by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 11:11:25 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Endurance Race: November 11, 2005
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Endurance Race  (Read 11578 times)
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2005, 08:12:30 PM +0000 »

Considering we haven't had single car GTR races for a long time, I can't see why your suddenly so obsessed.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2005, 08:16:23 PM +0000 »

Darn- server full. Got to love that 16 player limit  Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2005, 08:42:41 PM +0000 »

Considering we haven't had single car GTR races for a long time, I can't see why your suddenly so obsessed.

*Scouse accent* Calm down, calm down! Roll Eyes

To finish first, first you must have fins.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2005, 09:12:44 PM +0000 »

Lol :-)

Can't race yet anyway as sendit have made a right balls-up

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2005, 09:44:32 PM +0000 »

Nice race guys had to give up as had hard day at work and lost concentration sorry about start line but am still on auto clutch. cheers gerald
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2005, 09:45:52 PM +0000 »

Server was full when I arrived too Sad so decided to try a public online race at Spa instead, full of GTC-76's of course... from 16 to 6 in 3 laps.  What a joke  Roll Eyes  some of these guys need to stick to GT4 I think!

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2005, 10:25:20 PM +0000 »

Well, that was very frustrating. Undecided The TVR really doesn't like corners very much, qualified behind most of the Elans, had a stonking opening couple of laps hauling myself past most of them using all that grunt, before the tyres started to melt and I dropped way back after a minor off. Brakes started to overheat too so I backed off about a second a lap and settled back into a reasonable pace, trading places with Don's Alfa.

About halfway through the race the brakes suddenly went off big time and I pitted, don't think they can work on the car at all so I retired (and it confirmed that I was out with brake failure). :'(

I guess the heavier cars at least just won't do longer races. Huh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2005, 10:30:46 PM +0000 »

Race distance shortened to 40 minutes for those silly sausages who can't drive economically. Tongue

About halfway through the race the brakes suddenly went off big time and I pitted, don't think they can work on the car at all so I retired (and it confirmed that I was out with brake failure). :'(

Lol

(Sorry Dave, I had to!)

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2005, 10:37:16 PM +0000 »

I've gotta say, found that was MUCH MUCH harder than a GTR endurance race, feel absolutely drained, but it was fun fun fun
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2005, 10:43:39 PM +0000 »

Superb, if somewhat lonely race with the 16 player limit and such a big track. Made a total knob of myself when Greg and I were following Dave through Eau Rouge on about lap 2- didn't expect the TVR to go through so slowly and nudged Greg off as we closed up suddenly  :'( Thankfully I think you were on a no-stopper (?) and with me on a one stop you just beat me to 4th place. Well done to Dave, Mark and Andy who drove the TVR,TVR and Cobra respectively- can't have been easy. The Elan was a dream, even if it was nearly taking off at the top of Eau Rouge what with being so light!

A few observations in case they're of use to anyone-

> The tyre wear was good. At about lap 13, or 35 mins, they started to slide a little bit more but never felt like they would go suddenly and stayed pretty controllable. Pitted at the end of 14 and had roughly 5 wear in each tyre- not sure what this is out of though?

> Fuel hardly went down! Used the in game litres/laps calculator and it was way too pesimistic. Put enough fuel in for 14 laps and pitted on lap 14 with 1/4 of a tank left. No idea how you work it out then  Huh

> The auto pit is a tad annoying but not the catastrophe everyone would have you believe. One thing the ai DOESN'T do when it drives you in though is put the pit limiter on. So don't gun it as you exit manually or you'll get a stop/go.

Great fun. Server seemed extremely solid. Lets do it again  Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2005, 10:44:03 PM +0000 »

Replay available from http://ukgtl.simracing.org.uk/

AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2005, 10:46:06 PM +0000 »

Sorry Dave, the TVR is one of the cars (the others being the 300SL, E-Type and Elan, although the Elan is light enough to rarely be affected) that were fitted with incorrect (too thin) brake disks by some silly mechanic (name of Arnao, but shhh) in 1.0. It's fixed in the patch, but in the meantime, best avoid those cars for longer races (I know, you wish I'd told you this before the race right?!?).
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2005, 10:54:08 PM +0000 »

Sorry Dave, the TVR is one of the cars (the others being the 300SL, E-Type and Elan, although the Elan is light enough to rarely be affected) that were fitted with incorrect (too thin) brake disks by some silly mechanic (name of Arnao, but shhh) in 1.0. It's fixed in the patch, but in the meantime, best avoid those cars for longer races (I know, you wish I'd told you this before the race right?!?).
You recruited him from Kwik Fit didn't you? Grin

LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2005, 10:57:56 PM +0000 »

OK, Roll Eyes Grin

The server(my PC) was Almost completely solid apart from the very last lap when a back marker paused on the screen for a second  Shocked, lukily i was just far enough back to not hit it.
Other than that, trouble free.  Smiley

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2005, 11:11:40 PM +0000 »

I had fun too, and the server was very good.

Be nice to see a few more non-Elans next time - the bigger cars are a good wheeze, fun cruising serenely past the Elans on the straights, only to be passed on the outside in the corners Smiley

(Good to build up your opposite lock muscles too.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com