The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 08:49:26 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Still supporting it after all this time!  (Read 4299 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:59:58 PM +0000 »

They are going to release even more content! Sadly you have to pay for it Sad

Does this mean they are delaying GTR3 Embarrassed

http://www.virtualr.net/race07-five-expansion-packs-announced/

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:31 PM +0000 »

Hm, it's going in the direction of iR. Sad I'm not putting any more money into it unless it's really good and playable here. Lips Sealed
That said, even if it will have payable content I feel I will be able to play it with more joy then said iR. angel
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:40:19 PM +0000 »

Some of the add on content has been good so far. The STCC game brought some great tracks and a couple of decent cars (the Lada for instance  Wink  Cheesy). Race On's Formula Masters is also worth having. Mind you, I've just spent the afternoon blasting around Silverstone88 in Mansell's Williams (F1 1988 mod) and it blows the Formula Masters out of the water imho.

I'm surprised they're spending any time on this, but there again it could be their way of keeping Simbin in the spotlight while development continues on GTR3.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:00:38 PM +0000 »

crikey! must have been a 'wake up and smell the coffee' moment for simbin !  Perhaps they finally took a look around some of the forums and saw there is still big interest in racing! The RD servers are always packed out for touring car action and ive seen several other servers online with full capacity on various nights.
Its only you lot that wont grasp the nettles  Wink This forum will soon have more ai drivers than real ones  laugh

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 08:42:47 PM +0000 »

Quality not quantity

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
jpv

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 04:19:31 PM +0000 »

The first expansion is now available free at RaceRoom, just need to register there and you'll get a code to pop into Steam. Includes the Formula Raceroom F1 car and a new Hockenheim with 3 variants. Found the car uncontrollable but that's probly just my lack of skill. Grin The track looks great however.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 06:59:32 PM +0100 »

http://www.virtualr.net/gt-power-pack-expansion-for-race07-announced/

Now this sounds interesting, Zonda R, Ford GT, BMW M3 GT ( i assume is the current one) plus mid ohio and a random ukrainian track. For just €4.99 i'm tempted.

lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 07:20:04 PM +0100 »

....because of all the great touring car races we've had recently I've decided to buy STCC The Game 2 expansion...haven't managed to have a drive yet though.
For just €4.99 i'm tempted.
Has to be worth a punt?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 07:37:06 PM +0100 »

i was thinking the same thing Laz, for that price it seems rude not to. You get some spangly new touring cars to play with and another new track i think. Maybe it would generate new interest here too with new cars and close racing. I still see 50+ drivers lined up for TC events over at RD and online lobby so it must be flipping popular !  Tongue

And great spot spanner! I'll definitely be buying that GT power pack  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 08:01:19 PM +0100 »

....because of all the great touring car races we've had recently I've decided to buy STCC The Game 2 expansion...haven't managed to have a drive yet though.
For just €4.99 i'm tempted.
Has to be worth a punt?

says 9.99 euros on raceroom  Huh

am downloading the free update with Formula RR single seaters, US muscle cars and 3layouts of Hockenheim  Smiley That'll do for starters.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 09:58:46 PM +0100 »

The GT pack isnt out yet and the press release on it from raceroom says 4.99 as well

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 07:31:01 AM +0100 »

The GT pack isnt out yet and the press release on it from raceroom says 4.99 as well

The email I got yesterday says €4.99 too.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 07:44:06 AM +0100 »

The email I got yesterday says €4.99 too.

hmm, i never got an email offering it for that price, i just found their stcc2 on raceroom and it listed as 9.99euros. Perhaps they know my normal view on racing a volvo  Grin

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 08:34:57 AM +0100 »

They are different car packs MJ! The stcc2 pack is out now for £8.99 on steam but the GT pack is out next week.

Lazlow was on trying them out last night. Good variety of cars but can we assume everyone is going to get it?

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 09:39:43 AM +0100 »

Bought STCC2 yesterday, will try it out today. Smiley Makes no sense to me to buy some but not others. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com