by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 12:58:03 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing Sunday Night Enduro?  (Read 13691 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2010, 06:28:28 PM +0000 »

I will try and race the Vette but find its a curious choice as its probably a much harder car to drive than anything we've tried so far as its on a knife edge with so much power and completely numb steering.

Have you driven it lately? Since the start of last season it's been a totally different beast, with much more steering feel, and with a set of fixed setups (that I use in all the open setup races) that go a long way to taming the beast. It's certainly massively more drivable than the F1 or IndyCars and I would even dare to suggest that's it's not as knife-edged as the V8 Falcon or the Formula Mazda.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2010, 07:00:47 PM +0000 »

However conducting a straw pole of your own team mates I find distasteful, it would have been just as easy to ask the question here.

I did ask the question here!! The question was whether to run the endurance series on a weekly basis, a bi-weekly basis with no sprint on the other Sunday, or a bi-weekly basis with a "rest" week in between.

The "straw poll" was on that question, and that question alone - on the Legends forum we've a chat window that makes getting feedback very very easy (and wastes an inordinate amount of time during the average working day).  If you, or anyone else, felt that the results of that quick answer from the Legends was the end of the discussion - I apologise, as that wasn't the intention.  However, the responses from the question were in line with what we (the Legends) thought to be the best bet.

As Darren mentioned earlier, on a bi-weekly basis every other Sunday is free for a sprint race, oval racing lunacy, a spot of knitting or whatever floats your boat!  I'm merely concerned with the enduro, and should anyone want to run a sprint series - heck, even roundy racing - then they have my blessing, and hopefully my participation.

With regards to the Vette, it is MUCH improved over what it used to be.  As Dave points out, the fixed setups are very good, and provide a very solid start point should people want to tweak the setup to their individual driving style.  It handles like a classic muscle car should .... understeering into the bend, and oversteering out of it.  The fact that the Vette and the Stang share this "flaw" should mean that the different classes are going to be approaching the turns in the same manner, which I hope will lead to less confusion and ultimately less incidents.

With multiple official series at iRacing, running a hosted race on top of your "normal" racing every week can get to be a bit much.  With a much larger window between races, there really isn't a valid excuse for not having practiced, and I would hope that no-one would just "rock up" and give it a whirl.

Yes, it's a drastic change from what we have been running - but as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.  Hopefully it won't leave a bitter taste in anyone's mouth Smiley.
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2010, 07:39:40 PM +0000 »

However conducting a straw pole of your own team mates I find distasteful, it would have been just as easy to ask the question here.

I did ask the question here!! The question was whether to run the endurance series on a weekly basis, a bi-weekly basis with no sprint on the other Sunday, or a bi-weekly basis with a "rest" week in between.

The "straw poll" was on that question, and that question alone - on the Legends forum we've a chat window that makes getting feedback very very easy (and wastes an inordinate amount of time during the average working day).  If you, or anyone else, felt that the results of that quick answer from the Legends was the end of the discussion - I apologise, as that wasn't the intention.  However, the responses from the question were in line with what we (the Legends) thought to be the best bet.

Thanks for that.

I'll not post anymore here on my other comments its clear they are being misinterpreted.

Adam I wish you well, I will do my best to support you.

I'll try the vette tonight.

Gary
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:41:15 PM +0000 by Fred Basset » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: