The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 12:12:16 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: RFactor2  (Read 37268 times)
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2012, 11:11:10 PM +0000 »

I can't remember exactly when these features made it into iR, but from memory tyres wore out very early on (from the start?).

Nope. First tires didn't wore out, they were loosing grip when overheating(just like in GPL). I can't tell you for how long it was like that, but it was for quite a while Wink

I stand by what I said earlier - to suggest that 'At that time NR 2003 was more advanced sim than iR and only thing that was really impressive were the tracks.' is simply untrue, and basing that comment on what other people say rather than personal experience doesn't really hold much weight for me.

There are still features that were in NR2003 and iR don't have it. For example: in NR2003 you could set up exact weather for the race(temp. wind direction and speed).

I do think that iR is a great sim, but it still lacks many features that are standard in other titles.

Kerr

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:22 AM +0000 »

I can't remember not having tyre wear. I seem to think it's been there since I joined back at the start.

If it was not, it must have come very shortly afterwards.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:14 AM +0000 »

I can't remember not having tyre wear. I seem to think it's been there since I joined back at the start.

If it was not, it must have come very shortly afterwards.

I vividly remember getting blown front tyres on the skippy locking them up into the final hairpin at infineon, so it was definitely very early if not from the start. I only really raced in the first 2-3 months after  it went live anyway.

I do think that iR is a great sim, but it still lacks many features that are standard in other titles.

If you'd said that at the start I would have agreed with you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:49:22 AM +0000 by Paul968 » Logged
Darren Seal
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 09:48:21 AM +0000 »

Tyre wear was in iRacing from the start.   I was always suffering from front tyre blow outs, especially in the Radical.  I had huge problems with lock ups with my G25 pedals until I upgraded to a Leo Bodnar USB box.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2012, 01:07:44 AM +0000 »

Right. Put a new graphics card in and the game is transformed. The sound issues have gone away so were frame rate related. Very driveable and I discovered the FOV thing (thanks Goldtop Wink ).

Quite impressed and I may re-subscribe but without the lifetime sub.

Is there a manual anywhere though because:
a) I can't see how to set my name (there are some ideas on the RFactor forums but they don't work for me)
b) If I crash, can I reset?
c) If auto recovery from a spin is on I can't see how to restart the engine (waiting seems to do it)
d) I can't get a proper HUD. I want to see speed and current gear and some tyre info would be nice

Sorry to ask newbie questions but I never saw RFactor 1.

Thanks.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2012, 06:27:56 AM +0000 »

I can remamber that at Simracing.pl there was big discussion about iR and many times somebody was mentioning that tires don't wore out.

a) I can't see how to set my name (there are some ideas on the RFactor forums but they don't work for me)
c) If auto recovery from a spin is on I can't see how to restart the engine (waiting seems to do it)
d) I can't get a proper HUD. I want to see speed and current gear and some tyre info would be nice

a) I can't help you, because I have the same problem
b) I don't think so
c) Yes you can. You just need to go to set a button to do that in controls settings
d) Same thing, go to the Setting/Controls and you'll find a proper option there Wink You can also go to Customize and change the style of HUD display

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2012, 09:39:09 AM +0000 »

Welcome to rF2 Paul  Smiley
For Hud info default keys are the numbers on top of keyboard:

0 vote NO online
1 Vote Yes online
2 Ping info to server
3 Mirror On/Off
4 Other cars relative position bar On/Off
5 Tachometer and Rpm On/Off
6 LCD menu info On/Off (Enter to scroll between screen)
As said by Bart you can customize the keys/controller buttons in Settings\Controller
Online you depend by the server settings about reset the car on your leg, driving helps and damage level. Anyway you can't reset on track and get a new car as GPL. Offline you can set all you want by yourself.
Ciao

Right. Put a new graphics card in and the game is transformed. The sound issues have gone away so were frame rate related. Very driveable and I discovered the FOV thing (thanks Goldtop Wink ).

Quite impressed and I may re-subscribe but without the lifetime sub.

Is there a manual anywhere though because:

Sorry to ask newbie questions but I never saw RFactor 1.

Thanks.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2012, 10:37:51 AM +0000 »

Thanks boys.

Tough gig online then. Monte Carlo and Spa are very nice for the 60's cars and the Renault Megane is different Wink

Be nice to get a few new tracks though...

Not sure whether to sign up again or wait for the full release. I can still race offline even though I now have no license.

Reasonably impressed with it but I don't get the same 'feel' as I do in GPL. Different learning curve I guess.

Monaco in the wet is gorgeous but it does rain in the tunnel and the chicane is impossible... are the pits on the road side like GPL? Got D'Qed yesterday but I couldn't find the pits Cheesy

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 10:57:03 AM +0000 »

Paul  haven't the Purchase tab on the launcher no more?
Monaco pits are like in GPL, but you have to press Pit Request before the end of the lap (9 default key I think) to see your pit crew.
To race on all tracks available with all the cars there is a Virtual Mod here:
http://www.f1elites.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3619

Ciao
Thanks boys.

Tough gig online then. Monte Carlo and Spa are very nice for the 60's cars and the Renault Megane is different Wink

Be nice to get a few new tracks though...

Not sure whether to sign up again or wait for the full release. I can still race offline even though I now have no license.

Reasonably impressed with it but I don't get the same 'feel' as I do in GPL. Different learning curve I guess.

Monaco in the wet is gorgeous but it does rain in the tunnel and the chicane is impossible... are the pits on the road side like GPL? Got D'Qed yesterday but I couldn't find the pits Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:59:01 AM +0000 by fpolicardi » Logged

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2012, 11:00:31 AM +0000 »

Thanks boys.

Sign up again? You've paid for access to the beta and the full game havent you, or have you been given free acces to the Beta only? There is no subscription.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2012, 05:07:35 PM +0000 »

Well - I paid for the lifetime subscription and after about ten hours of major frustration decided to request a refund. I have the full refund but I can still run the beta offline. I would like to test it online though. But for a cheap way to get rFactor, it is pretty good Wink

@FP - Tx. I'll investigate.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2012, 07:49:55 AM +0000 »

Interesting read, I've been looking forward to RF2 for ages, so hearing this is pretty crappy. Hopefully something good will come about, whether that is RF2 or IR2...whatever!  angel
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 12:03:43 PM +0000 »

For what it is worth, I think it is worth a punt but the lack of tracks is very frustrating.

I will DEFINITELY buy the commercial release.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2012, 04:02:51 PM +0100 »

new update and GT cars added, also a night racing vid preview  Smiley

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-new-version-track-development-update

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2012, 09:42:03 AM +0100 »

It's probably worth noting that there's a refund policy in place during the rFactor 2 beta stage so if you don't like it you can always get your money back Smiley

As I thought the whole product is awful and the updates have done nothing to improve it I tried to get a refund and they refused. They said I was over the time limit of 2 months. Well personally I thought they said we could get a refund at any time during the beta until it's release, but 4 months after release they added some obscure post on their forums saying they had new T&C for refunds which is what they pointed me to when I asked for my refund.

I'm pretty annoyed by this as I'm not going to have read some obscure post and if they were changing their T&C then they should have notified their customers by email.

The product is absolutely terrible and still barely alpha let alone beta. Graphics are terrible and slow, even on one screen, but the feeling of the cars is just dire and the UI looks like a 5 year old wrote it. I keep hearing "it's not optimised yet", but sorry if the core game is this bad now there is not much you can do to optimise it afterwards, most performance is in the basic design of software, not the little tweaks at the end.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com