The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:03:00 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR Evo Race - GTSport - Imola- 16th Feb  (Read 3406 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:54:46 AM +0000 »

As i cant post race announcements i'd post it up to give you a bit more a warning of the race until someone manges to do it properly.

GTSport Class around Imola for a 60min race which includes a mandatory stop.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:19:33 PM +0000 »

Nice, but doubt i will be able to make it after a 60minute race on tuesday night beforehand  Roll Eyes If i can i will but a 30 or 40min race would have been more sensible for starters. Why 60mins for a test race on a midweek night? Asking for low attendance i reckon.  Huh

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:47:20 PM +0000 »

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8967#event2579

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 01:22:29 PM +0000 »

An extra 20 mins really going to tip people into not turning up? unlikely.

Wrong length, wrong cars, wrong sim, wrong weather, wrong time, wrong track, wrong day. Your a hard man to please MJ Tongue

Anyway, if i'd remembered my PM last week i should have said 40mins.

Personally, i see low numbers whatever we do. There is nothing you can suggest that will see an influx of people, its just about having a bit of variety and allowing people to choose

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:15:00 PM +0000 »

Cool. Comming. Cool
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 04:20:42 PM +0000 »

An extra 20 mins really going to tip people into not turning up? unlikely.
well straight away its probably put me out of the equation so theres one less driver for you  Roll Eyes

Wrong length, wrong cars, wrong sim, wrong weather, wrong time, wrong track, wrong day. Your a hard man to please MJ Tongue

pot calling the proverbial kettle i believe  laugh

if i can be there, i will. At least theres no P&G race on thursday to make it 3 nights sim racing in a row. Only 4 races left in the RD GT1 series so things may become easier for a weds eve race in a few weeks for me. Smiley

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 06:52:29 PM +0000 »

I'm fortunate to be let able to race a lot. Smiley You need to redo your priorities, MJ - racing wise. I think the Sport class is the most enjoyable of the Race' game. Would not miss it. Kiss
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 07:50:40 AM +0000 »

You need to redo your priorities, MJ - racing wise.

Really? so far its been a case of about 5 people here racing touring cars on a wednesday or fully subscribed 28 car GT1 grids on great tracks on a tuesday. Think i know what i prefer. Wink
Weds eve races have NEVER been popular here because traditionally we have raced on tues, thurs and sundays. If we are going to give Evo a meaningful run, it needs to be slotted into a sunday night when there are more racers about. We did it for SGT, and i think thats lame compared to any of the GT classes in Evo. Sad

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:20 PM +0000 »

Weds eve races have NEVER been popular here because traditionally we have raced on tues, thurs and sundays. If we are going to give Evo a meaningful run, it needs to be slotted into a sunday night when there are more racers about.

That is true but, we need to take that into consideration when trying to determine its popularity. I would say the day gives approx a 30% - 40% decrease in numbers compared to a Sunday.

You need to give people a chance to grow to like Evo. Remember that it has a lot going against it for the traditional PC sim racer. Console port, people will assume mods will be problematic with steam, Evo only comes with 1 track and its Nordshleife and its full price and the lack of tyre choice when it first came out would lead people to believe the game is less sim and more arcade.

Now, MJ you have already mentioned that many of the above assumptions are not true or do not have the negative effect that people think they will and you are correct but, all the other drivers still need to be made aware and ignore their pre-cognitive filters on the subject of Evo. Grin

The vote over GTR2/Evo was very surprising to me when I held it because I thought that Evo really would not be popular. Although it did not win the vote, it was so close that it was decided that Evo needs a chance. Me and a few other organisers have put some time into getting some races going.

If the races are popular then Evo will be used on Sundays in the soon to start championship. The best thing to do would be to show up for those Wednesday races even if you do not practise. Just poodle along at the back to help to get the numbers up and support your favourite sim.

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 06:24:05 PM +0000 »

I don't understand half the sentences that H@l wrote but I agree with him. blink Err, give Race a chance. Cheesy
C'mon MJ, you were among the most eloquent when there was a debate to use Evo / Race. What's up? Not sleeping well lately? Kiss
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 06:09:40 PM +0000 »

let me clarify what i wrote above, as realise some may think i was referring to (spits on floor  Wink ) iRacing on the tuesday when i said "28 car grids at great tracks"..that was also using GTRevo over at RD. I meant why would i sacrifice that for a 5 car turn out using TC's on a wednesday.  angel

Im not sure how popular Evo will be here, did we even do a poll to find out how many owned it? This site is majorly quiet these days for GT racing, other than the recent iR threads and us die hards who still race P&G or GTL. We may well and truly have missed the boat. There are many British racers racing at RD and you have to ask why they dont race here in a british league and i guess thats because we never had anything to offer them than an old GTR2 set of cars...who knows. Undecided

lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:04 AM +0000 »

let me clarify what i wrote above, as realise some may think i was referring to (spits on floor  Wink ) iRacing on the tuesday when i said "28 car grids at great tracks"..that was also using GTRevo over at RD. I meant why would i sacrifice that for a 5 car turn out using TC's on a wednesday.  angel

Im not sure how popular Evo will be here, did we even do a poll to find out how many owned it? This site is majorly quiet these days for GT racing, other than the recent iR threads and us die hards who still race P&G or GTL. We may well and truly have missed the boat. There are many British racers racing at RD and you have to ask why they dont race here in a british league and i guess thats because we never had anything to offer them than an old GTR2 set of cars...who knows. Undecided
I agree MJ. The GT racing has definitely declined, I think we need to re-look at our GT Class cars and freshen them up in line with the real FIA GT Championship, maybe we could try and find some GTREvo models that have been converted to GTR2 (if they exist?).

I still think GTR2 has some legs yet as a game that is more flexible/customizable in regards to setting up racing events, you just have to look at GTWeb as an example of this.

I do hope we sort something out soon though, I'm missing our 80mins endurance races on Sunday :'(

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 11:30:06 AM +0000 »

Err, yes. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com