The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:58:53 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations for an excellent FPS needed  (Read 11933 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 07:25:20 PM +0000 »

I noticed that your characters voice is done by the same guy in Far Cry

(In case your were wondering  Roll Eyes)

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 08:31:10 PM +0000 »

Jason Statham does Psycho
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 08:35:37 PM +0000 »

See for info:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-2-performance-best-graphics-card-multiplayer,2901.html

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 01:23:42 PM +0100 »

Anyone playing Crysis 2 or Homefront at the mo?

I'm on the last level of Crysis and will then go on to Crysis Warhead.

Added a 2nd ATI HD5870 into my rig so now I have CrossfireX capability.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 06:48:22 PM +0100 »

I plan to get Crysis 2 eventually but am playing homefront. Got because of the story, gameplay is no differnet to most nowadays, an on rails shooter.

Sorry, all the reviews i've seen of Xfire and SLI show its too random, 1.3x at best or 0.5x at worst.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 11:41:25 PM +0100 »

Yes, I'm playing Crysis 2. Awesome. Don't care what the multiplayer is like, not interested, but love the single player (and yes I bought it, as it's worth £25!). Graphics are amazing, shows what can be acheived with DX9.

And a developer that cares about people like me with FPS motion sickness as there is a view bob slider, which helps a lot, although I still can't play it for more than an hour, or 20-30 mins if it's indoors. But that's better than the 2 minutes I get with COD or anything else.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 08:42:34 AM +0100 »

Sorry to hear about that Shark. Yet driving games are fine?

Is it only DX9? I dont get the current fascination with multiplayer, to me its a completely different pace of game, too quick which i dont like.
I think this and Duke Nukem Forever seem to be the only ones with a decent length story.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 09:02:15 AM +0100 »

Yes only DX9, not even DX10 or DX11. There is talk of a patch to add DX11, but I don't think it will happen personally, they don't really gain anything by doing it (financially). Whatever they've done with DX9 it does look stunning and isn't the machine killer that Crysis was.

There are 3 graphics settings and they all look good. Gamer, Hardcore and Extreme (or something like that). I have it on Gamer. Extreme has more special effects which make it look even better, but my machine isn't quite capable of running it as it only gets about 20fps, which just isn't enough. The middle one is about 30fps which is ok, but still not really smooth enough to be fully playable and then the Gamer one I get 40-50fps which is nearly enough and certainly plenty playable.

I have to say also that the sound in the game is the best I've ever heard in any game on any platform, it's truely incredible.

The story is good.

The gameplay has been a bit consolified, but to me that just means there are too many controls and too many things you can do with the controls which over complicates it unncessarily, but you can just stick to the normal FPS stuff for the most part so that's ok. I'm too old to learn all these new slides and whatnot. Wink

I like the fact that you have to employ a bit of everything in your tactics. Stealth, guns blazing and so on.

It takes quite a while to get past all the human opponents to get to the aliens and they are scary cause they come at you so quickly and you have to be quick. I haven't finished the game yet as I've been playing Star Wars Lego III on the PS3 nearly constantly for 2 weeks and I'm still only 60% complete of the entire game Grin.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 09:06:19 AM +0100 »

Do any other latest FPS games for the PC provide for triple screens in the same way iRacing does?  ie. with independent rendering so you don't get massive stretch effects on the side screens?  Would be handy to use my iRacing rig for the occasional FPS game.

Cheers, Ross.
Mr.BMW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 11:39:26 PM +0100 »

Crysis 2 looks phenomenal maxed out, and it's getting a much better framerate than Crysis 1/Warhead even with configs.

Ross, if you have an ATI card with EYEFiniti, you should be able to run multiple monitors without stretching - otherwise it would be down to each game and it's settings, but most should be good.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 07:02:41 PM +0100 »

Just finished Crysis. On the whole not a bad FPS although I did find the levels in the alien mountain (core) a bit dull. Also the whole end on board the ship was week. Probably not one I'll bother doing again unlike Far Cry which I've played through about four time now. Anyways onto Crysis Warhead which is loading now.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:59:25 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 09:11:42 AM +0100 »

Crysis 2 looks phenomenal maxed out, and it's getting a much better framerate than Crysis 1/Warhead even with configs.

Ross, if you have an ATI card with EYEFiniti, you should be able to run multiple monitors without stretching - otherwise it would be down to each game and it's settings, but most should be good.

I am using an ATI card but I perhaps wasn't clear - it's not stretching I'm referring to, it's the warping that you get as a result of the wider FOV that only goes away if the game you're playing knows to render the side screens from the correct perspective like iRacing does.  It's probably not that big an issue really I suspect, but it's what makes iRacing so good to run with triple screens.

Cheers, Ross.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 01:17:59 PM +0100 »

Anyone played Metro 2033?

Steam have if for £9.99 for this weekend only and I'm tempted

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:25 PM +0100 »

No idea about the game but if you're quick you can get it for a fiver

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-M2033/metro-2033

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 06:08:31 PM +0100 »

Still playing metro 2033, i like its so much i dont play it because i dont want it to end!
Best single player game ever, really good scifi story. graphics are amazing. Hope the second one will be as good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com