Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:30:14 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S20N Zandvoort: November 09, 2010
November 09, 2010, 08:44:21 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (1948-72) - UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ross Neilson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.684
---
1 (+3) 40:59.167
---
27 1:30.057
---
Goodyear  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.344
---
2 +15.535
---
27 1:30.260
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +1.736
---
3 (+3) +16.003
---
27 1:29.447
---
Dunlop  
blito
 Nessuna Speranza
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 6 +1.391
---
4 +28.910
---
27 1:30.566
---
Dunlop  
maddog

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +2.012
---
5 +40.246
---
27 1:30.305
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +1.793
---
6 +1:07.907
---
27 1:30.888
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 10 +2.529
---
7 +1:09.703
---
27 1:31.445
---
Goodyear  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 13 +3.155
---
8 +1:20.500
---
27 1:31.548
---
Dunlop  
Ronniepeterson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 4 +1.207
---
9 (+2) +1:34.228
---
27 1:30.657
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +2.687
---
10 +1:52.366
---
27 1:31.873
---
Dunlop  
karlisss

Honda RA272 F1 1965 15 +5.246
---
11 +1L
---
26 1:33.564
---
Goodyear  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.932
---
12 +22.815
---
26 1:30.664
---
Goodyear  
Nigel Smith
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 12 +2.847
---
13 +3L
---
24 1:31.124
---
Goodyear  
Artiglietti

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 1:28.490
---
14 (+1) +8L
---
19 1:28.990
---
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 16 +6.322
---
15 +18L
---
9 1:34.457
---
Goodyear  
miner2049er
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 14 +3.229
---
16 +24L
---
3 1:35.957
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 17 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Zandvoort usually gives the Novices a chance to explore the nearby beach, and several drivers didn't miss out on that opportunity.

Sadly, nobody commented on the race post humour. :(

Come on! I said you could get sucked off! Call yourself racing drivers? Sheesh!

Server replay time: 0h02m20s

Ross follows AA into tarzan but brakes far too late and runs into the back of him.
He is out of control when he hits AA but I believe he would have made the corner.

Server replay time: 0h02m20s

Attilio rejoins by reversing onto the track which is never advisable, he should have reversed off the fence and then driven forwards alongside the track to rejoin.
He then goes back to the racing line before being up to speed and moves over into Nigel.

Server replay time: 0h04m50s

NHance recovers from a spin and rejoins.
Mike goes to pass him before he gets back to racing speed but hits him.

Norm was getting back up to speed and had allowed 2 cars past already so should have expected more at it was early in the race and the field was still together, but Mike had seen Norm rejoining and could have reacted more quickly.

The onus is on Norm to make a clean rejoin and not interfere with traffic until he is up to speed but the onus is also on Mike to avoid a collision but it would seem harsh to penalise either driver.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h05m27s

Nhance takes a SHIFTR and takes a SnG but he veers across track to do it, causing BadBlood to spin.

Having almost missed the pit, Norm would have been better advised to have completed another lap and entered the Pits more safely next time around.

Server replay time: 0h08m15s

Ronnie appears to be letting people pass then moves over into Attilio who was clearly in his mirrors on the approach but as he was no longer being visible he must be alongside.

Attilio does not have overlap at turn in but Ronnie should have left room as he was not yet travelling at race speed so could not contest the corner.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h13m05s

Fabio follows RogUK into Tarzan and rear ends him when RogUK brakes.
He had followed Rog for the previous laps and Rog actually braked slightly later than normal on laps 8 and 9 as his tyres etc warmed and his fuel fell.

Server replay time: 0h23m00s

AlBaldwin clearly defends the inside line into Tarzan and Ronnie looks for a gap on the inside.
Realising there is no gap he falls in behind Al but runs into the back of him in the braking zone.

Server replay time: 0h29m25s

Ronnie spins alone in Tarzan and Al Baldwin goes to pas him.
Ronnie corrects his spin but heads back to the racing line collecting Al.
Only Ronnie is affected.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65) - Zandvoort (1967) - Nov 9  (Read 11745 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2010, 04:49:29 PM +0000 »

UKGPL Season 20 Novices Trophy (1965 Mod) Race 3 November 9th

Welcome to round 3 of the 65 Novices season, and we do like to be beside the seaside, oh we do like to be beside the sea.

