The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 07:46:53 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Evo Test races  (Read 9155 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 07:07:45 PM +0100 »

ah okay, i had been running the FIA 08 GT mod (which includes the f430 & 997) rather than this twin car modpack but now installed the mod from your No-grip link.

1:30.3 in the 997 at Brands GP with 6 laps fuel onboard.  Smiley  will try the fezza later.

This 997 is much nicer to drive than the one we use in GTR2, its got its Porsche nimbleness back and feels like a lightweight racecar rather than the slightly lardey one we got used to in GTR2.Its also got a proper gear range and correct rev limit rather than the 9400revs limit infamy!  Roll Eyes

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 08:47:12 PM +0100 »

Just ran a test race with a full grid of GT2 (GTsport) at Brands GP.

Top 4 in qually were the brand new BMW GT2 cars (from the latest simbin GTpack) showing their evolutionary pace, which is as you would expect.
Then it was a Vette C6 GT2, some SEAT toledos!, i popped the 997 in 7th which was highest of the 997s or F430's, which seemed to fall nicely mid pack of performance with a smattering of them around midfield positions. The rest of the grid was a mixture of all the cars.
Pole sitting lap was a 1:28 !! i got 7th with a 1:30.3

Good thing with Evo, is we finally having a working performance ballast system, so if we want we can stick some ballast on either quick drivers or quick cars...or both! to keep the action close  Smiley  That should prevent people choosing the automatic quick car for a win.

David66

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 06:47:04 PM +0100 »

guys i would be intrested in this seris ... but as our system is new and not full of different tracks and cars i will need to be pointed in the right direction to DL them ... have been DL fron nogrip and rFAC central ..

so will need a bit of help ...
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 07:35:38 PM +0100 »

Every announcement have neatly linked all necessary downloads, so it shouldn't be too hard. Welcome aboard. Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:11 PM +0100 »

you not done any laps in that shiny Fezza TT?  slacker!  Grin  want to know if i need to up my pace some more in the 997 to whip ya  Wink

welcome aboard David !  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:55 PM +0100 »

just ran another test race at Brands GP, same as with the 997, ai @ 100%, full grid, this time using the F430.

Great car, well modelled, looks and sounds fantastic. Smiley  The two models look great and are a definite tonic to fill out the GT2(sport) field

I pipped my 997 pb by 2/10ths to get a 1:30.137 which got me 6th on the grid. Again the new M3 GT2's topped out the top 4, 5th- vette and then me, followed by an Ai 997 and mosler. The rest of the grid was a good mix up.

Setup wise, to save folks time, both cars (and most default setups) always run too low tyre pressures, so save yourselves time and put in 5-10psi each tyre straight away. Also ramp up the camber more than your used too with GTR2. My Motec-add tells me all this. I usually have to add a few clicks rear ARB too to dial out the understeer and a lot of the default setups have too stiff springs so you may want to try softening them a tad.
Hope that helps  Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 08:42:01 PM +0100 »

I find the 997 very similiar to the gtr2 one using a very similar setup but i do find it has a bit less grip, obviously the times are slower but i keep locking up the fronts and losing the rears on the kurbs alot.

On defaults the 430 feels really nice, but you can feel it being under damped. Feels like a proper car unlike the gtr2 430.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 10:23:58 PM +0100 »

surprised you find the 997 similar to the GTR2 one? I thought this one a lot more nimble and you can dance it on the throttle, as it should be. I've never fully liked the GTR2 version as its got some bad flaws in the physics...ie the wandering down straights, wrong ratio gears and 'heavy-feel' etc, but being a porsche man still tweaked it to best i could for driving.  Smiley

Agree on the F430, its a nice bit of kit in evo. Wonder if there is a 458 available yet?..could be a good match for the M3 GT2's. But probably best to keep it simple with this mod added into the GT2 mix.
Dead easy install for anyone who hasnt tried the 997/430 mod yet. Just unzip it to a dir on your pc, then literally drop the two sub-directories into your steam install directory
ie.....  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\yourname\race 07

let it over-write as it will not touch any of your steam or game files.  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 11:08:21 AM +0100 »

Just been watching the new International GT Open, plenty of good racing with the usual arrary of fezzas 430&458, 997 porkers, aston martins, ford GT and even a Sunred ! at Imola.  Cool

Idea struck me that we could try using their same idea of having a pitstop window. This would keep the action closer throughout the race rather than such varying strategies that the racing gets disjointed on track. I dont know if its something that you can endforce in Race/Evo or needs a special app? as i know RD use pitstop windows in their longer races. It tells you on screen when the pit window opens and closes and the lap range that it applies to. Works well and creates an interesting buzz when cars start diving in the pits together etc.  Smiley

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 12:21:00 PM +0100 »

Isn't the "open window to pit" included in Race through GT rules?
lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 03:36:07 PM +0100 »

Isn't the "open window to pit" included in Race through GT rules?
It is yes.....but surely most of use pit within 5 laps of each other anyway Huh

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:33 PM +0100 »

nah ive seen people pit all sorts of times in our past endurance races. Might be different for a shorter event using stops though. Handy if the game does create the pit window though.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:38 PM +0100 »

In all our races you can pit when ever you like allowing people the flexiblilty to run what ever strategy you want, how is limiting the pit window going to add something other than everyone running the same strategy which will be boring.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:25 PM +0100 »

I think he's trying to avoid a dis-jointed racing experience, e.g. before pitting you have loads of drivers to battle with and after pitting you don't. He seems to figure that by making everyone pit at around about the same time, you will always have drivers to race with rather than plod around on your own like Billy-no-mates.

If it's possible maybe try it out and see what the general opinion is. maybe

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 08:04:25 PM +0100 »

Trouble with limited pit windows is if you're stuck behind someone who's marginally slower that you can't pass on track you can elect to take an early stop to use strategy to make the pass. I don't have to see a car a meter in front of me to realise I'm racing someone.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com