The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 11:14:11 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Evo Test races  (Read 9154 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:55 PM +0000 »

H@L has asked if i try and organise some races as we potentially have next wednesday for a GTR Evo race and alternate wednesday nights. Now we've yet to get it up and running but i thought i'd get it into peoples minds early. I certainly havent used Evo much at all so am wanting to use these as a means of getting us all upto speed with how Evo works differently to GTR2. The biggest seems to be pitting, as you cant seem to change things manually for your stop.

H@L had talked about running some test races on sunday later on in the season so this will be our first foray into its use.

The scale of the content is amazing even if you ignore the wtcc cars; radicals, mini's, DTM'esque WTCC Extreme cars, '87 touring cars plus we have 3 classes of GT cars which is where i think we'll begin with.

We have the followning classes: GT Pro, GT Sport, GT Club which roughly seem to be like our GT1, GT2 and GTC GTR2 classes.

I'm not sure just how equal these classes are looking at some of the cars but its a good place to start. The GT club class does have the fewest car options which is dissapointing. I'd suggest we start with the GTsport class as those GT pro's seem a bit of a step up in performance.

Just considering the standard tracks my pick of them is: Zandvortt, Istanbul, Nurburgring, Estoril, Imola, Brands hatch not to mention Donnington Nat. which we've run as an addon.

For the first race i'm thinking either a 40min or 60min race place a pit stop.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:52:43 PM +0000 »

I've no problem with this as long as there's enough support for it and we prefer this over the current Cats series. I have no idea how to admin the LM2 side of things to cancel the cats championship as Tony kindly set all this up for me. I do think though that if we go ahead we should crown our champion for this series rather than just abandon it.

As for Evo, I believe the Sport or the Club classes would be a great place to start.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
jpv

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:21:41 PM +0000 »

The biggest seems to be pitting, as you cant seem to change things manually for your stop.

Not sure what you mean by that, as far as I know the pit options in Evo work just like GTR2 with some improvements. You can start making selections as soon as you enter the pit lane, and you can also make preset selections before the race so you there's no need to manually select everything during the stop.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:34:29 PM +0000 »

You can do anything in the pits, just like in GTR2. You can even pre-set it so you got less to before the crew starts doing it. Do some single races with pitting. Smiley GT Sport is great stuff, looking forward to it. Erm, I might take Marcos. Wink
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:37 PM +0000 »

Well pitting is my biggest issue. Being as the two times i've tried going back to the pits in the touring car races i dont seem to be able to change anything and after a minute it times out and just sits there but does nothing.

For info just ran a couple of laps round Valencia'07 in a car from each. Tweaked the setup a bit, but the default is pretty driveable.

GTC - DBRS9 - 1.40.3
GTS - M3 GTR - 1.37.3
GTP - DBR9 - 1.32.7
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:55:49 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
EdamSpeed
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:26:56 PM +0000 »

Well pitting is my biggest issue. Being as the two times i've tried going back to the pits in the touring car races i dont seem to be able to change anything and after a minute it times out and just sits there but does nothing.

It's been a while since I used Evo - but could the pit stopping not work on the 'Race07 side'? i.e. touring cars.. And only works with the Evo GT content?
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:17:45 PM +0000 »

I have all of them add-ons and pitting format is the same. I made two pre-pit strategies or how it's called and it works  fine. Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:16:30 PM +0000 »

Thanks to Picnic, and no thanks to the forum issues we had last week, we now have GTR evo installed and after the Race 07 race tonight shall be finalising what to run first.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 04:59:41 PM +0000 »

thumbup1
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 06:37:36 PM +0000 »

Great news.  Smiley  Though i fear a wednesday eve will still be well under-subscribed  Undecided

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 06:11:29 PM +0000 »

Count me in guys
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 08:53:53 PM +0000 »

Did that code I gave Picnic work?
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 10:10:46 PM +0000 »

It did, thank you Ross for the offer.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 11:48:35 PM +0000 »

Kiss
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:26 AM +0000 »

It did, thank you Ross for the offer.

Cool, glad it's finally got used!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print