The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:21:32 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: RFactor2  (Read 36454 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2016, 06:58:51 PM +0000 »

I must be missing something with rf2. it looked horrible on my PC, didnt think much to the FFB, all straight out of the box,  so its been on my drive for most of the year and never went back.

Can you point me to the right track car combo that actually shows it off? I orignally tried the skip barber at silverstone as its a combo i remember from iR.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2016, 07:04:57 PM +0000 »

I must be missing something with rf2. it looked horrible on my PC, didnt think much to the FFB, all straight out of the box,  so its been on my drive for most of the year and never went back.

Can you point me to the right track car combo that actually shows it off? I orignally tried the skip barber at silverstone as its a combo i remember from iR.

These are the only tracks that look good to me, Sebring, Sepang and Silverstone. As for cars, try the Nissan 370Z. The BTCC mod is also very very good.

Michael Boylan

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2017, 01:07:59 PM +0100 »

New update coming soon which looks interesting...

https://www.studio-397.com/2017/04/roadmap-update-april-2017/

Been spending some time in this recently, mostly with the older cars so looking forward to having some decent graphics.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2017, 01:37:49 PM +0100 »

Haven't touched it in years, so don't know how to get it to work. It was a horrible game when it was released, so let's hope it's gotten better now. I miss changeable weather in AC.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2017, 02:18:17 PM +0100 »

It was truly awful when it first came out but it has improved recently. It still has some way to go before it rivals the likes of AC/R3E imo but it has all the right ingredients to get there. Graphics aren't everything but the current level is enough to put most off ever wanting to fire it up....at least with this update things should look a lot better.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2017, 04:08:47 PM +0100 »

.......nothing happening here fellas, moving along now, move along  Roll Eyes

Unfortunately lots of issues have been reported with yesterday's DX11 graphics update to the extent that it's probably not worth the effort even trying to install until it's all sorted out. I'll try again in 6 months!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2017, 05:12:38 PM +0100 »

.......nothing happening here fellas, moving along now, move along  Roll Eyes

Unfortunately lots of issues have been reported with yesterday's DX11 graphics update to the extent that it's probably not worth the effort even trying to install until it's all sorted out. I'll try again in 6 months!

Tried it a few days ago after years, loaded a race and had to wait 5-10 minutes for the race to load, on a SSD  Roll Eyes. This game was rubbish and is still terrible, they have no idea how to make a game and are beating a dead horse. The arrogance they had at launch was their downfall, they thought they had the golden egg, but it turned out to be just a scrambled egg.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2017, 10:13:07 PM +0100 »

How's GTR3 developing?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2017, 10:44:43 PM +0100 »

How's GTR3 developing?

Ask again this time next year  Wink

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2017, 08:49:03 AM +0100 »

Roll Eyes
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2017, 12:54:35 PM +0000 »

Winter sale on Steam! Lots of race sims on discount. Recently picked up Loeb Rally Evo and trying to divide my spare time on both titles.
Now it seems RFactor2 is at half price too.

I have tried the demo a month back or so and FFB and Physics are very good, just not THAT much better then AC to buy into it. (the demo might not be the latest build)
Couple that with very dated UI, confusing content and mediocre visuals i am not sure what to think of this title. Altough modding scene and development seem to be getting some much needed attention this year. It is more appealing to me then PCars2 anyways.
So, would it be good to pick this title up now?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2018, 11:02:36 AM +0000 »

Laser scanned data and more stuff...

https://www.studio-397.com/2018/02/roadmap-update-january-2018/

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2018, 09:52:23 AM +0000 »

Anticipating the EA release of the KartKraft title today, RF2 is on sale as is this DLC for the karts. Wink

https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1003/

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com