For the second time this season the Amateurs have wimped out and instead of braving the Ducth sand dunes, they've opted for a ride through the country on a track near a pretty castle.

Anyway, for the brave souls in the Novices, Zandvoort was built in 1948 and hosted the 1949 Zandvoort Grand Prix, and in 1952 it was included in the Formula One World Championship, being skipped only 4 times in the following 34 years. In 1985, the Dutch Grand Prix was held for the last time before half of the circuit's grounds were sold and used for Bungalows.

The circuit was popular among drivers for its fast, sweeping corners, but putting a wheel on the sand would mean getting sucked off. Perhaps that's why it was popular among drivers? Either way, I'm sure we'll all have fun.

Please see the Novices registration thread for an explanation of the chassis allocations shown below:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8416.0

FULL TIME
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS  
Vosblod
Cooper
NHance
BT11
Miner2049er
Cooper
Il_Lupo
Ferrari
Billy NoBrakes
BT11
HappyAL
Ferrari
Gilles27
BT11
Burtoner
Nigel Smith
Honda
Ronnie Peterson
Lotus
Blito
Ferrari
Mark65
Artiglietti
Lotus
BadBlood
Honda
RogUK
Cooper
Norbert
Ferrari
Maddog
Cooper

RESERVE
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS  
Karliss
Honda

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left so as to give the FULL TIME drivers chance to join, and drivers are not to go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Novice races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents will be moderated.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL5
IP address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race date = 09-11-2010
Time = 21:00 UK time
Track = Zandvoort
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 35 minutes
Race length = 27 laps
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used.
http://bit.ly/bXzLhk

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:49:00 AM +0000 »

Right - aims.

1. Finish without more than one Shift-R
2. Set a PB
3. Don't take anyone out Sad
4. Finish with only +1L (might be a bit ambitious)
5. Don't make H laugh when he sees the replay
6. Make HER proud

Only 6 is non-negotiable.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 10:30:24 PM +0000 »

Wow!! Such a fantastic race!!
Sorry Rog to hit you at Tarzan: I did expect you would brake so early...  oops
Now I'm going bed: I'm really tired!! surrender

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:37:19 PM +0000 »

excellent race
Fabio, congrats on being p3 AND top Ferrari... i pushed you as hard as i could but you had me covered the whole way...
err, who won again? its all a haze for me already LOL

Jason Blito
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:08:52 PM +0000 »

Right - aims.

1. Finish without more than one Shift-R
2. Set a PB
3. Don't take anyone out Sad
4. Finish with only +1L (might be a bit ambitious)
5. Don't make H laugh when he sees the replay
6. Make HER proud

Only 6 is non-negotiable.
Well - got 1,2,3 and possibly 6. Dreadful though. Really nervous of taking someone out. Didn't enjoy that one little bit. Castle Combe should be fun...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:17:22 PM +0000 »

GPL is very tricky at 20fps. Not sure what happened but it was my first race using V2 rasterisers and OpenGL so it may have been that though it has been fine offline. Couldn't get a clean lap and then in the race it was horrid.

I touched someone who rejoined on the racing line then moved out when I went to go round them but shortly after that my PC rebooted and ended an evening of misery.

Came up with a serious system error so maybe my 20fps was Windows related.

Anyway, on to Castle Combe which I'd better try and learn.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 12:00:08 AM +0000 »

Firstly WD Ross. Second, so no complaints. The trusty Coop did the biz but lacked grunt on the straights - I had the choice to go to Mars World  alien

Quallied 5th and top of the 'wish we had enough drivers to run an intermediate division' Coopermen so was happy with that. Got a fantastic start and plonked myself into third - was worried I'd jumped it by mistake but I definately saw the flag fall.
Anyway trailed Art and Gilles until something went on ahead which left me just trailing Gilles the frontrunner. Try as I might with the Coops cornering and slipstream Ross slowly left me running solo. Two drives over the banking to  see if I could spot that famous nudist beach left me a hairs breadth in front of Fabio so it all went down to the wire.

Great fun and great racing...
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 09:27:49 AM +0000 »

I don't think it possible to have more mixed feelings about an event than this one.

Coming into it with a much improved setup, and a new PC which can hold a solid 36fps at all times, I was optimistic of being closer to AA and so it proved with second on the grid, albeit well behind in terms of time.

After making a reasonable start it all went wrong at Tarzan on lap 2 when I hit AA up the back and sent him onto the grassy bank. Spent the next couple of laps severely reprimanding myself before deciding to just press on and try to get first on the road, then let the moderators hammer me next week. My race pace was a bit slow, couldn't even get into the 29s but I eased away from Tim and was really pleased with my consistency.

The backmarkers were exemplary today, thank you to them for making my life easy. Well done to Tim and the charging Fabio for their podiums. Finally, a big thumbs up to Blito who scored a good fourth place and is improving rapidly.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 09:54:05 AM +0000 »

Judging from laptimes of the last Zandy AM race 2 seasons ago, AA's time would've put him in contention for victory:

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7185#event1872

happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 11:14:44 AM +0000 »

Can’t help but being a tad disappointed with my pace once again. I did a lot of off line practice and was hoping for better than I got.

That being said I think it was an OK race for me. I was at the back of the pack, and had one or two battles with a few people. My start was appalling, my clutch didn’t work and I was very slow off the line. Sorry to anyone who had to dodge around a very slow moving Ferrari.

After that I was almost at the back, I was following Mike, but I made a silly mistake, while watching his car rather than driving my own car. This left me at the very back. I caught up with the pack after a lap or two, and then passed Karlisss going into the first corner. I would like to apologies for my pass their, as I did not intend it as a pass, I got my braking wrong and had no choice but to go for the gap, thank you for seeing what happened and staying on your line.

After that I picked a few places after people fell off, and had a battle with Nigel and Ronnie. Both of them were faster than me so all I could do was keep to a tight line around the circuit and cover the inside for turn 1. I managed to keep my place for a few laps, but then Ronnie was too late on the brakes going into turn 1 and hit me.

Ronnie got past me at one point, with a great move on the outside of turn 1, but he spun a lap later letting me past him again. It was quite nail biting at this point, and going into the last laps I saw that the leader was catching us. I continued to defend my line into turn 1 and was looking good. My lap board showed last lap, and the chequered flag was being waved, so I pulled over thinking I finished in 9th place. It took me a few seconds to realise that the flag was being shown for Ross, who was right behind us at that point, and we still had another lap to go. D’oh

Anyway, thanks for the good race Ronnie, you were so much faster than me, but I hope I kept to my lines and we both raced fairly. Also to Nigel, I thought that you’d disappeared up the road from us, I was quite surprised to find that you were behind us on the final order, so something must of happened to you.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 12:08:05 PM +0000 »

Well that brought me back to earth with a bump. My PC was broke so not my usual practice but happy with qually. Wow, did the starter drop the flag quick or what. I was still on tickover so crawled off the line & lost a place. Some offs & missed gears meant I dropped further back. It was me you hit Mike. My car was damaged so shift R & S&G. Won't argue about it here but.......  . Think I was last by then. By this time I had "lost it" not red mist or anything just completely lost the rythem of the track & any confidence as well. Seriously thought about packing it in but that's not the way to get points.

For a long time I was catching Karliss but spun twice when I got near. Finally passed him. Lap 18 my engine blew so another shift R & S&G. I am really trying to adjust my style not to use engine braking but finding it difficult. Its ok telling Bad Blood to read Evil Clive's how to avoid it I should have re read it myself Embarrassed.

Well done to the podium drivers but there was a rumour on chat after the race that Ross was a naughty boy again. Also to AA for that qually time which I think was faster than Goran the last time Novs raced here.

One to forget I think Grin

Norm H

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 01:05:10 PM +0000 »

I didn't fancy my chances at 'The Dunes. 'The Novices field is getting so competitive, that every second lost on the track, is many places lost on the grid.  And pre-race practice had suggested, I'd picked up a persistent interlude. So griding in 9th spot was no big surprise.  

I was relatively happy to be 7th after the initial shuffle, and quickly found myself at the tail in a high speed train of four cars.  With no easy passing opportunities, I decided to wait for a derailment.  It was many furious laps, before things culminated in a spot of bother, as our locomotive was briefly sidelined, by the first carriage.   And as luck would have it, I was able to nip through in all the locomotion, and arrive at a surprised 3rd spot! Grin

Things were coming together rather well - the car was behaving beautifully, and I was driving beyond expectation.  So I took a moment to relax . . . and that's when it happened.

My preferred seating, for on-line racing is a suitably inclined Recaro, with good lateral support for exuberant cornering.  Except in reality, I've an adjustable office chair, with a pillow stuffed behind my back, and a wheel drawn up somewhere North of my knees - thus is life.  When I'd relaxed, the pillow fell to the floor, which meant driving more than half the race with my back, bolt upright.  So I glanced behind to find it, seeing as my driving was so masterful . . . and immediately commenced a grassy moment, prior to the main straight.  Now in 4th, I headed down the straight, and made a grab for it. This instantly pulled my headphones from their socket, and things all went rather quiet, except while I silently shrieked!    taz       

I now had the task of resocketing my lead at 150mph, while driving blindly towards a sharp right hander!  It's amazing how young racing can make you feel - I suddenly had the dexterity of a 4 year old!  Briefly parked it on the grass, and got it all together in 5th.  Except, having being somewhat distracted, it was now time for a silly half spin a lap later.  So, now in 7th, and at the rear end in a train of three.  "How far the mighty had fallen!" I modestly confessed.  

After the two ahead of me met with misfortune, the chequers fell on an uncomfortably placed 5th placer, following a dominating drive by Ross, and Vosblods nature defying Cooper.  Then Fabio, who doesn't seem to realize, he's supposed to be a back marker, and flung himself at the podium.  While I suffered the injustice of being beaten by a cushion! Sad    
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:12:14 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 05:57:05 PM +0000 »

My race pace was a bit slow, couldn't even get into the 29s

My heart bleeds  Roll Eyes

My race was a bit like Maddog's but I didn't lose a cushion lol. I was following karliss closely when he braked for the last corner and I warped a tiny bit and suddenly seemed very close. Panicked a bit stabbed the brakes and span. Ah well at least Norm was slow... I'll pass him on the right - aaagh - he's pitting. I need to go left - I know what, I'll violently jerk my steering wheel round. That'll do. Ah yes, hello spin. At least it got my tyre temps up Cheesy

Norm soon caught me up and took his rightful place. Later on I span and couldn't find a sufficient gap to rejoin - by the time Norm passed me (again) - I was 'parked' at Tarzan - AA was in sight. I need a 400yd gap since my four penalty points. Sad

Boy I need to practice. I take solace that I can't be further back at Castle Combe although multiple Shift_R's on a lap look likely - I could set a record race time!

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 06:35:34 PM +0000 »

and the race according to blito......

very pleased with my 6th place in qualifying, with a new PB of 1:29.88 (i think).
Lined up on the grid only to find the car wouldnt select first gear! Dont know if maybe i lost the server connection for a second or so but it threw me totally! So much so that i wasn`t ready for the flag and i was mugged by four cars on the run to turn 1.... followed the pack ahead for lap one and had a look at passing... errm somebody in a british car into turn 1 lap 2 but chickened out as my Fez was a bit unstable into the hairpin. Settled down into a rythm, picking people off as they spun in front. Fabio was just about in sight for the whole race, occasionally dropping back to just 1 or 2 secs in front then opening up to 10 or so before dropping back again.. i think he was just teasing me!
Once again i think my performance highlights the importance of consistancy - every lap was between 1:30.5 and 1:31.9..  hardly put a wheel wrong at all and i`m very very pleased with 4th place. Just to put everyones minds at rest, i dont expect toequal this result for the rest of the season.. i mean... spa, imola, adelaide, anderstorp..... urgh! horrid horrid tracks!

I just want to say a big well done to Karliss for his exemplary manners and professional driving etiquette when being lapped. Very impressive m8, well done.

Jason Blito
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 08:10:54 AM +0000 »

Congrats to the podium boys.

Sorry Al, yeah there was a bit of warping at my end, yes you braked earlier than I would have liked but I braked too late into turn 1 on lap 15 and it was my fault that I went into the back of you. you were driving great lines to keep me at bay. Just looked at the replay of that waving chequered flag for Gilles behind us, great photo finish for us NOT!!! Sorry again and down to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com