by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 04:38:17 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i5e Sebring - Mar 13: March 03, 2011
March 13, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000 - Sebring (GP) - iRacing Season 5 Endurance - @iRacing.com
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Led Best Retirement
reason
Incidents
Ste Jones
 Magma Motorsport
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 1 1:55.372
115.464mph
1 1:28:34.365
112.800mph
45 43 1:55.000
115.838mph
Michelin 1
GizMoTo
 Team RVS
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 3 +0.499
114.967mph
2 +43.848
111.877mph
45 2 1:56.525
114.322mph
Michelin 1
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 5 +0.888
114.582mph
3 +1:23.180
111.061mph
45   1:56.352
114.492mph
Michelin 13
Dimm
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#46) GT1 7 +1.205
114.271mph
4 +1:45.778
110.598mph
45   1:56.998
113.859mph
Michelin 8
Gazza49er
 Team Pseudo Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 2 +0.142
115.322mph
5 +1:46.424
110.585mph
45   1:56.511
114.335mph
Michelin 8
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 9 +28.524
92.576mph
6 +8L 37   2:24.072
92.463mph
Goodyear  
Raimo Piiksi
 Prodigy Racing
Ford Mustang FR500S (#43) GT3 10 +28.893
92.339mph
7 +9L 36   2:24.289
92.324mph
Goodyear 1
Adam Parle
 Legends Racing
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 11 +29.569
91.909mph
8 36   2:25.045
91.843mph
Goodyear 9
popabawa
 Legends Racing
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 12 +29.707
91.821mph
9 36   2:24.724
92.046mph
Goodyear 4
Jasper Groeneweg

Ford Mustang FR500S (#40) GT3 13 +29.946
91.670mph
10 36   2:25.104
91.805mph
Goodyear 13
IanBassi
 Phoenix Racing
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 16 +33.155
89.690mph
11 +10L 35   2:28.666
89.606mph
Goodyear 25
Mike Wrightson
 Team Shark
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 6 +1.084
114.389mph
12 +28L 17   1:56.726
114.125mph
Disco
Michelin 2
mr_oily
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 8 +1.620
113.865mph
13 17   1:56.688
114.162mph
Disco
Michelin 9
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 14 +31.604
90.636mph
14 +30L 15   2:26.201
91.116mph
Disco
Goodyear 4
Reign Man
 Team Pseudo Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 4 +0.852
114.618mph
15 +33L 12   1:56.628
114.221mph
Disco
Michelin 8
Robin Durrant
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 15 +32.123
90.317mph
16 +38L 7   2:27.427
90.359mph
Disco
Goodyear 4
Jamie Wilson
 FT-Ninecraft Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R (#36) GT1 17 17 +45L 0   ---
---
Disco
Michelin  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0

Lap 11

The different lines taken by the Mustangs cause confusion for the lapping Corvettes, and after a cautious pass, Reign Man spins in the hairpin and in avoiding Adam Parle hits Shark.

• Racing incident

Lap 13

Adam and Jasper are side by side going into the right hander, Jasper takes a compromised tight line but then drifts very wide on exit. It would have been wiser to remain on a tighter line as it is likely Adam is still in close proximity.

Reduced to caution - no penalty requested.

Lap 17/21

Iain does not provide a clear signal that a gap will be left but Simon commits to the corner. Rear end contact is made, however it is clear Simon is braking and it is not deliberate.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
iRacing
GT1
1:55.372
115.464mph
Ste Jones
Qualifying
Chevrolet Corvette C6-RMarch 13, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000
i5e
iRacing
GT1
1:55.000
115.838mph
Ste Jones
Race
Chevrolet Corvette C6-RMarch 13, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000
i5e
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing Season Five Endurance - Sebring International - Mar 13  (Read 13095 times)
Robin Durrant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 10:09:38 PM +0000 »

Thanks Jasper,

So do I! Got the season up and coming and need to be fit for it!

I still hate Sebring Smiley
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 10:19:39 PM +0000 »

I'll miss the race tonight, I don't feel well enough to make it to the end of an endurance. My eyes would probably esplode.

Sounds serious! Shocked wheelchair helpsmilie

Well I must one of the few who loves Sebring, especially in long races where a conservative approach pays dividends, avoiding the worst of the bumps and keeping things neat and tidy around the big old curbs.

I wasn't sure how much Jasper or Raimo were sandbagging in practice and I wasn't surprised to see Raimo get a lot closer in qualifying, but given a class pole and an inside line into turn 1 I was pretty confident, at least for the early laps. I caught myself out at the start and watched helpless as Raimo tucked neatly in front into turn 1... only to be shocked when he gave the place back straight away! You really didn't need to do that, mate, and I'd have had my only fight of the race retaking the place! laugh

So that put me back in the lead and the only remaining excitement I was going to have was worrying about whether or not to take tyres when I stopped. I originally planned not to, figuring that track position was more important than fresh rubber, but with a healthy 10 second lead just before half distance I changed my mind and changed my tyres, stopping a few laps ahead of my original plan just to cover the possibility that Raimo might pop in a few good laps on low fuel and then not change tyres himself.

As it turned out everyone else also changed rubber, though looking at my wear numbers (all better than 80%) I would've been fine to double stint them. When all the stops had shaken out I had an even more commanding lead, but kept pushing reasonably hard mostly to keep my concentration level up.

To top it off I finally got some really top notch doughnuts going after crossing the line. Grin

The championship now looks rather interesting going into the final round...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Raimo Piiksi

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 10:45:05 PM +0000 »

Great racing again guys

I got a really good run at the start, but with more than a car length head start at the start/finish line I called myself a jump start and gave the spot back to Dave. And with the speed of Dave today I would probably have run myself into the wall trying to stay ahead  Cheesy
After start and the first lappings of the Corvettes I had a very lonely race. Dave just inched steady away and I inch steady away form Adam. After a long period with difficulty to keep focused and small mistakes I suddenly saw Adam and Jasper only 5-7 sec behind. This luckily sharpend my senses again and I managed to hold off until finish.

And yes I saw gap at 1 - 1.5 sec between Adam and Jasper for lots of laps..must have been a great battle guys Cheesy
Ste Jones

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 12:42:16 AM +0000 »

Relatively straight-forward race for me really, although I wouldn't say it was easy. I'm still suffering the after-effects of a cold and even during practice I was working up a sweat, by lap 10 in the race I was dripping with it! Trying to keep concentration was the hardest thing and I somehow survived a few 'rather be lucky than good' moments during the race Smiley

I used a bit of cunning in qualifying and managed to get myself a clear lap, although not error free, but it was still enough for pole. As it happened it seemed everyone gave up early, so I may as well have waited for the last five minutes when no one was on track anyway! For the race, my plan was to try and push as hard as possible for about the first five or six laps and then try and consolidate on that. For once, the plan actually came together and worked out pretty much as intended.

I still managed to have a few scary moments. The first time we lapped the Mustangs I almost caught myself out at Cunningham with the closing speed, I changed down too many gears and just about scrabbled round the corner all over the kerb. A few laps later I had a straight on moment at Tower, then on lap 15 I had the biggest opposite lock moment that I've ever saved at Sunset. Sometimes luck really just is on your side

Congrats to Ian and Shark and Dave, Raimo and Adam for getting the other podium spots. With the small field and a long lap it was getting quite lonely at times, so I was amusing myself watching the Mustang battle on F3, trying not to disturb them too much when I lapped them! There was also Gazza chasing down Dimm for fourth spot overall too. It was a bit weird 'spectating' other battles while I'm trying to race too Grin

As I said before, I'm really not sure if I can make Spa. I'm away that week and although I'll be back on the Sunday I've got no idea what time it will be. Hopefully I'll make it. Either way though, it's been a fun season Cool
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 08:36:08 AM +0000 »

That was excellent fun Grin

With Adam, Jasper and I so close in qually it was shaping up to be a decent scrap.

I was really annoyed with myself to get mugged by Robin at the start, I then lost a big chunk of time behind him as he was clearly stuggling but I couldn't find a way past until he span off.

I gradually pulled back on the Adam/Jasper scrap, picked up a place when Jasper went off and was right behind Adam when I had the accidental coming together with Simon. I have to admit a big chunk of misjudgement on my part, I left a gap then decided Simon was too far back and closed the gap again...  Embarrassed

Luckily I was able to catch the ensuing slide and get back on track pretty quickly. That left me about 5-6 seconds behind Adam at the stop. I'm not sure what happened with the pit-stop... I assume I had some damage after the contact with Simon but although the pit clock kept ticking although it didn't say it was repairing any damage Huh Usually a tyre/fuel stop takes around 12s, when the clock hit 20s I got back on the gas and it let me go. Dunno if anyone else noticed anything odd?

The long stop allowed Jasper to jump back in front of me and I had an enormously frustrating second half of the race making too many mistakes to really make an impact on Adam/Jasper in front.

Luckily Jasper gifted me 4th place right at the end and the laps ran out before I could get close to Adam.

Grats to Dave / Raimo and Adam on the podiums, super drives by you guys  Cool

Great driving by the Corvette's, thanks guys.

Legends Racing simracing team
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 08:43:01 AM +0000 »

Sorry to hear you guys had disco's, I noticed you dropped at the same time Sad

I wonder if there was some internet oddness between us and the iRacing servers last night? My Latency ('L' bar) sat just in the orange zone for the entire race, I've never seen that before Huh

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 08:44:32 AM +0000 »

Was ok on Virgin Media cable last night in the Harlow region, so I guess it was restricted to either a different area or ADSL or a specific ISP?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 09:35:34 AM +0000 »

although it didn't say it was repairing any damage Huh Usually a tyre/fuel stop takes around 12s, when the clock hit 20s I got back on the gas and it let me go. Dunno if anyone else noticed anything odd?

I thought my stop felt very slow too - though I could see the car moving around as they changed the tyres. I wonder if in the process of changing the damage model they've changed the normal stop procedure. Huh

Was ok on Virgin Media cable last night in the Harlow region, so I guess it was restricted to either a different area or ADSL or a specific ISP?

My ADSL connection was fine all through last night.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 09:44:56 AM +0000 »

After the last update I had a good test of the damage model. It was offline but (undamaged) pitstops took exactly the same amount of time (about 12s). Any 'proper' damage repair required would be accompanied by a "optional repairs" message which I definitely didn't see last night.

Because we had one 'fast repair/tow' turned on, according to the release notes, this should have repaired everything immediately anyway prior to changing the tyres and refuelling Huh

Gazza49er

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 09:54:53 AM +0000 »

:'( :'(   Yet again i throw away a good position!

Becoming a bit of a habit this, good pace all weekend, good qualy and then muck it all up in the race. Was banging in high 55's low 56's all weekend no problem so was quite pleased come race only to have problems right away. For some reason i kept locking up the brakes in the early laps which eventually made me spin and put me at the back of the Vettes, I had more problems braking at this track then any of the previous ones  Huh

Even trying to catch up i couldn't get my normal times and was not really catching until i think the cars ahead had issues and was able to get on the back of James and Dimm. They swapped position a few times and eventually i had a go at getting past James which didn't really go to plan Lips Sealed

Lost a bit of time there and had a big gap to Dimm but i think i had some damage as it didn't feel quite right but still managed to get very close with a couple of laps but traffic put pay to any chance of getting him.

Grats to Steve and all other podiums.

UKGTR - SEASON 9 - GTC Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 10 - GT2 Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 11 - GT1 Champion
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:01 AM +0000 »

I had more problems braking at this track then any of the previous ones  Huh

That's the bumps for yer.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 11:37:41 AM +0000 »

Because we had one 'fast repair/tow' turned on, according to the release notes, this should have repaired everything immediately anyway prior to changing the tyres and refuelling Huh

Hmm, so it uses your "fast repair" even if you don't want it to? Perhaps you have minor damage you're happy to carry on with, but later you crash into the wall heavily. If it automatically uses your fast repair for the minor damage during a pit stop then you have lost your chance to use the fast repair for heavy damage later on.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 11:47:23 AM +0000 »

Hmm, so it uses your "fast repair" even if you don't want it to? Perhaps you have minor damage you're happy to carry on with, but later you crash into the wall heavily. If it automatically uses your fast repair for the minor damage during a pit stop then you have lost your chance to use the fast repair for heavy damage later on.

Yes, that's how it's worded although after last night I'm not 100% convinced it worked like that in practice Cheesy

Remember though we're having to keep the fast tow/repair on for the Corvettes, once damage repair is enabled for all cars it won't be an issue as we'll probably tiurn off the fast tow/repair.

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 01:23:46 PM +0000 »

Summary on that one - fun while it lasted!

Didn't get much time to practice before Sunday and it wasn't until about 3pm I sat down to start getting my eye in. Bit of a rookie mistake but I practiced solidly up until the race and to be honest, think i probably overdid it. Always practice, leave for a bit and then practice again!

Felt I had a good pace in practice anyway, mid 55's quite doable on low fuel but took the decision to run on full tanks in qually in favour of not punching above my weight and ending up defending hard in the opening stages. On reflection that was quite a dumb move - instead of being a couple of spots off where I thought I could be I was at the back of the pack with my team mate along side which is never pleasant (nothing personal Dimm Wink).

After an initial scrap where we could quite easily have binned it, I spent the opening part of the race just trying not to force the matter with Dimm - the rest of the pack were still in touch just about so it made sense to conserve tyres and find a rhythm and hope traffic would give me the opportunity to take the position without anyone needing to change underwear.

Aside from a brief scuffle with what I'm guessing was a damaged Reign Man (sorry for the slide wide mate!) and some interesting moments in traffic that was about it until as Gary mentioned, we had a little coming together around lap 16'ish. The second example of really poor collision detection in that race - we should have both made it out without issue but the iRacing Gods took it upon themselves to fire me around the front of Gazza's car and into the tyre barrier (honest!).

I did a fast tow but 2:30 down and with the prospect of potentially ruining a Stang driver's race I pulled it back into the pits. Seconds later I was disco'd so perhaps that would have happened anyway who knows.

Not a good outing points wise but I absolutely loved the balance of the Vette around here - a few clicks back on the brake bias from the fixed setup and it felt perfectly set up. Any "moments" weren't really surprises as they often are for me in iR, perhaps the odd snatched wheel but overall it felt surprisingly hooked up.

Anyway grats to Steve - is there any chance of a replay of that .55 dead lap - have to see the pedal movement! Awesome pace mate, I take hat off. Grats to Ian and Simon too, not forgetting Raimo for another solid finish in the Stangs - such a shame you didn't make it Dario!

Oh yeah - Karsten, I'll be expecting you back at Spa son - no excuses!

Just a quick couple of reminders...

a) please report all incidents you've been involved in - we've all been a bit relaxed with this but it really helps moderation so would be appreciated

b) it's mandatory you all attend the iRoC event this Sunday  Grin

Adam Parle
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:13 AM +0000 »

Just to echo what Oily has said - please do report incidents you were involved in.  You don't need to be looking for a penalty to report things, but moderation of the incidents will lead to an increase in the overall drivign standards.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: