Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 06:47:56 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S20A Brno: January 11, 2011
January 11, 2011, 10:09:29 PM +0000 - Brno (1965-74) - UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Amateurs Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.990
---
1 48:01.343
---
10 4:45.125
---
Dunlop  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 4:44.740
---
2 +5.797
---
10 4:45.145
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +3.390
---
3 +54.434
---
10 4:47.789
---
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +3.430
---
4 +54.520
---
10 4:49.690
---
Goodyear  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 5 +5.780
---
5 +1L
---
9 4:47.460
---
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +8L
---
2 4:49.525
---
Dunlop  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 6 +5.910
---
7 +44.826
---
2 5:06.250
---
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +20.450
---
8 +10L
---
0 ---
---
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 9
---
0 ---
---
Goodyear  
2 UKGPL_T7

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Brno was always intended as one of the more 'power' friendly tracks for this season with it's frankly rediculous straights and high speed sections.
Yet suprisingly the win was again taken by a BT7 - This time Tim M's closely followed by fellow Black Night driver Goran Jonsson.
While Clive used typically underhanded Waza tactics in stealing 3rd from Clutch at the last possible moment, with a gap of only 0.086 seconds at the line!

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1965
4:44.740
---
G Jonsson
Qualifying
Brabham BT11 (Climax)January 11, 2011, 10:09:29 PM +0000
S20A
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1965
4:45.125
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Brabham BT7 (Climax)January 11, 2011, 10:09:29 PM +0000
S20A
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Amateurs Trophy (65) - Brno (1965-74) - Jan 11  (Read 8068 times)
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 10:51:48 PM +0000 »

P&G requires you to have GTL, right?
Tut tut Tim telling people to try other sims then the god of them all Wink
Yes you need to have a GTL game disc (although you don't need to install it) and, I think, you need GTR2 as well.
Must admit I found it too much trying to do P&G and GPL (which of course is the best)...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:39 AM +0000 »

It's not easy switching between the 2 but I'm just a sucker for accurate historic sims Grin
I concentrate my efforts on GPL though and as a result my performances in P&G varie wildly from race to race and car to car.
In fact I regularily pick cars based purely on engine note with no regard for suitability to the track at hand - you can guess how that normally goes!  ninja
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 03:37:16 PM +0000 »

U tube will always have out of synch soundtrack , so the point you hear the engine note "lift off "  will be distorted and sound earlier than it actually is.
The only way to see the true brake point would be for H to upload a replay file for us mortals to mooch over using the GPL replay facility  Smiley

Of coarse we could then use GPLRA to maybe find a few more pointers  Wink

How's about it H ?  balloon

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:38 PM +0000 »

Also,  why can't we have sound like this ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h23iiTMdWLE&feature=related

PLEASE  Cool

then I would never mind about running on my own at the back  Shocked

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 04:45:58 PM +0000 »

U tube will always have out of synch soundtrack , so the point you hear the engine note "lift off "  will be distorted and sound earlier than it actually is.
The only way to see the true brake point would be for H to upload a replay file for us mortals to mooch over using the GPL replay facility  Smiley

Of coarse we could then use GPLRA to maybe find a few more pointers  Wink

How's about it H ?  balloon

It's out of sync before Youtube, as an AVI file. It's something to do with capturing and compressing it afterwards. But anyway, I can adjust the frame rate to compensate for that, more or less. The shorter the track the less adjustment is needed.

As for the replay, sure, here's a link:

http://racingleague.co.cc/hikiwaza/downloads/65_brno_65_bt7_43867.zip

That's an awesome sound by the wazamobile  Shocked  thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Re-uploaded it after adding the setup I used to the zip file.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:51:54 PM +0000 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 08:57:27 PM +0000 »

What a total waste of time! First all the delay with the bad grid, then Clutch just had squeeze me right at the edge of the track when I made my pass, then he had to take such big risks as to eventually go off in attempt to pass me back at T1, forcing me to avoid him and take myself out. Can't you just realize when you're stepping way over your limit and back off?  Roll Eyes A big engine was the only thing which kept you in front for so long, so why not stick to that advantage only...

Hmmm, think i missed this entry earlier on. Heat of the moment maybe, but slightly out of order

I know it must be difficult after 153 Poles, 125 Wins and 13 Championships to find yourself mixing it further down the field with us slower Amateurs who don't know 'our limits'. I felt i was clear when the pass was made, but did lose the back end on the first right hander into the first village due to an attempted muddled down shift from 5th to 3rd due to me Manually shifting with a 5 speed box and a Clutch (Don't worry if this bit goes over your head.. this is something the Drivers used to do in the 60's when they drove these cars as opposed to your prefered unrealistic method of 'flicking paddles' on the wheel and left foot braking for maximum Performance over realism).

I'll apologise ofcourse as it was purely accidental, but all i can suggest is that you don't mix it with the slower drivers and qualify better by making sure you attend qualifying ontime as opposed to your recent trend of arriving very late and putting in a last gasp Pole lap for maximum glory (for every race so far), a tactic that i'm afraid let you down this time my friend.  Wink

Your the fastest Driver in UKGPL and i'm pretty sure you'll be in the mix come the end of the season, so think of it this way, your crash, due to my spin, has actually made the Championship more interesting for the Neutral fan! Anyway, it'll give me and Bernie somthing to talk about during the next race whilst we wait for the leaders to appear in our mirrors and the blue flags to start waving.  Wink

Now, deep breaths, see you next round. (in the distance)  Wink
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 09:27:16 PM +0000 »

Also,  why can't we have sound like this ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h23iiTMdWLE&feature=related

PLEASE  Cool

then I would never mind about running on my own at the back  Shocked

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Now thats what I call music!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 09:36:23 PM +0000 »

I know it must be difficult after 153 Poles, 125 Wins and 13 Championships to find yourself mixing it further down the field with us slower Amateurs who don't know 'our limits'. I felt i was clear when the pass was made, but did lose the back end on the first right hander into the first village due to an attempted muddled down shift from 5th to 3rd due to me Manually shifting with a 5 speed box and a Clutch (Don't worry if this bit goes over your head.. this is something the Drivers used to do in the 60's when they drove these cars as opposed to your prefered unrealistic method of 'flicking paddles' on the wheel and left foot braking for maximum Performance over realism).

Heh, who do you think you're speaking with, Clutch? You obviously don't know me at all, nor do you know how far my knowledge of racing and racing cars extends. But if it makes you feel more secure, I'll let it be so. I'll only say that I'm only using whatever controller I have in posession. If I could afford something better I would've had done so long ago... it has nothing to do with preferences. I've driven for years with a joystick and then switched to a wheel/pedals. You can imagine what it means trying to learn completely new habits at the age of mid 20s. Instead of preaching what's realistic and what isn't, look after improving your own racing habits.

I'll apologise ofcourse as it was purely accidental, but all i can suggest is that you don't mix it with the slower drivers and qualify better by making sure you attend qualifying ontime as opposed to your recent trend of arriving very late and putting in a last gasp Pole lap for maximum glory (for every race so far), a tactic that i'm afraid let you down this time my friend.  Wink

Slower drivers? Since when slow equals dangerous? I've raced many slower drivers and had great battles without a single problem. I still do. I've also been the slower driver myself and it didn't stop me from having good races. My late arrival has nothing to do with your stupid assumptions of "maximum glory". I arrive when I can and I do whatever is possible in Qualifying. Why don't you stop blaming me and simply take responsibility for your own mistakes, because in this case I'm not the one making mistakes. Or do you prefer to assume "i'm slow, i can afford to be dangerous on the road, it's the better drivers who have to keep their distance from me so they don't get hurt". What kind of wrong thinking is this?

Your the fastest Driver in UKGPL and i'm pretty sure you'll be in the mix come the end of the season, so think of it this way, your crash, due to my spin, has actually made the Championship more interesting for the Neutral fan! Anyway, it'll give me and Bernie somthing to talk about during the next race whilst we wait for the leaders to appear in our mirrors and the blue flags to start waving.  Wink

Now, deep breaths, see you next round. (in the distance)  Wink

Fastest counts for little when you're racing other people. Predictability, respect and consistency are what wins you races, what leads to enjoyable battles and what keeps you out of incidents. When you're being reckless, don't be surprised you end up in an accident or cause someone else's retirement. It's highly ridiculous to tell someone not to race with you because you're lacking control and to yet enter the same races as them and keep doing your thing.

And please don't try to involve Bernie into this. For your information, Bernie is a totally predictable driver and knows his current limits 10x better than you. He would rarely endanger anyone by taking huge risks, or if he does he'll take responsibility for his actions. You don't think he won titles in UKGPL by sheer luck, do you? I've probably only ever had a problem with Bernie once or twice over 6 years.

I'm really disappointed, because first you reply and appologize, then even talk friendly to me, then you suddenly change faces and throw out these ridiculous statements with all the arrogance in assuming that you know anything about me, my experience or my knowledge.

Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 10:13:59 PM +0000 »

Guys, could you please continue this in PM's? If it doesn't wok, maybe just use this magic button called: "Submit an incident report" and let this be decided by a moderator Wink

I felt i was clear when the pass was made, but did lose the back end on the first right hander into the first village due to an attempted muddled down shift from 5th to 3rd due to me Manually shifting with a 5 speed box and a Clutch (Don't worry if this bit goes over your head.. this is something the Drivers used to do in the 60's when they drove these cars as opposed to your prefered unrealistic method of 'flicking paddles' on the wheel and left foot braking for maximum Performance over realism).

Sorry Clutch, but the way you shift gears should never be an excuse for making mistakes. That's yours choice, and others shouldn't be penalised because of that. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about your incident with Hristo Wink

You need to remamber that, many drivers don't drive in "realistic way(H-shifter + H&T)" because they don't have proper hardware. Others might have G25, but decided not to use H&T because it has nothing to do with realism Tongue

Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27:50 PM +0000 »

No problem chaps. I won't be continuing the thread, i've seen these things get out of hand on other threads.

Just thought the original post from H required a response of equal measure, (i missed it originally)

No problem from me, just felt i'd push a few buttons to get a reaction in response to his claims which were a tad out of line i felt.

I've apologised for the incident in question and have no further issues with him.

Each to their own on the shifting issue ofcourse, no grudge there.  Wink

3 years at UKGPL and my first 'naughty' post. Won't be making it a habit.

Cheers  Smiley
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 01:12:56 AM +0000 »

Just thought the original post from H required a response of equal measure, (i missed it originally)

How can you say that when your response reeks of selfish arrogant statements aimed only to make you feel more comfortable and find an excuse for your actions on the track, just because you're using superior controllers. "He's not driving realistically, he's not using a shifter or a clutch pedal, I think he doesn't even know the meaning of that, while me on the other hand - I struggle much more and therefore I always have an excuse when something goes wrong and that removes any responsibility off my shoulders".

My report was done just after the race and is completely transparent to how I felt and saw the situation, therefore it's completely honest and truthful. You on the other hand, after making an equally honest post earlier and which made a lot more sense, had to return to my post 2 days after the race and make a fool of yourself by speaking totally irrelevant things.

Do you really believe that if I get a G25 (or whatever with shifter/3pedals) I won't practice hard to reach back my current level, regardless of what you think is realistic or not? Do you really believe reaching the limit of grip of a given car in the sim is about driving "realisticly" or not? You can keep fooling yourself that it gives you enough reason to make mistakes or have bad results, but the reality is you either work hard to improve or you give up. Feel free to blame it on someone else if it makes you feel better though, but don't be surprised when you get reactions like mine.

Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 08:45:06 PM +0000 »

If you can't take it mate, don't dish it out.  Wink

I've apologised and also stated it was my error and also how it happened from my point of view, but thought i'd also wind you up a bit for good measure because i felt your post was slightly condesending to me. (it appears this worked so we'll leave it there)

I'm sure we have better things to do and as Podkrecony says, there's no need to continue the thread.  angel

No more responses from me so your next post (god forbid.. surely not) will be unanswered.  Wink
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 04:04:26 PM +0000 »

Mod report published.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com