The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 03:47:52 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: RFactor2  (Read 36469 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2012, 12:52:39 PM +0000 »

Hope so, mugs like me and Spanner have funded it  Roll Eyes

I dip my toes back in every now and then and download all the updates but i havent spent any serious time with it. Graphically its very detailed, but with a lack of opponents and to some extent, car choices, i just cant seem to get into it enough to spend any time pumping lap after lap in like i would do with P&G3, iR or GTR2. The interface and feel are very different.

i mean, watch some of the vids on here and you can see how incredibly good it can look. Watch the guys steering inputs on the spa Historic vid, it looks real !  Cool

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302665

there is an awesome vid of a guy with a triple screen setup doing Historic Monaco in rF2 and it just looks damn real, will try and find it.

edit: here we go, post 5, you will dribble with awe...i did  Wink  Grin http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1644858#post1644858
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:05:34 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2012, 02:07:50 PM +0000 »

I did find some stuff on the rFactor website about a whole bunch of updates for a 60's racing series with lots of tracks but this seemed to be a third party mod and I am unsure how this is used or even if I can, given that I would like to try before I buy...

I can't quite work out the interface which doesn't help but I'll try it again over Christmas and see if it has moved on.

Thanks for the videos.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:37 PM +0100 »

Hows this bad boy doing now?  Anyone keeping up to date with development/patches etc?

I keep seeing the odd post on the net about various tracks and cars being released for it but must admit i havent even fired it up for months  Sad  When i do think of doing so, i get put off by the awkward patching sequence, having lost track of what update i am supposed to use. Undecided

Graphically it can look awesome and expect the physics must be better than ye olde GTR2, so interested to see if theres any mileage in us adopting it for some race series, maybe using the GT cars. The FFB is pretty cool too.

I wonder how many of us here have it to make a test race/series viable?
Shout up if you have it! add your name to the list.

MJ

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2013, 07:00:04 PM +0100 »

Gave up on rF2 a long time ago and haven't seen or heard of anything so far to persuade me to buy into it again  Sad

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2013, 09:24:41 AM +0100 »

.... rolls through....

not feeling any love for Rf2 here !  Might patch it up to the latest this weekend and fire it up for some testing now that the GTC season has finished. It does look bloody lovely on screen but not a lot of point if no-one is racing it.  Sad

I cannot  believe its taken 5years + for any games maker to bring out a decent substitute for ye olde GTR2 ! and we're still not there yet!!  With the amount of blokes into motor racing and pc's you would think there was a decent market for a good new racing sim.  Huh

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:20 AM +0100 »

.... rolls through....

not feeling any love for Rf2 here !  Might patch it up to the latest this weekend and fire it up for some testing now that the GTC season has finished. It does look bloody lovely on screen but not a lot of point if no-one is racing it.  Sad

I cannot  believe its taken 5years + for any games maker to bring out a decent substitute for ye olde GTR2 ! and we're still not there yet!!  With the amount of blokes into motor racing and pc's you would think there was a decent market for a good new racing sim.  Huh

The last 5 years have been pretty rough economically which hasn't exactly encouraged investment in what is after all a niche market. The consoles cater for your average bloke (or gal) into racing and the development there seems to have been pretty good.

We do have the imminent (I hope) release of Assetto Corsa to look forward to which, if the tech demo is anything to go by, will be a big step forward. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much interest here for that either  Undecided

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2013, 01:10:49 PM +0100 »

im also waiting for Assetto to appear  Smiley

Thats part of the problem, any new sim that has appeared on the radar is merely in development stage and a long way off actually turning up! or requires money input for an unfinished product  Sad

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2013, 01:50:30 PM +0100 »

Is the latest Simbin stuff no good? Raceroom or whatever it's called seems to be what they are currently promoting

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2013, 09:49:23 AM +0100 »

So, how do the things stand in rF2? Tried the demo (240 build) and I must say I could drive it. Some tweaks, etc., a bit more knowing it and the races could start. Anyone knows about some site with good add software, etc. (XD particularly)? 
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2013, 12:26:00 PM +0100 »

So, how do the things stand in rF2? Tried the demo (240 build) and I must say I could drive it. Some tweaks, etc., a bit more knowing it and the races could start. Anyone knows about some site with good add software, etc. (XD particularly)? 

Get XD here http://www.vitumo.de

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2013, 09:42:13 AM +0100 »

Is it for rF2 as well? Can I put in the file from GTR2?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2013, 10:40:34 AM +0100 »

Is it for rF2 as well? Can I put in the file from GTR2?
It only says RFactor? Can't hurt if you just copy the two files from your GTR2 install and put them into RF2 and give it a try.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2013, 12:23:45 PM +0100 »

Been meaning to update my rf2 for a while now, been some tasty updates, cars and tracks since I last ran it, so interested to see how good it looks and feels  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:13 PM +0100 »

Was wondering how rF2 was coming on since I first tried it when it was first released, so thought I'd give the recently released demo a go.

Hard to find anything positive to say about it really, except perhaps that it comes with a nice easy uninstaller  Roll Eyes I know graphics aren't everything, but this actually seems like a step backwards from the old rF. I appreciate that a lot of work has gone into the physics with dynamic tyre modelling and track conditions, but compared with other sims it left me cold.

All of this just my opinion of course, so don't shoot  surrender

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2016, 05:26:02 PM +0000 »

The Zombie of simworld seems to be undergoing a bit of a resurgence with a new development team and a lot of promises for the future.

As it was on sale for £12.99 on steam (50% off) I thought I'd bite the bullet and give it another try. Main reason was Spa 1966 with 60's openwheelers and the "Howston" which is rF's take on a 60's Lola.

Gotta say the ui is still as bad as ever but I've got it to run well and look good enough without my eyes hurting. The atmosphere is actually very immersive and the thrill of driving the old cars around a drying out Spa is even better than I'd hoped it would be. The road feel and responsiveness of the cars is very impressive.

If you have a few spare hours to burn over the holidays and fancy some retro fun, I can highly recommend!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com