by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 05:51:38 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL GTC76 Fun Race: November 18, 2005
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Fun Race - GTC76  (Read 10194 times)
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2005, 07:38:01 PM +0000 »

Rightly or wrongly there's a bit of ill will hanging around toward Simbin by some after GTR. It feels like Blimey are trying to make amends a little with the new game and I really like the way you've gone about publicising the patch and the work going in to it on various forums.

I think the moaning is a bit of a back handed compliment in that it's such a good product that the bugs in there will continue to irritate a little more than with other games until we get that patch.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2005, 07:42:24 PM +0000 »

I'm a bit disappointed to start seeing the "so many bugs" type posts here, without specific details; becoming a bit RSC-like Sad

The specific bugs which have been mentioned are already listed as fixed in the patch list, if you find more, please post the details - the generic "isn't it awful" posts don't help us (or anyone quite frankly).

That's a matter of opinion. I imagine the "isn't it awful" posts on all the racing forums haven't been helpful to SimBin's bottom line, But I wish I hadn't reccomended GTR to a mate who's PC was a bit of mish-mash of peices for which I spent far-to-long getting it going. The "isn't it awful" posts would have been helpful to me, if I would have listened.

Certainly Pop's thread makes me think GTL isn't for my mate.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2005, 07:44:28 PM +0000 »

Rightly or wrongly there's a bit of ill will hanging around toward Simbin by some after GTR. It feels like Blimey are trying to make amends a little with the new game and I really like the way you've gone about publicising the patch and the work going in to it on various forums.

I think the moaning is a bit of a back handed compliment in that it's such a good product that the bugs in there will continue to irritate a little more than with other games until we get that patch.

Marketting and Hype and SimBin's strong point

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2005, 07:48:41 PM +0000 »

With respect Fozz, you grind that axe a bit to much for me. Superb (the best) artwork, design, graphics, sound and driving engine are in there with the marketing too Wink

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2005, 07:51:59 PM +0000 »

Yeh very true PaulW, probably on both counts if I'm honest :-)

The do have superb artists, sound ppl and other stuff. Actually I feel they are just far too good at Marketting.

-----------------------------------------------------
Edited back to how it was, as PaulW followed on, it would not be fair
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:56:37 PM +0000 by fozzmeister » Logged

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2005, 07:55:14 PM +0000 »

With you on that one. Hope they are moving on with the way GTL customers are handled. The dialogue with their customers over what's needed for the first patch is a great start.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2005, 08:03:24 PM +0000 »

Well IMHO they've kindof said a lot how they've based it on GMotor2 but have changed it a lot.

GMotor2 has been overall pretty rock solid in stability, tho _we_ haven't done any big grids, I'm not seeing any mass bad feeling towards ISI, even at RSC. So hopefully its built on quite a solid base, and they have access (and skills) to solve the problems that will/have arisen.

On the positive side, mines in the post now.

Fozzmeister

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2005, 08:30:59 PM +0000 »

Agreed, the problems with GTR were so annoying because the game itself is so good. GTL is looking a lot more promising already. I've not seen any problems while actually racing online yet.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
AndyG

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2005, 08:33:19 PM +0000 »

"At the end of the race, in-game chat may be freely used only after all cars have completed their final competetive lap."

Unfortunately GTL takes over your car even if you hit escape, so you can't tell just by using the monitor whether there's anyone still actually racing (especially as the AI tours back to the pits at very close to racing speed). Perhaps the colours of the drivers as shown in the (unscrollable Roll Eyes Cheesy ) list give (or could give) an indication.
The unscrollable grid list is fixed in the patch, the fix for which also helps with the end of race problem - you can right click on a driver and it shows you a list of their lap times. Not a perfect solution, but you can see how many laps they've done and therefore if they've finished the race or not.

(Monza door also in fix list, to address your other RSC bug Dave.)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2005, 08:57:50 PM +0000 »

Certainly Pop's thread makes me think GTL isn't for my mate.

Whilst I did have a very frustrating (and eventually very expensive!) time of it, I'm convinced it wasn't GTL's fault, it was a hardware problem.

Pops.

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2005, 10:15:39 AM +0000 »

I'm a bit disappointed to start seeing the "so many bugs" type posts here, without specific details; becoming a bit RSC-like Sad

My post obviously came across a bit wrong, I think GTL is a great game even as stock. I am also really pleased that there is a published list of things being fixed in a patch, however, you can understand my frustration at not being able to drive the car during any of the practice/qual sessions and having to keep restart when the lobby crashes. Yes both known problems and both listed as being fixed in the patch. I think it's fair to be annoyed about these bugs as we haven't got the patch yet and so they are still occurring for us. The reason I said roll on the patch is that I know you've fixed most of them already so I really want them now because for me the evenings racing was completely spoiled by the fact that I couldn't even get the car out of the garage to drive.

I don't think there have been any "so many bugs" posts anyway, I listed 2 problems and I've been a big supporter of GTL since even the demo. I was merely summing up my race which is what this thread is about.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2005, 10:22:23 AM +0000 »

(BTW Shark, I tried to reproduce the 906 not showing up in the dedicated server car filter, and couldn't - all cars were shown, regardless of their unlock status.)

Yeah, I was in a rush to restart the server after putting the wrong cars in in the first place, so must have just missed that one. I didn't know then and there whether I had seen it but obviously it was just me missing it out.

How does the 906 compare to the RSR in terms of lap time btw?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2005, 12:38:12 PM +0000 »

Hmm actually I don't want the SimBin flame wars here, GTR is still has a load of dire bugs, GTL certainly has some right now (from what I'm hearing). Perhaps AndyG being here is a blessing, hopefully he'll be in the any GTL championship we run, and if GTL causes GTR any of the things that we've all seen GTR do, then hopefully he'll be doubly motivated to fix them.

We've got GTR and will keep battling with it, hopefully GTL will be better.

<Modified to stop a flame war>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:10:02 PM +0000 by Shark » Logged

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2005, 07:01:55 PM +0000 »

K, Sorry Shark, Dunno what was so combustable, but it sounded good when I wrote it...

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2005, 07:34:28 PM +0000 »

I think may be we're all getting a bit guilty of forgetting that we're just enjoying some good games here rather than life and death, just want to calm it down a bit and keep things in perspective.

It's Chico Time!  Shocked Shocked Tongue Tongue Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com