by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 05:07:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-Ninecraft Racing - an introduction  (Read 1160 times)
Jamie Wilson

FT-Ninecraft Racing

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:27:54 AM +0000 »

Short version: HELLO!

tldr version follows:

I suppose this is as good a place as any to introduce myself and the team...

*dawning realisation that I hate writing these things*

Hello all; Jamie here from sunny* Brighton, and I've been simracing 'proper' since LFS 0.5 came about many years ago.

I mainly raced on the STCC (later CTRA) servers near the end of their lifetime and built up enough courage there to take up an offer to join a Race 06 event held at RPM (later RaceDepartment), from which point I was hooked to organised racing. At this point my team, Ninecraft Racing, consisted of myself and one or two close but somewhat inactive friends.

RPM later migrated over to RSC to becoming the RSC Racing Club, where I also became an admin. Teaming up with a few friends from the racing events, Ninecraft Racing entered the 2008 WTCC championship, performing quite averagely. At the end of the season, I invited RSC new recruits Simon Trendell (later also an admin) and Chris Noble to join the team.

At this point with thanks to Chris, a large contingent from another site, the Hussars Gaming Group, joined the festivities. We built up a great little mini-community on the RSC TeamSpeak server and the team ended up expanding to suit. We threw a massive team application in to RSC GT Sport league in GTR Evolution, again performing averagely. Unfortunately at the start of 2009 we were hit by the sudden devastating loss of Chris to a heart condition.

In 2009 the team resized down to a core group of 3; myself, Simon, and new driver Keith Peppiatt. In addition to the single-car 2009 RaceDepartment WTCC league following their transition from RSC, we went 'the other way' to join Chris' original league, the Hussars Cup Challenge, then running Lotus Exiges in GTR2. In the former, Simon put in some stunning performances to win the 'Saturday Cup' arm of the championship against highly rated competition, and in the latter he did it again with myself in second place and Keith winning his class despite a late start.

Later in the year, we focused solely on the HCC5 championship, again finishing in the same order with Keith, now in the top class, finishing one point outside the podium in 4th. We elected that in the event of us wishing to compete with close friends James Yates and Oliver Amos of Fujiwara Tofu Racing in a league environment, we would do so as FT-Ninecraft Racing.

In 2010 we continued with the HCC, still in the trusty Toledo until December, when we decided to leave the now somewhat dwindling championship in favour of taking up an invitation from HCC racer Adam Parle to join you guys here are SRouk. Initially, because none of us would deem ourselves to be particularly comfortable in either the Corvette or the Mustang, we're going for a limited toe-in-the-water style campaign to start with, but nonetheless, the 2011 chapter begins...

See you all on track Smiley

* If it's sunny where you are, it isn't here. If it isn't, then it still isn't here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:13:02 PM +0000 by Jamie Wilson » Logged

Jamie Wilson
FT-Ninecraft Racing
Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:10:06 AM +0000 »

Welcome Jamie! and Team!  Grin

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:46:46 AM +0000 »

Nice intro, see you on track soon Smiley

Adam Parle
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:36:19 AM +0000 »

Good stuff Jamie Smiley

I would wish you all the best and hope you have much success here .... but you're the opposition so I'm afraid that's not going to happen Cheesy.  Seriously though, welcome on board - I'm sure you'll fit right in if the number of instances of "performing quite averagely" in your post are anything to go by  Wink
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 12:27:40 PM +0000 »

Welcome aboard guys, look forward to seeing you on track!

Legends Racing simracing team
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: