The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 04:46:35 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations for an excellent FPS needed  (Read 12544 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 06:49:50 PM +0100 »

No idea about the game but if you're quick you can get it for a fiver

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-M2033/metro-2033

Just done exactly that  Cool

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 06:50:53 PM +0100 »

Still playing metro 2033, i like its so much i dont play it because i dont want it to end!
Best single player game ever, really good scifi story. graphics are amazing. Hope the second one will be as good.

Just bought at Gamersgate.  Grin

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 07:05:50 PM +0100 »

Still playing metro 2033, i like its so much i dont play it because i dont want it to end!
Best single player game ever, really good scifi story. graphics are amazing. Hope the second one will be as good.

What level are you playing at?

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 07:42:03 PM +0100 »

The middle one! normally on the middle level level one.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 03:23:42 PM +0100 »

Effectively finished Half-Life: Source , well, upto the part you cross over to the alien world and its far too bizzare after that! I decided to play it as i never actually got very far in the original HL, the soldeirs were just to hard!

Decided to re-install Far Cry 2 and though the story is the same as i remember it, it looks bloody good on my system. Going to try and go through all the side missions and explore a bit more!

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 04:37:37 PM +0100 »

I downloaded Battlefield 2 from Steam a while back and have quite enjoyed the single player experience. The battle sequences are very vivid what with the sounds of explosions, bullets and shells whizzing past you etc. In fact I passed the Game store in town this afternoon and bought Battlefield 3 for when I've finished 2  Cool

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:08 PM +0100 »

err you bought it for single player only...... Hit with a wet fish

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 10:55:39 PM +0100 »

err you bought it for single player only...... Hit with a wet fish

Yep! I've never ventured into multiplayer with a FPS. Maybe one day..............

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 11:56:33 AM +0000 »

I received Far Cry 3 for Christmas. Anyone else played this yet?

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:44 PM +0000 »

Only played about 20mins of it but tbh a little disapointed. I hope it does allow you some freedom of movement as it seesm to be quite rigid early on. The map is badly done as it kinda looks like your limited on travel, enemy can randomly just turn up if your doing something and all i have is a pistol! trying to pick up a weapon while fired on isnt easy, dont like the hold a button to do something, why cant i just press it once! You can see FC2 in aspects of it at times. Feels like you need to craft alot of things so you can carry ammo, weapons and loot straight away.

One i have been enjoying is Dishonoured though, more stealth than shooter, interesting story, world as well.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:28:08 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32:27 PM +0000 »

The start is very "on rails" but that's just the training stuff. I've completed the first mission where you stealth attack a village with five enemy in it (took three attempts tho). Take weapons from fallen enemy. After that you can pretty much choose do do what you want (side missions/explore/ main mission etc). The game mechanics seem much like FC2 but in a different form e.g. first aid packs are syringes that you fill with health giving plants that you collect. Extra carrying ability enabled by using animal hides from critters you kill etc. But watch out for Monitor lizards, their mean.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 07:32:31 PM +0000 »

Ok, i think FC3 is THE best FPS game ever!!! Its certainly the longest i've ever played, the save game says 18-19 hours and i dont think i'm a 3rd in. I'm addicted to it, i hvent played any other FPS since getting it and being that i was playing Dishonored which was the best thing i've played. If i'm not driving i'm playing this! I have been quite leisurely and done as many as the side missions as i can and wandered around to collect the relics and stashes. Its quite addictive collecting everything on the maps!  The Bow is my favoirte weapon as its the only stealthy way, though its pretty difficult to aim it at distance means you end up warning them!

the main annoyance is that money is too easy to come by to buy weapons but the list is limited. I probably should not have rushed to craft everything at the beggining either. Its definately more of an exploration game than a shooter. Havent even touched the multiplayer side.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 09:20:34 PM +0000 »

Damn now what... Huh

Having been preety much obsessed with playing it over all other things, i've finally finished the game. I think my last look on the save game said just over 40hours! Which is amazing for a modern game to give you that length of single player playing. I did make a habbbit of doing as much stuff as possible of the side stuff, collected most of the trophies, but there is far too many treasure boxes around and money was too plentiful.

I have to say it worked superbly with triple screens, with it just using the middle one when it needed to, need to find a FPS that does the same.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:05 PM +0000 »

I'm still playing so no spoilers please  Wink I'm also getting anal about collecting all the idols and opening all of the crates. Did you search the bodies too? and collecting the memory cards and war letters. Also do the trial where you have to deliver the meds along a route in time. Haven't bothered with some of the other trials tho, bit pointless IMO. But thouroughly enjoying the whole concept and gameplay.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:54:20 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:27 PM +0000 »

quake!
yes the original
the "brown" game.....
gotta love it Smiley

Jason Blito
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print