by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:00:58 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i5s Silverstone: March 08, 2011
March 08, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000 - Silverstone (GP 2000-09) - iRacing Season 5 Sportscar Challenge - @iRacing.com
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Led Best Retirement
reason
Incidents
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 3 +1.231
111.638mph
1 59:21.296
109.774mph
34 8 1:43.411
111.189mph
Dunlop  
Paul Thurston
 Epicurie Banana
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 4 +1.267
111.599mph
2 +2.993
109.682mph
34   1:43.417
111.183mph
Dunlop 1
Mike Wrightson
 Team Shark
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 5 +1.801
111.024mph
3 +12.465
109.391mph
34 4 1:43.468
111.128mph
Dunlop 1
GizMoTo
 Team RVS
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 7 4 +55.886
108.078mph
34   1:44.453
110.080mph
Dunlop 1
Burtoner
 Team Shark
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 6 +3.843
108.877mph
5 +2L 32   1:45.877
108.599mph
Dunlop 23
Fred Basset
 Epicurie Banana
Radical SR8 (#36) {unknown} 2 +1.027
111.860mph
6 +8L 26 22 1:43.204
111.412mph
Disco
Dunlop 2
Brendan
 Kerb Crawlers
Pontiac Riley MkXX (#36) Daytona Proto 1 1:41.764
112.989mph
7 +34L 0   ---
---
Disco
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
iRacing
{unknown}
1:42.791
111.860mph
Fred Basset
Qualifying
Radical SR8March 08, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000
i5s
iRacing
{unknown}
1:43.204
111.412mph
Fred Basset
Race
Radical SR8March 08, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000
i5s
iRacing
Daytona Proto
1:41.764
112.989mph
Brendan
Qualifying
Pontiac Riley MkXXMarch 08, 2011, 06:00:00 PM +0000
i5s
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing Season 5 Sportscar Challenge - Silverstone (GP 2000-09) - Mar 8  (Read 12086 times)
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 10:48:32 PM +0000 »

Yes I had a leisurely stop Dave, just not making any mistakes.

The B3 revision boards are slowly creeping out.

I'm a bit baffled by my machine, its passing Intel Burn test and its not the graphics card. Hmmn, I'm having a run of things going wrong which is not pleasing me at all Sad

Well done on the win anyway, you had good pace considering you were in the wrong car.

Its going to be tough to beat Mike for the Rad title now, tough but worth a try Cheesy

Gary
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 11:07:15 PM +0000 »

...............The moral is , never retire from a session near its end. If it's not ready to rejoin, withdrawing won't help... (you can try restarting the iRacing Windows service but in my experience you just have to wait).............

Noted, cheers.
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 07:13:07 AM +0000 »

...............The moral is , never retire from a session near its end. If it's not ready to rejoin, withdrawing won't help... (you can try restarting the iRacing Windows service but in my experience you just have to wait).............

Noted, cheers.
Anyway, you still won the DP race. Wink
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 07:26:00 AM +0000 »

Like Mike I'm not Silverstone's greatest fan, it's not a track that suits my style.  I'd been working fairly hard on the Historic circuit last week for the official series though so had a head start.

I couldn't quite get it together in qually for a 42 and that ultimately cost me.  At the start I managed to get a little gap to Mike but Dave was inexorably pulling away.  Gary's pace I already knew about so left him to get on with it.

When Dave came in early I knew I had to push to get past but again I failed to turn realisation into reality and he came out behind him.  That annoyed me and I started to go quicker and was catching him.  I had one eye on Mike though who was now pulling away on low fuel.  In the end though I just managed to keep him behind when he came out, though he was much closer.

I continued to catch Dave and edged a few extra tenths on Mike but just as I was getting close we had to lap Rob and I lost a couple of seconds.  I continued to push but unless Dave did something stupid I wasn't going to catch him then.  When I saw Mike had dropped back for some reason I eased off a little,

Despite the low turnout that was a very intense race as Dave, Mike and I were all on exactly the same pace.  The only difference at each phase was the fuel level.

When I saw Gary in the wall I guessed what had happened.  That puts me on top of the radical championship for now but the dropped score will hurt me.  I need to win at least one of the last two to have a chance I think and in this company that's a tall order.

Well done to Dave and Mike who both drove superbly.  Bad luck to Brendan and Gary.  With the grids we're getting we really don't need disconnections.

Paul
Smiley
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 09:55:33 AM +0000 »

When Dave came in early I knew I had to push to get past but again I failed to turn realisation into reality and he came out behind him.

I must be recursive. laugh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:43 AM +0000 »

When Dave came in early I knew I had to push to get past but again I failed to turn realisation into reality and he came out behind him.

I must be recursive. laugh
It rather depends on what actually came out.  Tongue
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 12:22:06 PM +0000 »

Anyway, you still won the DP race. Wink

The pessimist in me would say I came last  Cheesy

As I didn't turn a wheel in the race, should I even be allowed to score championship points?
GizMoTo

Team TFR

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 01:39:32 PM +0000 »

what a night Undecided not been well for a few days some bug or something  but decided i would run the race even feeling so crap thought it might buck me up  Roll Eyes

practice time I couldn't concentrate for most of it couldn't keep the darn car on the track  Roll Eyes then the last 10 mins things came together and I not only could keep it on track but I was keeping a steady pace and lap times where coming down Grin
saw it was nearly qually time so went for a bathroom break so as ready for the race, no sooner did I get into the bathroom I felt horribly sick {not had much to eat for a few days and had only had some dry toast all day Undecided} but sick I was   Sad

finally got back to my driving seat with 30 seconds left of qualifying  Shocked so that was my qually time Roll Eyes Roll Eyes wouldn't have been any further up the grid than i was anyway so no biggy  Grin Grin Grin

rolling start lap  I was still feeling "queezy" and debating on if to give up and pull out but decided to stick in there to give everybody a rolling chicane later in the race to make things a little more exiting with so few drivers on the track Wink
race start  didn't push it thought I would take a couple laps to see how I was feeling, within 2 or 3 corners I found out as I went spinning off like a spinning top  Shocked  not got a clue what happened must have touched a curb  Roll Eyes this put me way off the "pack" so settled down to just running the 34 laps on my own and use it as a learn the car a bit more session and it worked  as the race went on I found I was handling the car better each lap ........trying different lines ,{some not very successful  Roll Eyes}  by the latter stages I was getting quite consistent times so all in all it turned out to be a good session for me learning wise  Wink

after race had to dash off feeling sick again  Roll Eyes

is a real pity the numbers are dropping off like they are  i near dropped the series early on but am glad i continued as it's got me to learn the radical a bit to the  point I may run some official races in it next season

anyway catch whoever is left for the next race  Wink

laters Ian
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 01:52:47 PM +0000 »

is a real pity the numbers are dropping off like they are  i near dropped the series early on but am glad i continued as it's got me to learn the radical a bit to the  point I may run some official races in it next season
Why wait till next season?  This week the official series is running Infineon Long which is SRO's next venue as well.  There are some decent grids on Saturdays and a final race in Sunday evening at 9 which gets well attended.

Paul
Smiley
Paul Thurston
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:13 PM +0000 »

As I didn't turn a wheel in the race, should I even be allowed to score championship points?
You made the effort and turned up.  You had a problem which wasn't your fault.

Paul
Smiley
GizMoTo

Team TFR

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 02:18:18 PM +0000 »

Why wait till next season?  This week the official series is running Infineon Long which is SRO's next venue as well.  There are some decent grids on Saturdays and a final race in Sunday evening at 9 which gets well attended.

Paul
Smiley
cos I will be in the race in the Vette Wink and due to the lack of race days in the series I only have the time to concentrate on one of the cars, ideally I would like to run both cars and would IF the series was raced every day as it is  my slots are limited to mainly Thursday and occasionally Saturday,

Tuesday is taken up racing with you guys which I ain't dropping Wink
Wednesday it's not run
Thursday normally there are 2 time slots that are decent turnout races, 8 and 10, it's to tiring to run 2 races back to back so I run the Vette in one of those time slots,
Friday it's not run
Saturday I try and keep from racing as it's real life day apart from practising for Sundays race Wink I only race IF for some reason I can't finish/run a race on Thursday
Sunday is race with you guys again in the Endurance and now the Race of Champs series
Monday it's not run

next official season I may drop the Vette altogether fixed and mixed {I've run it for the last 4 or 5 seasons,}  and find a series that's run every day  so I'm not so limited and can pick when to race more often and maybe run the odd mixed class with the Radical just for fun
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 03:42:45 PM +0000 »

I thought you didn't score points unless you did at least one lap, otherwise people could just turn up, not bother racing and still get points (when fields are small, or multiclass racing when each class has more points scoring positions than the match the number of people racing in that class).

Guess that must have changed since the old days.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 05:08:11 PM +0000 »

I thought you didn't score points unless you did at least one lap, otherwise people could just turn up, not bother racing and still get points (when fields are small, or multiclass racing when each class has more points scoring positions than the match the number of people racing in that class).

iRacing's exports don't show the difference between DNS and DNF. I raised the point again in Tony Gardner's thread from earlier this week about what else they could do to help league racing, but I'm not holding my breath...

I did a little work a few weeks ago on extracting more data from the iRacing results page through various devious means, but it's a brittle interface at best and each new build has me hunting around in the page sources for changed or moved data. Roll Eyes

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Fred Basset
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 08:42:11 PM +0000 »

I'm waiting till they can assure me I can get a SandyBridge board that doesn't slow cook its own SATA controllers. clown

There are plenty of B3 revisions out there now but to be safe I bought SATA3 disks to go with it.

My cpu will no longer take an overclock, it will pass burn test at stock but it won't if I push it much, shame its been a good chip, low temps and volts. Oh well, new stuff arrives tomorrow.

Regards
Gary
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 08:57:59 PM +0000 »

Where was everyone this race?

When Brendan didnt join, and some others quit, guess only thing to do was troll around and just pickup points, even if it was nearly last. Race was very dull and boring lol

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: