Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 12:43:16 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S20N Imola: January 11, 2011
January 11, 2011, 09:42:24 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
miner2049er
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +1.286
---
1 34:15.568
---
20 1:41.693
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:40.200
---
2 +19.997
---
20 1:41.235
---
Goodyear  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 +2.751
---
3 +21.658
---
20 1:41.056
---
Dunlop  
Ronniepeterson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 3 +0.861
---
4 (+5) +37.515
---
20 1:41.486
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +2.333
---
5 +42.832
---
20 1:41.933
---
Goodyear  
Artiglietti

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.072
---
6 +44.651
---
20 1:40.676
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 6 +1.761
---
7 +59.618
---
20 1:41.768
---
Dunlop  
Ross Neilson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.657
---
8 +1:03.545
---
20 1:42.039
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 11 +2.908
---
9 +1:36.550
---
20 1:42.680
---
Goodyear  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 13 +3.951
---
10 +1L
---
19 1:46.229
---
Goodyear  
blito
 Nessuna Speranza
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 +4.312
---
11 (+3) +4L
---
16 1:42.887
---
Dunlop  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +3.026
---
12 +15L
---
5 1:43.574
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.840
---
13 +17L
---
3 1:46.671
---
Dunlop  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +2.111
---
14 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL.65

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 15 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Imola may not be the most popular circuit in these parts, but it produced a fabulous race. Well, from Lap 2 onwards anyway. Norm's great Pole advantage soon disappeared as the flag fell, by which time RogUK was already on his second start of the afternoon.

Once the carnage on the grid had cleared and things settled down we ended up with some good battles throughout the field.

Paul seems to be coming on leaps and bounds but his Honda seemed to be a handful at times.

Mike's sugar in the fuel tank had the desired effect on Lap 5 and he never lost the lead from that point on. Well, not until Fabio put in the fastest parade lap of the season anyway.

Server replay time: 0h00m30s

RogUK makes a false start when the flag is raised but realises his mistake and stops again.
He is told to pit and does so at the end of lap 2. He then pits at the end of lap 4 and retires.

If you are shown a Black Flag and told to pit, unlike a Stop n Go which you can take anywhere, you must take a Black Flag stop in your own pit box. This will clear your penalty and allow you to continue.

If you are in this position and believe you should be allowed to continue to race, then you can continue you may be re-inserted in the final result by the moderator.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h00m45s

Ronnie gets a better start than Norm ahead of him and moves over to pass him.
I think Ronnie is trying to leave room on the left and take a centre line but he simply does not allow Norm enough room and hits him
This is the root cause of the carnage that followed.
Drivers should not forget that the start and the first few corners of a race are the busiest and are always more subject to warp and lag though that was not involved here.
For those reasons they should always be prepared to stick to their own side of the grid and if necessary follow a slower car through T1 and make a cleaner pass later in the race.
Having said that, Vosblod did the same thing further down the grid with success.
Ronnie did have enough room on the left hand side and simply did not leave enough room on the right for Norm.

A total of 3 places lost seems harsh, but this avoidable lap 1 incident caused carnage behind and ruined the chances of a win for several drivers.

Server replay time: 0h00m50s

Blito can see carnage ahead but continues accelerating and leaves it too late to lift off.
He reduces his reaction time and clips a recovering NHance.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h00m55s

Billy tries to take avoiding action but hits a stricken Ronnie who is upside down across the track.
Billy Gets hit by Fabio but neither can avoid the collision.
Paul has a side by side with Vosblod while avoiding other cars.
Norbert and Ross end up side by avoiding other cars and hit each other.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m07s

Both Norbert and Vosblod are recovering from the carnage at the start and they hit each other.
Both can see the other one and both could have avoided a collision but neither lifts and they collide.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h01m31s

Billy hits Nigel Smith in Tosa but cannot avoid the collision as Nigel is sat on track facing the wrong way and Billy was partially unsighted.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h03m18s

Norbert pulls off the overtake of the race around the outside of Tosa.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h04m50s

Ross takes a Stop n Go for his lap1 SHIFTR but if it was not clear who was to blame I would continue and have the 30 second penalty added after the fact if necessary.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h05m29s

Paul sees somebody in the crowd that owes him a fiver and stops to collect it.
He then almost has to spend that fiver on a new nosecone when he rejoins.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h30m50s

Blito rejoins in front of Nigel and takes to the racing line.

Nigel sees him and slows but has nowhere to go.

If necessary, when rejoining you should use the alternate views to see if the track is clear, though it is possible that if Blito had not been revving so highly he would have heard Nigel approaching.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65) - Imola - Jan 11  (Read 7671 times)
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 01:23:02 PM +0000 »

Ah, to be in sunny Italy again!  I somehow thought this was going to be a fast race, and I was right!  

Practice started with a couple of semi-sensible runs, which saw me nestled nicely in-between two fellow Cooperites.  Although, come to think of it, I did have a small spot of bother, over a spot of petrol.  Car started to misfire approaching the start line.  "Oh dear, out of fuel again . . . eek!!" Managed to eek, and limp an entire lap in extreme economy mode - had to freewheel the downhillards. angel

So, with oiled plugs replaced, I retook the track . . . though it tried to stay ahead.  Only now, I'd fitted my top secret, hyper-turbocharged, self exploding, wonder setup - it was Dynamite, I tell you!  Set off on a warm up lap and, "Zap!" -  was suddenly back in Winter, 2011 mode, where grumbling time vigorously commenced!  Internet dead!  I know my driving can be precarious, but if I've scared off my provider, I'll need to find another one a bit braver!  

I'm moving house soon, and hoping not to dis intigrate so readily thereafter.  Hope things weren't too bumpy for the rest of you, and the Coops. managed to maintain some dignity, amongst the fray.  If not, you might suggest the opposition try, a hyper-turbocharged, self exploding, wonder setup, sometime? Huh  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:47:10 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 01:54:41 PM +0000 »

Qually went OK eventually after spending too long trying to use people for a tow and lost time behind them in the turns, but my best lap using Ronnie was spoiled when I hit the gas too quickly out of Revazza and the rear wheels wanted to see what was going on up front. Managed a solo effort in the end that was good enough for 4th on my favourite side of the grid.

The starts are generally easier when the other side of the grid explodes as it did here and I followed AA up to Tosa in 2nd and was quite content to follow him and his tow as we pulled away from the carnage behind. I sat there for a few laps until I emerged from Revazza and caught a faint whiff of oil followed by some loose engine parts, and not long afterwards a dying Cooper which put me in the lead and after AA's reset about 15 seconds in front. I was looking forward to the chase as he tried to pull back a second a lap every lap but it was NHance who took up the chase and I could manage the gap which stayed around 20-22 seconds as I brought it home without too much trouble.

As the report says, I wasn't the fastest here but I was the most consistent.

Only had 1 car to lap which gave me an interesting sideways moment while I tried to decide where Paul was going to rejoin as he found a new line through Revazza, over Revazza and at one point almost under Revazza, but I kept it facing the right way as I did a couple other times where I out braked myself just for shits and giggles.

Nice to have my first win in a while, and made even nicer by the fact my title rivals all had a bad day out.

On to Kyalami next, the scene of my first win. Oh those heady halcyon days..................................

Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 02:50:06 PM +0000 »

Well, what can I say, this one goes into the 'disaster' drawer for the season.

Spent the few first laps trading tenths with Mike, who was stubbornly clinging to my tail and somehow going around at his qually pace with 20 laps+ of fuel on board. Must be the pasta..

Then, my engine let go, great! Swallowed the frustration quickly to have a decent inlap for my stop and go. On the S/F straight it started to dawn to me that I didnt really know where that pit entry was, all those stripey bits of armco seemed the same to me, until oops! I missed it! No wait, I only HALF missed it!

Now, I do think GPL antics have often an hilarious element to them, but please do watch Artigliettis end of lap 6 for the clown manoeuvre of the season, from TV1 especially it provides for a nice refreshing laugh.

So, now I had 2 stop and go to do, and with my focus completely gone thought well to hit the armco at Tosa and bend my rear suspension. I must say, after some laps of getting use to it, that provided a nicely safe understeery machine for the rest of the race. Serious, no kidding.

And then I stopped, went, some more mistakes, some positions picked up through other people's mistakes, limped home in 6th. So much for all that practice. Dont you guys hate this game at times.

Grats to the winner and podium. Two worse races for the underpowered, two cooper wins, and a solid amount of guys in contention for the final prize. You never can tell can you?

See you all in Africa for the next one.   
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 03:14:07 PM +0000 »

Pole positions eh. Like buses you wait forever for 1 & 2 turn up one after the other. Pity about the turn 1 incident as it had a chain reaction. Left me 7th at the end of lap 1 but the car felt a bit different but was steering straight so carried on. Hopefully I have mastered the new technique because I didn't blow an engine. As I caught others up they obliged by falling off in front of me until the eventual 2nd place if it stands. Well done Mike for a consistant drive & Fabio who I could not shake off. Art's qually was scary in a Cooper so I went out for a last attempt but messed it up.
Special mention to Bad Blood for a big improvement this race
This was the biggest race night of the season for Mountside as I hoped to get pole & push on from there & Clutch knows Brno & was hoping to do well. He lost a podium on the last corner to end up 4th. Well done. My pb at Kyalami is not fast enough to even think of pole. There are some high risk corners. I'll risk it in qually but Clutch reckons I'll risk it once too often in the race if the pressure is on & finish well down. We'll see

Norm H
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 08:52:59 PM +0000 »

In past I didn't drive at Imola very much  (probably because the existing rivalry with Monza where I live): I remember an official race with GPFUN two or three years ago with the 67s with bad results.
I didn't have any setup from one of my favourite GPL driver too, so, for the first time, I tried one from H's setup pack and it wasn't bad at all.
I started the race from 10th place on grid, nearly 3" from the poleman, and I expected a midfield race but, after the big startcrash, I found myself on 4th place.
Getting used to H's setup resulted on the 2nd FL of the race (with such qulify time I would have started the race from 3rd place...) and on a podium with a the 3rd place very close to Norm (maybe, with one or two more laps...)
I really can't complain with my UKGPL year beginning...
See you all in Kyalami

Grats to everybody raced and to the race organization.

LONG LIVE GPL, LONG LIVE UKGPL!!

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 03:50:47 PM +0000 »

Only had 1 car to lap which gave me an interesting sideways moment while I tried to decide where Paul was going to rejoin as he found a new line through Revazza, over Revazza and at one point almost under Revazza, but I kept it facing the right way as I did a couple other times where I out braked myself just for shits and giggles.

You noticed that then lol. I saw you coming in Prib and thought just want to keep him behind until ten laps have gone - all I have to do is not make a mistake at Revazza...

Took it cautiously and somehow it is harder to recover when you make a mistake trying to be cautious. Made the same mistake of being too cautious at the Glen on Sunday.

Anyway, sorry and well done on not making it an incident. I couldn't see quite where you were 'cos I was a bit busy so I just had to hope you had better control than me...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 07:45:47 PM +0000 »

Ha! It wasn't a problem.

I find it easier to lap people when they're on the grass. It's just the momentum that takes them back on track that's a problem.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 10:08:36 PM +0000 »

I was actually very good - I paused and checked prib before rejoining. Wouldn't want to drive in a way to attract penalties - even on lap 1 hint hint

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 11:51:11 PM +0000 »

Race Mod Published.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 01:35:56 AM +0000 »

Interesting mod for you Mike Wink

Releived not to have picked up a penalty for lap one and your description of my trip to see the Armco and then trying to share it with the nearest Fezza really made me laugh.

Bit disappointed though - Ronnie didn't get quite enough penalties to finish behind me and Blito had already finished behind me so apart from the Mod and the second placed driver - I am the only one who hasn't moved. Swiz.

Great fun though.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 09:40:32 AM +0000 »

Your sympathy for the lack of harshness of my penalty is noted Paul, cheers mate.

At the time of the start I genuinely thought I would clear Norm BUT I was wrong. As soon as someone pointed out the error of my ways in the chatroom afterwards I apologised and when I saw the replay myself and the ensuing carnage that followed I was horrified!

Sorry guys, it was an unnecessary rash  move on my part and on lap 1 as well. I know the rules and penalty seems more than fair to me. Thanks for the moderation Mike.

See you guys at Kyalami.
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 10:11:24 AM +0000 »

to be honest i think i deserved far worse then just 3 places dropped!!! i drove the whole race in a shocking way, made many mistakes and just got more and more fustrated. Whilst i didnt deliberately collect Nigel my move there was probably the worst driving offence i have ever committed in UKGPL!
Although not as bad as the day in BYGPL that i started a race from pole...... in reverse gear!!!!!!

Jason Blito
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 10:55:46 AM +0000 »

my move there was probably the worst driving offence i have ever committed in UKGPL!
Although not as bad as the day in BYGPL that i started a race from pole...... in reverse gear!!!!!!

Hmmm, I don't think we have a rule for that.

Baldrick, I have a cunning plan........

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 11:20:47 AM +0000 »

Your sympathy for the lack of harshness of my penalty is noted Paul, cheers mate.

Hehe

Well I DID say I was glad you didn't get a penalty at the Glen...

I always think you are fair and I enjoy racing with you for the brief seconds when you pass me! Oh for the heady days of Mosport when we were racing for position and I took you out for a two place penalty...

Bit of a blow for your championship hopes though.

See you in South Africa.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com