The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 04:42:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • R4 Imola: February 16, 2011
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 Season 4 - Imola - Feb 16  (Read 6820 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 07:08:08 PM +0000 »

Managed to get the game working, but actualy didn't do a thing, lol. As suggested somewhere, I made a guest profile, run the game, didn't work, back to admin, run and it works. Will never understand the thing. All the while I'm still waiting for Steam Support to make sound. Roll Eyes
Mcfids

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 07:35:56 PM +0000 »

I'm hoping to be there in some capacity just to see how Evo will compare. Please excuse me if I park my car for a bit mid race as I'm on my own with 3 kids and the shopping is due to be delivered as well. Rock n' roll...
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 08:01:58 PM +0000 »

would have joined you guys but after re-formatting my HD and reinstalling steam, evo doesnt work Sad ... i hit Play and it flashes up and nothing happens  Angry

think it is because i downloaded and installed evo before Race so deleted both and installing Race first this time... next week it is then!!

hope i'm not joining TT in the Steam support queue....!! (which MJ reported as pretty dam poor!  Lips Sealed)

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26:06 PM +0000 »

wow, that was a cracking first race! Really enjoyed myself. Even the frustrating cut warnings didnt dampen my fun too much as knew every human was going to get a stop and go at some point here! hehe And at least they are proper stop and go's  Smiley

Qualied 3rd or 4th  Smiley after great session battle with top few guys throughout.

Race start was hard getting a fat vette off the line with cold tyres, but all seemed clean and good into first few corners. Had a great first 20mins or so battling top 4, swapping places and chasing very hard.
Got my stop and go on 21 mins in, pitted quickly and dropped to about 11th from 3rd  Sad got past some who got their own s&G's and a couple of ai cars.
But then spent last 10mins or so behind a 4 car AI train that were very quick but then also held me up in some corners.
Eventually my tyres got more and more warn down to about 70% or so and TT caught me like a rocket! He got justice in passing me the same place i got him early in race, with 1 lap to go and nipped ahead of me.

Bizzarely not sure where i finished as my final placing seemed different to where i had assumed i was but not sure who was a lap down ahead of me  Huh Was i 5th?

Great result for Lazlow who drove stonking race  Cool

Great first race i think, but could have done without the cut warnings. Not had a single one of them at RD season so either they turned them off or this track is too strict for them. Undecided

nsfast

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26:25 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed my first race on GTR Evo tonight. Thanks for organising this event. It was good to have a decent turnout.

Maybe with some practice next time I can avoid the stop & go's. Roll Eyes
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 09:51:29 PM +0000 »

Can't see the appeal myself Sad If I've got to learn a new sim to be remotely competitive then this ain't it. Sorry

Mcfids

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 09:57:31 PM +0000 »

From what little available time I did have to race tonight I thoroughly enjoyed Evo - it felt more polished and fresh.  No time for any prep, which was reflected in my result:), and I was rear-ended into a wall by the AI so my car was hanging, but it was still good fun.

Please please, instead of running test GTR2 races on Sunday with the familiar "standard" cars, can we run a 1 hour or more endurance test with Evo? It seems quite a few of us have Evo and the numbers for the GTR2 test race last Sunday were minimal. Sunday evening is much better for me - I don't get interrupted.  
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 10:01:32 PM +0000 »

Results posted ^^^^^^^

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 10:40:16 PM +0000 »

Can't see the appeal myself Sad If I've got to learn a new sim to be remotely competitive then this ain't it. Sorry

huh? what you expect to race in a brand new sim with minimal praccy and go great guns? Did you use default setups? they are notoriously 'safe and understeery' but not quick enough against other competitive animals like us  Wink Most are set too stiff i found.
 Me, TT and Lazlow struggled in our first few races against the RD crowd using GTRevo, coming from years of GTR2, but we have now got up to speed a bit better with more seat time.  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 12:18:42 AM +0000 »

what you expect to race in a brand new sim with minimal praccy and go great guns? Did you use default setups?

Not necessarily but then I can't say I've approached this any differently to the TC races we've been doing on Wednesdays either. I'm doing ok there Wink

There simply hasn't been an instant connection between me and these cars, I don't see why they are so much better than the stuff we've been running. Given the need to learn this or that other stuff the other stuff wins out I'm afraid.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 07:28:51 AM +0000 »

There simply hasn't been an instant connection between me and these cars, I don't see why they are so much better than the stuff we've been running. Given the need to learn this or that other stuff the other stuff wins out I'm afraid.

Haha! Grin I've been saying this exactly about iR. I hear you, brother. Wink Whatever floats your boat, though I'd like to see you with us. Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 08:04:51 AM +0000 »

all i would say is driving Touring cars or even the caterhams is a lot easier to pick up and race than proper GT cars..as it is in the real world ! and as it is in any racing sim, and should be.

A tough track was picked for a first race, very unforegiving and technical. Maybe we should have used the GT club (GT3) class as a starter to wean you kiddies off your TC's  Wink

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 09:06:14 AM +0000 »

Cracking race, marred only by the ridiculous cutting detection. Got two stop&go's and had one spin, else I'd be battling with Donald. Tongue
Great class to race. Cool
Gazza49er

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 09:07:38 AM +0000 »

Looks better, sounds better, more polished  Huh  sorry but im just not seeing this. IMHO GTR2 is so much better than this. Evo looked like a step back to me, maybe it doesnt like my pc but it looked horrible on my setup.

I know i havnt done much GTR here for a while so maybe i shouldnt put this but i didnt like it.

UKGTR - SEASON 9 - GTC Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 10 - GT2 Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 11 - GT1 Champion
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:40:39 PM +0000 »

Damn, how did I miss this.  oops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs2xUrz6ELU

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com