by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 02:27:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: i6e (was Re: iRacing Season Five Endurance - Spa-Francorchamps - Mar 27)  (Read 4056 times)
Adam Parle
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:03:38 PM +0100 »

My only suggestion for next season is that I would like to see qualifying going up to 30 minutes and practice going down to 45 minutes. It would stop the desperate frenzied approach people are having in mixed class fields to set a decent time in the tiny qualifying session of 15 minutes. Other than that, the longer the races the better. Wink

I'll take it onboard.
JazzGreenway
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:45:51 PM +0100 »

Why is the C6 being dropped in favor of the Riley? I was looking forward to driving the C6R next season for a change but now I'm not so sure, I don't really like the Riley at all and I've been driving the Mustang now for ages... Sad
Adam Parle
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:46:35 PM +0100 »

Why is the C6 being dropped in favor of the Riley? I was looking forward to driving the C6R next season for a change but now I'm not so sure, I don't really like the Riley at all and I've been driving the Mustang now for ages... Sad

Sorry Jasper Sad.  It's been dropped to allow the series to dovetail in with the Grand Am format at iRacing, in the hope that more people will be tempted to come and race with us. The Corvette's not been universally popular, although I know some are dissapointed to see it go.  Had the Vette stayed there would be people asking why it hadn't gone ... it's just one of those things.  Overall, I think the move to the Riley will bring in more drivers - which appears to be something that's needed given the decline in attendance in the second half of the season.

Ideally I'd like 50 people in attendance and to run 3 classes .... one can dream Cheesy.
TT-Beta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:38:39 AM +0100 »

Ideally I'd like 50 people in attendance and to run 3 classes .... one can dream Cheesy.

Add the MX5 too  Wink
JazzGreenway
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:53:06 AM +0100 »

It's been dropped to allow the series to dovetail in with the Grand Am format at iRacing...

Hmm well ok, I won't start a discussion but I hope you're right, at least you can drop the reset since both cars will have repairs. Guess I'll try the Riley then, because I do love racing with you guys Kiss
Out of curiosity, what are the complaints with the C6R? I was under the impression it had benefitted greatly from the tire damping update.
BorchersDK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:17:58 AM +0100 »

Not that I want to argue your choice Adam, I just want it of my cheast, cause I too am only interested in having the biggest fields possible. I think a combo that would give the biggest interest, would be something like MX5 and Mustang. Its two very popular cars, they are roughly 5 seconds apart, and they are both fairly easy access for everybody, meaning you can jump in and go with a baseline setup. Granted they are not fast, they dont have a 'big' name behind them, but the fast cars in iRacing have a tendense to scare people of, once they have tried it a few times. They are beasts, and hard to master/go somewhat fast in. Requires quite a lot of practise. Mustang and MX5 are almost jump in a and go type of cars, and very fun too.

Maybe it would be an option for a sister series, running the Mustang and MX5?
Adam Parle
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 12:26:40 PM +0100 »

I'm sure I've been in a Stang v MX5 race and the gap between them was a little too small. Also they are much quicker in different parts of the track which can be a real cause for frustration.

On top of that we're probably running too many iracing series as it is ... although I'd love for the attendance figures to prove me wrong.
BorchersDK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 12:41:50 PM +0100 »

Agree.
Another thing I was thinking was, for all the series run under SROUK, that they all used the same schedule. So a given 14 day period was dedicated a given track. That could make it easier for people to enter the different series, cause they are already warmed up on the given track.
And then have less changes in track selection between the seasons, so carry over 6 out of 8 tracks, and introduce 2 new. And if many of the cars are the same, many drivers would already have a setup and knowledge, and this could be shared already at the start of the 14 day period. Just to make it all a little easier and less time consuming for the individual drivers, and also new entries, cause they can lean on the experience of the league, in terms of setups etc.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:45:11 PM +0100 by BorchersDK » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 12:43:35 PM +0100 »

I'm sure I've been in a Stang v MX5 race and the gap between them was a little too small. Also they are much quicker in different parts of the track which can be a real cause for frustration.

Yeah - much like the MX-5 and Jetta, it can be really difficult for slow Jetta drivers and fast MX-5 peddlers. You need a gap of 10 or more seconds a lap for multiclass (rather than multicar) races.

Another thing I was thinking was, for all the series run under SROUK, that they all used the same schedule. So a given 14 day period was dedicated a given track. That could make it easier for people to enter the different series, cause they are already warmed up on the given track.

We used to do that and people complained that they were getting bored with the same track all the time. Roll Eyes

To finish first, first you must have fins.
BorchersDK

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:48:18 PM +0100 »

Hehe ok. Sometimes the world is rather big. When I was running the Danish GPL league (DGPLS) some years ago, there would be a giant uproar if I was to swap to many of the GPL original tracks with addon tracks. We basicly ran 70% of the org GPL tracks in 5-6 seasons Smiley.

I might just add, that I personally dont care how many cars and track we jump around between. I like the challenge, and adjust myself pretty quick. And Im reusing setups anyway. A season is one long setup development period for me. Once the car is set up like I like it to drive, it shouldnt really change much between tracks. Maybe some gearing and damper work, depending on track, but nothing major.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:52:05 PM +0100 by BorchersDK » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 01:14:12 PM +0100 »

I think in iRacing we don't really have such a problem for most people with track selection because there are so few tracks available compared to all the third party tracks in GPL and in the ISI-based sims - especially as most of us know most of the tracks pretty well from previous sims.

I'm still waiting for an event to be organized at the centripetal circuit. laugh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
JazzGreenway
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 08:22:48 PM +0100 »

I'm still waiting for an event to be organized at the centripetal circuit. laugh

I think it only has one pit stall... otherwise you would see demo derbys there 24/7 Grin Let's hope they get that sorted out soon!
BorchersDK

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 07:56:51 PM +0100 »

Here is another one. With what seems like being a very short entrylist, maybe it was an idea to split it up.
- Riley Sunday (run one sunday)
- Mustang Sunday (run the other sunday)
- Same tracks
- 60 min races, perhaps with mandatory pitstop. I think both cars can run past the hour on fuel?
- In the end there will be a Riley Champion, a Mustang Champion, and an overall champion.
Stocky

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 05:53:41 AM +0100 »

Hey guys I'm looking for a team to drive with this new season. If you wanna see my stats logon to Iracing membersite and search for my name Thomas Stockmans. Thank you.
Adam Parle
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 08:31:54 AM +0100 »

Hiya Thomas, welcome to SRouk.  Some impressive numbers posted on iR - hopefully you'll find a couple of guys to race with, we've a good spread of ability here.

Look forward to seeing you on track at Spa.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: