by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 01:28:53 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL Night Races: December 01, 2005
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Night Races  (Read 7254 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 10:38:40 PM +0000 »

great fun again this eve, thanks to picnic once again for setting it up.  Cool

The night race was a real challenge as i didnt know the track other than my qualy run ! Shocked  and the headlights are crap on the Alfa Tongue Good experience though.
The day races were a real blast with some good close and clean racing, its a real joy to throw these old beasties about.

Shame about the low turn out but it was fun all the same,
thanks again.
 Kiss

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 10:50:19 PM +0000 »

The night race was a real challenge as i didnt know the track other than my qualy run ! Shocked  and the headlights are crap on the Alfa Tongue Good experience though.
The day races were a real blast with some good close and clean racing, its a real joy to throw these old beasties about.

thanks again.
 Kiss

It does seem to be the same members turning out time after time for these races, but I'm not complaining that was REALLY good fun. Mind you I think we should ban Leuven, or make him drive a 2CV Grin
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 11:07:12 PM +0000 »

Mind you I think we should ban Leuven, or make him drive a 2CV Grin

My suggestion was that we should make him drive with Johnny Vega and Vanessa Feltz as penalty ballast. Wink

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 11:18:47 PM +0000 »

Great fun even though I didn't get to race.
My freakin mouse has been 'hanging' on me lately and when I went to click the race button the mouse was dead.
Popping the batteries in and out does the job but by that stage I was DQ  Roll Eyes

Would have loved to join in second race but had to come in to work.

FPS was good for me except for a bit of stutter half way through qual.
One strange thing though : when I was watching you guys race the place listings were pretty meaningless, showing 2 cars as technical DNFs while they were happilly racing away.

Anyway thanks Picnic for hosting, I had a real blast.
Those cars are great and being able to go out on my home track - well what a bonus!

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 11:24:43 PM +0000 »

Hi hope to turn up in a dagenham dustbin as I am very poor. bye gerald

....still not exactly sure what you mean mate but it was good to see a Cortina out there Smiley
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2005, 11:39:52 PM +0000 »

Some fords used to be made in Dagenham, Essex and were called Dagenham Dustbins  Grin
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2005, 11:41:54 PM +0000 »

Lol, thats well funny :-)

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
codsworth

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:04 AM +0000 »

cheers guys.

Twas a good couple of races.Thanks.

C u all soon,

Cods
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 08:18:59 AM +0000 »

Some fun racing last night, thanks to all who came  Cheesy Only strangeness I saw was two chat messages attributed to SERVER when we had the track reload.

The night race was fun and racing in a dark room with the projector it was very do able. Took a couple of laps to spot the braking points but after OK. I managed a 2:00.03 which was as fast as I usually manage in the daylight  Shocked Leuven kindly left for the last race so I manage a win  Grin

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 09:58:00 AM +0000 »

Damn, why didnt i think of turning the room lights off Huh...should have known that trick as i do the same durning various F.P.S. night scene fights..D'oh !....note to self for next time Smiley
FPS didnt suffer during night race at all but there were only 10 of us racing, so ?...

Good fun battling it out with several people, it would have been great with a fuller grid.....maybe Simracing/UKGT needs to do some recruiting/advertising on the RSC forums? It seems that GTL isnt as universally popular (yet) as GTR so some awareness/enticement may be required. The new guy (AdamP) seemed to enjoy himself, so a few more could be encouraged.

And yes, i was slightly discouraged to see that Leuven still manages to outqualy anyone by 2 secs and disapear into the sunset with a new car and new track to master Undecided

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2005, 10:05:53 AM +0000 »

Good fun battling it out with several people, it would have been great with a fuller grid.....maybe Simracing/UKGT needs to do some recruiting/advertising on the RSC forums?

No need to be too concerned I don't think, fun races have never been *that* well attended compared to the league races. There's a LOT of racing available at the moment too so people can pick & choose.

Legends Racing simracing team
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:32 AM +0000 »

It was a bit of an Alfa-fest yesterday. I took one as I wanted to compare it to the Cortina which I raced around the same track the other day. I was a couple tenths faster in the Cortina, they seem to be very closely matched at most tracks.

Didn't have any performance problems, but with only 8 or 9 cars on the start line I don't think we proved anything. The TC-65 cars were a good choice for a night race. In a quick car spotting the braking points exactly is more critical.

Some advertisement of our site would probably be a good idea. There is a list of GTL links on RSC, and we aren't on there atm. I'll speak to Dave about it when he is back.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:21:01 AM +0000 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Adam Parle
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2005, 10:47:07 AM +0000 »

Cheers all for last night, would have liked to have been able to hang around for a couple more races (I will next time), but I would have got some dissaproving looks from the wife....

Good fun on what was my first race with the simracing crowd, did as well as I could have expected, the guys infront of me were streets ahead (and I'm sure Leuven had stuck a Chevy engine in his Alfa, I was something like 5/6 seconds off his qualy time).

A friend of mine's recently acquired GTL, so I'll send him this way, although he's moving house in the next week, so we'll probably see him sometime in the NY.

Thanks for organising the event Picnic, I'm definately looking forward to the next one.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2005, 02:41:52 PM +0000 »

Whoohoo, another new satisfied customer! Cool Cheers Adam, the more the merrier, glad you enjoyed yourself.

LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2005, 06:31:11 PM +0000 »

thanks again.
 Kiss

Mind you I think we should ban Leuven, or make him drive a 2CV Grin

My suggestion was that we should make him drive with Johnny Vega and Vanessa Feltz as penalty ballast. Wink

Hehehe. Grin, For some reason I'm finding Racing is being good to me, especially GTL.  Cool

Race 1: went pretty smooth from start to finish, although I do remember an alfa came flying between everyone at the first turn and amazingly missed us all I think.  Shocked

Race 2: I decided to jump in the Cortina, without much time to set up the car I ended up with a tall set of gears, only using 4th gear  once a lap at most  Roll Eyes
 Even tho the Cortina seemed slower, I ended up not that far from Alfas race times with dodgy setup too Huh>
If anybody watches the replay and see's me drive straight into the big hills, it was the wheel switching off. I switched the fan on and the wheel and pedals went dead  Shocked Grin

Race 3: No-one told me there was a third race Sad, maybe thats the new tactics now....pretend theres no more races so I leave  Wink Grin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:45:06 PM +0000 by LEUVEN » Logged

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com