Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 06:57:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT-WEB 24hr Bahrain - Qualifying - Thursday  (Read 4026 times)
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 04:37:59 PM +0000 »

Despite some tips from Paul the other day, I am destroying my engine and have to put the rev limit to 7300 (7600 is max). I was trying 7400 originally and I get 8% loss in 10 laps. Now on 7300 I am getting 2% in 10 laps. I have not tried 7600 rev limit but, I reckon I would have no engine left after about 30 laps. Roll Eyes

H@l, I can almost guarantee you that your engine damage is due to overrevving on the downchange because you are changing down too early. I get no engine damage with a 7500 limit and I don't spare the horses going up the box. There are a couple of places on the track though which can kill you on the downchange - T11 and T15. Also T1 if you go to 1st too early. I would suggest in all these corners making a point of delaying the last downchange just for a moment. If you want to post a TT I'll have a look and see if I can work out what is going wrong.

I'm sorry to be a pain but could you possible add gear numbers to the corners unless already specified? Just for peace of mind! I'm not sure if T10 is 2nd when you get it right for example.
Never satisfied are you? I'll be driving your stint next!  Roll Eyes Grin

I'll edit my post to put the gears in, but be aware that this is with Busi's gearing.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 04:45:12 PM +0000 by Paul968 » Logged
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 07:34:43 PM +0000 »

Paul that's great  thumbup1 I'm in Legzy's camp regarding confidence and similar pace

tonight's drinking session in town was cancelled so luckily I have the night to practice and practice more  Smiley

if you have a motec file of the lap that would be helpful... see where to gain the 2 seconds or so  Undecided

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com