by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 08:29:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Endurance Race: November 11, 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Endurance Race  (Read 11576 times)
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 08:07:40 AM +0000 »

Endurance race sounds great. Will try to pop along in the Alfa.
PS. has anyone done a long enough session to have had any problems with tyrewear yet?
Don.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 08:58:44 AM +0000 »

Well any more than a few laps in the Pantera and the tyres just seem to vanish  Huh Huh Tongue Wink

To confirm what Greg said, I'm pretty sure I joined a race at Hockenheim (the 'full' track if you can call it that...) and I'm 99% sure I've not unlocked that yet - so I think all tracks are drivable online.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 09:12:46 AM +0000 »

Server is up running Spa, so if anyone who has not unlocked Spa wants to try it please report your findings Smiley

Should have said, named "SimRacing.org.uk"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:15:42 AM +0000 by picnic » Logged

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 07:43:00 PM +0000 »

I'll give it whirl tonight  Cheesy
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 08:05:38 PM +0000 »

Sounds fantastic- should be there. Just a query- is 75 mins a bit long? There may not be many of us there, not many of us have experience pitting or of the track with these cars, or of tyre wear with GTL- we could end up with 3 people running after half an hour and the rest watching! Would 2 x 40 mins (i.e. Sprint length) races be a good shout for our first longer race?

Just a thought- I'm probably missing some vital point Roll Eyes  Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 08:57:26 PM +0000 »

Endurance race sounds great. Will try to pop along in the Alfa.
PS. has anyone done a long enough session to have had any problems with tyrewear yet?
Don.

Yes I've done 5 laps in the GT40. t'was more than long enough Cheesy

Oh, the tyres were fnackered. (my driving style obviously:D)

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 10:07:24 PM +0000 »

Count me in.

(FWIW, I do like Paul's idea of two slightly shorter races rather than one long one.)

LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 10:15:57 PM +0000 »

Does anyone have any idea how long tyres were designed to last for in those days?(and in GTL).......preferably the GT40 tyres. Smiley

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 10:32:38 PM +0000 »

My logic for a longer race is to ensure the replays are all complete and I wanted to run for longer than 1 hour just in case that is some magic number. I to have no knowledge of tyre wear rates / fuel consumption etc. and thus was going to use the race as a learning experience. Sadly I don't have time to run 1hr plus test sessions off line. I also can't concentrate for that long on my own, somehow I don't see AI as real competition, so I try hot lapping and crash. Do that less online!

If the general consensus is that it's too early to run a long race I am happy to change that for now, but we will have to run a race of at least this length to test the system prior to an endurance season.

I'll do a poll this time Smiley

greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 10:34:32 PM +0000 »

I'm happy to do a long race, guess we need to at some stage.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 10:47:31 PM +0000 »

Would prefer a shorter race myself, but then I'm a wuss when it comes to endurance racing.  Wink

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 10:59:52 PM +0000 »

Just tell everyone that turns up "no quitting, no accidently pressing ESC and no crashing so hard you kill your engines".
That should do the trick. Wink

I agree with Picnic that a long race is needed to test GTL for future reference.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 12:06:47 AM +0000 »

I've thought some more about endurance races, and wonder whether GTL is really the right platform for longer races anyway (apparently there's a game called GTR which is good for that Smiley ).

The real FiA GTC series runs two 30 minute (approximately, since a race is measured in laps rather than time) races per race weekend, and to a degree the cars are set up for those race lengths (although they have run 60 minute races in past seasons which is mainly why most of the cars in GTL can be fueled up for approximately 60 minutes maximum running).

Of course it's possible to run endurance races, but it's not particularly "real" in terms of the GTC series, and personally I don't think it plays to the strengths of the cars, or indeed GTL itself.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 06:10:14 AM +0000 »

That's a valid point Andy, however my understanding is that we need to test how well  GTL performs under load for an extended period in the online environment. Can you imagine if we got half way through our first racing season event and discovered a bug or imcompitability that we were not aware of?. I think that 75mins is spot on for testing the online play and also I believe "should" mean that everybody has to pit during the race, thus testing yet another feature of the online play (as we all know GTR has had some intermitent problems  with pit stops). It will also give the guys an opportunity to fine tune the results extraction for the league tables too.

For myself I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night  Grin
AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 07:51:59 AM +0000 »

This implies the GTL league season (if there is one) will/may be endurance based then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com