The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 07:41:33 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: From SimBin...  (Read 3394 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:44:40 AM +0000 »

Hello again Sim Racing admins

It has been a while since you last heard from SimBin, but now we have taken the first steps in the development of a web portal and “Community Hub” that we plan to continue developing for a long time.  As a “Community Hub” the portal is not aimed to compete with your well established communities, big or small…  consider it more of an outlet where you can share your community efforts with a broader audience, recruit new drivers, and maybe learn from other admins.

As this is a long term project, we are going to open with a public beta phase where only a few selected areas and limited functionalities are available.

On this new portal we will prominently feature the communities which have supported our titles, and that’s where you come into the picture even before launch.  To be included in the spotlight right from the opening day we need you write and submit any major news or events from your community pertaining to SimBin titles.

Here are a few guidelines for you to consider when submitting content.

1         We can only bring a small selection of your SimBin related news at first, so please make sure that any news you submit have a wide general appeal.  Examples could be: Starting a new season, having a simracing booth at a gaming show, gaining your thousandth or ten thousandth active member, releasing a cool skin pack, a fantastic fantasy mod (no licensing or legal issues) , launching an online racing school, developing a tool for league operations or having Michael Schumacher over for a few laps Wink
2         We cannot feature news that contains unlicensed material, so unless your new mod ready for download is all fantasy cars/tracks, then we cannot relay this item.
3         Content you submit should be written toward a publishing date around late-November.
4         News should contain a headline, a 1-2 line teaser and then the article itself where the length is not limited. A clear publication date should be mentioned as well as a direct link to your community.
5         News should have your community logo attached as well as a presentable graphics/image you want associated with the article. These graphics should be ready for use on web! Preferably in 600x200 pixels or smaller.
6         The first time you submit news, please add a few short paragraphs about your community, location, motto, size, special activities etc so we can highlight your efforts. Also add your own name as the community administrator and verify your email address.

Please note that we cannot possibly guarantee that we will implement and show all your news at first, since the process is currently manual.

We hope you guys will be positive towards this path towards greater community interaction, and that you will support the efforts and be patient even if we start out with the very bare basics.

… By the way, there will be a small exclusive (and free) PC game up for grabs for all members once the beta portal launches. Membership is also free of charge!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00:24 PM +0000 »

Must admit my first impression after I read this was "blimey they don't want much do they?".

But tempered with an acknowledgement that GTL could do with some publicity I'm inclined to overlook my initial thoughts. But then when you look at the restrictions all of our next seasons GTL events probably fall foul of their licensing "issues". So I'd have to write something very general in nature and actually I'm back to thinking can I be arsed. Especially as there's no guarantee of it actually seeing the light of day.

I'll think about it

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:18:42 PM +0000 »

With the death of the old RSC there is no place to go anymore. I'm on here far too much! Though didnt they have semi-official forums over there anyway?

Lets hope this is the start of a big push for GTR3. But kinda agree its not going to have much news if they cant feature anything unliscenced but then your'll always get this stance from the creators. Might be a place to at least just mention us though.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 07:42:01 PM +0000 »

why not mention our new found interest in Race/Evo ? Sure that will perk them up that a league is embracing their lost child and trying to potentially get a new season going.  Undecided

Way to go on the enthusiasm Tony  Wink   laugh

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:28 PM +0000 »

why not mention our new found interest in Race/Evo ? Sure that will perk them up that a league is embracing their lost child and trying to potentially get a new season going.  Undecided

Way to go on the enthusiasm Tony  Wink   laugh

Just don't mention the searching for mods as apparently they don't like Simbin's cars here Wink
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:24:41 AM +0000 »

Well its up.

Gong to be releasing two free games ,well 2 cars, a single seater and a camaro.

Interestingly they are going to release a steam-like version of GTR2 that will tie in with the online functionality of their site but they have had to remove a car brand from it for liscencing reasons. Looking at the game cover they have stuck a massive label over a particular car on it! lol

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 11:36:24 AM +0000 »

Registered, awaiting e-mail.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com