by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 09:50:26 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Endurance Race: November 11, 2005
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Endurance Race  (Read 11579 times)
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2005, 08:48:44 AM +0000 »

lonely drive in the Alfa (except for a bit of fun with Dave) was I the only one driving in the TC-65 class?
That was maybe my most consitant drive ever in GTR or GTL, I only made one mistake braking into La Source and managed to get it turned in on time.
The Alfa felt great all race, didn't have to stop, loads of fuel left from a full tank, tyres were good and I was pushing all the time (smoking every turn). Just a shame I had no one in the same class to race.

I know what Jams means when he says harder work than the GTR cars, seems like more consentration is need for those and more physical work for these.
It was nice to have the luxury of being able to stretch your fingers and toes whilst driving down Kemmel (thank god) Though cruise control would have come in handy.
Really enjoyed that.
Don.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2005, 09:06:02 AM +0000 »

phew, that was very hard work in the TVR...i'm glad Dave suffered as much as i did, i thought it was just me Roll Eyes  The car was a nightmare to handle through the twisty section, understeer to oversteer and back again!  I hadnt had any time in the car or on this track before, so it was a steep learning curve, i'd only unloked enough cars to buy the Tiv about 5 mins before praccy start using the DNF cheat in offline. I thought the short wheelbase and grunty engine would work well at Spa Huh Suspension finally broke on exit of eau rouge Shocked
Good fun though....kinda Tongue

There will be some fantastic close championsip races once the game bugs are sorted out Smiley

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2005, 11:33:01 AM +0000 »

See that guys Sig?

We know where to send our bug reports then :-)

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
pswillies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2005, 11:37:27 AM +0000 »

Never driven the Elan until last night, glad I did though as it was great fun. 

Planned on running without a stop, but discovered just as the race was about to start that the elan held 2 laps less fuel than I needed!  Could have probably got away with it.

It all went horribly wrong at my pit stop when the crew seemed to take a week to change the tyres.  Got back out on track, looked at the fuel gauge... empty!  They didn't refill me!  Roll Eyes Got annoyed... slid off, got a stop/go penalty (rather harsh I thought, since I ended up in the gravel).  It all came to an end on the next lap when I rolled it on the exit of Eau-Rouge.

Great fun  Grin, just a shame I barely saw any cars as the race went on... a shorter track might be a good idea next time with a grid of 16.

Smiley

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2005, 11:41:04 AM +0000 »

It's nice someone who had a hand in building the game wishes to drive with us but I'd imagine the last thing Andy wants is to be leant on when here Fozz- he probably just wants to enjoy the game like the rest of us Smiley

Interesting about the suspension damage Mark- when I pitted I'd apparently got suspension damage needing 90 secs worth of work to fix. I elected not to bother because the car felt great. Hadn't had a crash but think it was probably a cumulative thing after hammering through Eau Rouge all those times!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2005, 01:52:52 PM +0000 »

Actually, I never finished figuring out if Blimey were a renamed SimBin, or a splinter organisation. Thier page specifically say "the core of the development team having worked on the critically acclaimed and multiple award-winning GTR - FIA GT Racing Game" which is a long way of "we made it". Also the games section is marked "Team Track Record".

I get the disgrutled ex-employee's feeling from those two things, or it could be corporate games or something.

Anyway welcome to our little racing place AndyG

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2005, 04:21:08 PM +0000 »

Interesting about the suspension damage Mark- when I pitted I'd apparently got suspension damage needing 90 secs worth of work to fix. I elected not to bother because the car felt great. Hadn't had a crash but think it was probably a cumulative thing after hammering through Eau Rouge all those times!

I had exactly the same, though 95 secs worth, which I too chose to ignore with no apparent ill effects

[Edited by the Society for Proper Quoting.]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 06:19:14 PM +0000 by Dave Gymer » Logged
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2005, 04:38:54 PM +0000 »

Great turnout. A shame some people couldn't get in, but it sounds like we'll have little problem filling the server when the patch comes out.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2005, 10:14:25 AM +0000 »

Please Mr.Picnic can we have some more? Friday would be great.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com