by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 10:40:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Night Races: December 01, 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Night Races  (Read 7315 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 01:24:09 PM +0000 »

Hoping to turn up for this. I want to see how my system specs hold up with the enlarged grids and night time (cpu hungry) racing Tongue
I'll probably race the Alpine though not sure yet.

LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 07:04:22 PM +0000 »

In the RSC FAQ for GTL they recommend that night-racing with more than 8 cars is for high-end PCs only. I suggest we try it, but if it's undriveable for too many people we restart with a day race, and go straight to the race session with a random grid.

I think I'll dig out my P2 350MHz, 8MB ATi Rage pro on-board GFX drop it from 384MB to 64MB of system RAM and install GTL on windows 98.
Oh, and use a controll pad too. Wink

Hopefully this will help to decide NOT to drive in a night race. Grin

Grin

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 11:10:08 AM +0000 »

OK got the game yesterday and installed last night  Smiley
I've unlocked a few cars but there's no way I'm gonna have the track unlocked for later.
Is it true that I dont need to when on multiplayer?

If so then does this apply to the cars also?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 11:15:36 AM +0000 »

You don't need to unlock a track to race that online, but obviously that doesn't help you practice Wink That's not an issue, these are fun races where we can all learn about the game/tracks/cars etc.

You can only enter online races using a car you own. Tonights bash is TC65 so Cortina and Mini are both allowed if you've not got sufficient funds to buy anything else. Contina is reasonably competitive too.

You will need to install the 1.1 patch if you haven't done so yet.

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 12:03:47 PM +0000 »

Thanks Picnic, I'm not too worried about the practice because, as you say, I'm more looking forward to a bit of fun  Grin
Anyway if the track layout is faithfully reproduced in the game than I should be ok.

I've bought an Alfa so will probably appear in that as I'm a huge fan. Hopefully I can afford to buy a red one - otherwise its not an Alfa  Wink
Anyway I've yet to register and upgrade with patch so hopefully it'll go trouble free and I'll see you all later.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 12:39:21 PM +0000 »

I bought the red Alfa  Grin And very nice it is too

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 03:21:27 PM +0000 »

You an Alfanut too Picnic?
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 04:57:21 PM +0000 »

I have to say "this track and at night"! Undecided  A daunting prospect for me.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 05:02:48 PM +0000 »

You an Alfanut too Picnic?

Not especially, never owned one but have had several friends who have. And emotive cars they are. They are adorable to look at but perhaps a bit tempremental on the build side. Sounds great in GTL  Grin

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 05:10:24 PM +0000 »

They are adorable to look at but perhaps a bit tempremental on the build side.
No more than any other car these days. Alfa are beyond the old reputation now. I've owned a 156 for a year an a half, no problems. Still keep finding new things I love about it every drive  Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 05:14:57 PM +0000 »

I've owned a 156 for a year an a half, no problems

Have a friend you got a 145 GTA, apart from not letting her have it because the dealer spotted a design flaw that entailed a product recall for all UK cars, paint has fallen off and the ABS/TC or something similar failed. Kept putting the brakes on while she was driving down dual carriageways, along with flashing the I'm broken light.

She still loves it to bits though, and I can see why  Grin

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 05:25:16 PM +0000 »

Yeah, they're something else for design. Like they say, everyone should own at least one Alfa in their life. There will be anecdotal tales of woe about any car brand you car to mention though. Ask a Mercedes or Renault/Peugeot driver if the recent Top Gear owners poll is to be believed  Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 05:44:43 PM +0000 »

Fair point, none of my Impreza have been perfect. And they did win the JD Power Survey when I owned my first.

silver53

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 06:22:25 PM +0000 »

Hi hope to turn up in a dagenham dustbin as I am very poor. bye gerald
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 06:26:35 PM +0000 »

The thing I love about the Alfas is the steering. They've got the quickest rack on any normal roadcar afaik - full lock to full lock in less than 2 turns of the wheel.
Makes it respond like a go-cart and its real easy to let the back hang out - even on a front wheel hatch!
Mines getting old now - its a 146ti with a few 'adjustments' under the bonnet. It's faster than a Honda type R of the same year and 10 times more fun to drive  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com