your incident reports and attach replays if necessary. It really does affect the way incidents are modded if we have 2 replays of the same incident to look at.

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 12:08:20 AM +0100 »

Not sure if it was me, or my computer that got out of bed, the wrong side this morning, but something wasn't right.  I ended up, retiring to the pits before half distance, simply to remove my body from harms way!  Huh

I may need to start ritually disassembling input devices, prior to each round, (worked last time!) unless its the old racing brain which needs disassembly, Think I'll start by turning the bed around . . . probably less painful!

Watched much of the race from the pit lane.  Art was amazing, as he romped into the distance, with Norman being the best of the rest.  A good battle for third towards the finish, with power pulling through in the end.  A big well done to newcomer, (ahem) Mike for being the first Cooper home, and showing some of us back markers how it's done. :'(

I seem to have been about the only layabout about!
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 12:53:57 AM +0100 »

Wish you'd retired before the end of lap 1 - I might have finished lap 1 in the pack!  Grin  Not that I would have stayed there. You should have waited for me and enjoyed passing me again and again  Roll Eyes It was lonely out there.

BTW I was REALLY pleased with my qually lap - bit disappointed that it put me last again <sigh> We inhabit slightly different worlds. Never thought I would be the Bruno Senna of Online Sad
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:55:49 AM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 01:42:08 AM +0100 »

BTW I was REALLY pleased with my qually lap - bit disappointed that it put me last again <sigh> We inhabit slightly different worlds. Never thought I would be the Bruno Senna of Online Sad

I rate Bruno higher than half the current F1 grid, it's just his car that's crap.

john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 02:25:08 AM +0100 »

I rate Bruno higher than half the current F1 grid, it's just his car that's crap.

half ... thats quite a lot of drivers , would you care to say what drivers are worse than bruno?

john

p.s higher than half is above average so you have to name 50% of the drivers that are in f1 atm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com