by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 01:52:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice offer to returning members  (Read 6207 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:15 PM +0100 »

did my first race in about a year last night, a 12 or so car Mazda mx5 race at Lime-rock. Finished 4th  Smiley was quite chuffed as never driven it before.

Yes would be useful if a few others off here were in same races, adds that personal touch rather than the faceless un-social masses that seem to make up IR grids.

As for cars, ive got all the stock naturally plus the Radical, Mazda single seater and Vette C6. Got a handful of extra tracks like Laguna, Brands, silverstone, sebring and Spa.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:59:26 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 10:57:33 PM +0100 »

I'm gonna rejoin on the bank holiday weekend Cool Not got alot in the way of tracks/cars mind Embarrassed so I'll be lurking in the 'd' class Grin

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 07:42:21 AM +0100 »

I quit iR for 'cause of defined reasons. They didn't change and I'm not giving them any more money. Lips Sealed
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:37 AM +0100 »

Day off today, so I get the choice of racing a Mazda round Lime Rock or a Mazda round Lime Rock  Roll Eyes

Then again I could go for dizzy enducing Legend around and around Boston. Doesn't do much for my enthusiasm.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 04:53:44 PM +0100 »

Does anybody have a promo code for a slow driver tempted to try this sim?
Thx in advance

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 07:34:48 PM +0100 »

Day off today, so I get the choice of racing a Mazda round Lime Rock or a Mazda round Lime Rock  Roll Eyes

Then again I could go for dizzy enducing Legend around and around Boston. Doesn't do much for my enthusiasm.

know what you mean GT, i was faced with the same lack of choice last night  Sad guess some weeks is better than others  Undecided

Il Luppo, think these promo codes can only be used if you were a previous customer with an account registered with them. I dont think you can use a code if your a new customer but i may be wrong.  Undecided

Darren Seal
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:09 PM +0100 »

Does anybody have a promo code for a slow driver tempted to try this sim?
Thx in advance

Check the main site for promotions.

The current deal is buy 1 month get 2 free. So that's 3 months for $12.

http://www.iracing.com/buy-1-get-2/
Rich2086

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:34 PM +0100 »

Might drop into the Spec Racer Ford at silverstone tonight and tomorrow if anyone else is about, only problem is i entered a race a few mins ago and was greeted with a load of lag and my frame rate was stupidly low at times. It was almost unplayable i just tryed to get it round and keep my SR in the plus which i did but was a terrible performance. I hope its sorted its self out by tonight  Sad

Funnily enough it has coincided with me adding G27 pedals to my setup but i cant think why that would affect the frame rate  Huh must just be my rubbish internet here at home  Sad. Im well out of form at the moment

First month of iRacing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpgEBQnZQjU - please rate and enjoy
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 08:45:25 AM +0100 »

Just a quick heads-up about another offer they have that might be useful if you've just rejoined and are after a couple of extra cars/tracks:-

"The shelves at iRacing’s warehouse are once again overflowing so we decided to offer a Spring Cleaning Special for members only.   Buy two or more pieces of content and get $8 of iRacing credit!  This deal only runs through the weekend, or until inventory runs out, so act fast.

Offer applies to new content (cars & tracks) purchased between 00:01 GMT on 4.21.11 (20:01 EDT on 4.20.10)  through 23:59 GMT on 4.24.11 (19:59 EDT on 4.24.11).  Credits will be issued on Wednesday April 27th. Members may only redeem offer once, for a maximum of $8 iRacing credits per account. This offer is in addition to any volume discounts you may be eligible for.

Members who qualify for the bonus $8 iRacing credits will automatically receive them via email on Wednesday April 27th."
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 12:03:13 PM +0100 »

Offer applies to new content (cars & tracks) purchased between 00:01 GMT on 4.21.11 (20:01 EDT on 4.20.10)  through 23:59 GMT on 4.24.11 (19:59 EDT on 4.24.11).  Credits will be issued on Wednesday April 27th. Members may only redeem offer once, for a maximum of $8 iRacing credits per account. This offer is in addition to any volume discounts you may be eligible for.

Oh well, as good an excuse as any to complete my collection of iRacing cars, adding the SK Mod, Silver Crown and Sprint Car. I was thinking about the SC anyway as it's running at Pocono next season and that's the only place I ever do egg racing (love racing the truck there - last race I did there finished with 6 of us almost 6 abreast to the flag laugh).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 12:08:33 PM +0100 »

I've always wondered what the Silver Crown is like, as it sounds insane with 800+ bhp and only 700Kg odd.  Let us know Dave!

Cheers, Ross.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:27 PM +0100 »

It is completely bonkers!

If the handling in real-life is anything like it is in iRacing anyone who gets in one to race it should be shipped off somewhere secure!

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 01:32:26 PM +0100 »

If the handling in real-life is anything like it is in iRacing anyone who gets in one to race it should be shipped off somewhere secure!

Sounds like my kind of car. Grin

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 01:45:11 PM +0100 »

I've often thought you should be shipped off somewhere secure Dave Cheesy

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 04:29:03 PM +0100 »

I've often thought you should be shipped off somewhere secure Dave Cheesy

It's called a cubicle farm. laugh wacko

Had a quick play after a 25 minute download - both the SK and the Silver Crown seem like they'd make good road racers, although the SK's geared far too short for it. The SC is funny - it's basically only got one gear (1st is very short and is really only for getting going) and doesn't pick up well from slow speeds so it's incredibly reminiscent of driving a go kart - albeit one with more than 800 horses chomping at the bit. Gearing is fine for road courses - it's just reaching the G27's shift lights at the end of VIR's back straight.

If we do the RoC thing again... Wink Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: