The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 09:13:10 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VXR track days - it's that time again!  (Read 2555 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 01:46:44 PM +0100 »

sigh Roll Eyes

Just book an ARDS session and put all of us out of misery Wink

Jeez thats alot of money, might as well just book a trackday!

(Edited for telling the truth)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:42:25 PM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:53 PM +0100 »

This is just an experiment...

Do you feel any different?  Cheesy
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 02:18:59 PM +0100 »

Have you done a lot of track days Spanner? £195 to thrash someone else's track prepared car for half a day with an instructor to train you at the same time seems rather good value to me. Just think how much you might spend on petrol doing it? And then there's car hire, brakes, tyres, insurance. These all cost extra on a track day.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 03:18:09 PM +0100 »

Grumpy old man post ahead!

By the sounds of previous events i'm not sure 'training' is the right term Undecided

Yes, i've done a few in my time and its clear other people are able to remove that chip out of your head and drive like complete idiots but i cant. And if your trying to set a new lap record in your modifed road car, why? If your going to do something, do it properly or else dont bother. I'd rather get taken round by a proffesional anyday who i can trust than effectively be limited by my funds, my pants and my need to keep living.

Yes they are a good experience to pretend your good driver by getting on a race track, getting an understanding of driving the track but thats about it. without any kind of timing element or racing to it to actually help you understand what your doing or give a goal to aim at i struggle to understand why you would keep doing it. I use to get bored in the afternoon, once you've get into a rythym, worked out where the corners go, where you need to brake to get round the corners that was it. its a road car, its not a race car, if you want to be pushing it further than using your car you arrived in isnt the best thing to be using and how would you know you were quicker without timing or telemetry.

I suppose you've got a point on the fuel but if you can go through a set of tyres brakes in a couple fo hours then clearly track days are not the right environment for you, or for me as i dont think i want to be anywhere near!

moon, stick

stick, moon.

I have no idea what your trying to say!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com