by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 10:22:45 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Austin Healy Challenge: November 25, 2005
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Austin Healy Challenge - Nov 25  (Read 3850 times)
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 11:09:28 PM +0000 »

The funniest moment being Paul's flashing lights overtaking manoeuvre and the fact it actually worked.
Lol m8- I wish I could say I actually intended that! The left and right hat switches fire on and off really rapidly when I use them. Have the HUD and lights mapped to them and it means I have to hammer away a few times before it actually sticks. Must get that delay thingy assigned to them soon  Grin

Totally agree Zacari- I haven't tried them all yet but, for me, it's the most sideways car in GTL so far  Cool

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
petestenning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 06:50:10 AM +0000 »

Thoroughly enjoyed the foray, yes single make is great. in GTR i was last usually and all alone , but last night was in a fight with other cars most of the time.
Like some of you i had 5 mins in the car prior to the start of practice and had rarely raced on that track.
4 secs off of Leuv s pace but still a 2.09 was a good starting point.

Got too many penaltys for alleged corner cutting, the last was when i ran wide going too deep into a corner . then forgot rev limiter in the pits and got another . so now being last by miles i left as i was tired from work but it did bring a smile to my face.

Grin Smiley
Overall great car to drive the Healey and produces closer racing in one make form.

Pete  " Poacher " in lobby

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 08:22:02 AM +0000 »

Replay from last night's race is here

Was fun, I had driven the Healy at the Spa endurance race we did but I'd not driven the full GP track until last night. Was a good race, I was not quick enough to keep up with the guys infront of me but everything I made a mistake there was Aagramn back on my rear bumper. Brakaing for the hairpin was very unnerving, I seemed to have to brake much earlier and was losing a stack of time there. May have been the concertena effect but it didn't feel that way  Shocked

I had the stationary Leuven too ! Have to see what the replay shows. May have been Shark on the server as VNC can steal upto 30% of the CPU, but if this is the case when we were probably down to 10 runners doesn't bode well for large grids. We will see, roll on the patch.

silver53

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 09:10:59 AM +0000 »

hi guys sorry if i was a bit wild but it took me back to 1984. trouble was we were on very big sticky slicks and these iron tyres are nothing like i was used to for real. hope i did not upset to many drivers.car sounds a bit flat but may still be on su carbs. on triple webbers they are really noisey. the cam in the from special tuning if it was a works car would have pulled from about 2500 to 5800. i think the power should drop off alot after this as the engine actually was from a small lorry and was not very sophisticated. the older healys were a bit more like the mga with a lighter engine. bye for now gerald
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 09:35:04 AM +0000 »

car sounds a bit flat but may still be on su carbs. on triple webbers they are really noisey.

They're probably subject to onerous noise restrictions these days. Roll Eyes

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Rich_A

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 12:30:47 PM +0000 »

My dad built an mga mk2, was a great little car.. 

An ok race, damn good start from the front runners. I seemed to fall back a little and then kept same distance with two drivers behind keeping pace about 1000 meters behind - great atmosphere. Saw one or two stationary cars but no lag.

petestenning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 02:13:26 PM +0000 »

Glad to hear that as i would not have been suprised if i had lag, the hairpin is a bit hairy i was braking early as i had gone very wide in praccy and did not want to ruin anyone elses race. heres to sideways motoring again  Grin

Pete
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com