The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 05:42:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 GT Power expansion pack..  (Read 6329 times)
Ade

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:27:00 PM +0100 »

GT POWER Cool and only 4.99 Euros http://www.raceroom.net/shop/item/38/gt-power/

Three high profile exotic GT sportscars (Pagani Zonda R, BMW M3 GT2, Matech GT 1) ready to hammer around new tracks from both sides of the old iron curtain. Mid-Ohio is often named “best road course” in the US, Chayka is the first track out of former Soviet Union to make it to a SimBin title.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:00 PM +0100 »

Has to be bought just for my beloved Ford GT Kiss

.....all though thinking about it, I might as well just drive the GT1 mod  Undecided

edit: Mod doesn't come with the Ford GT...looks like I'm buying it after all
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:43:01 PM +0100 by lazlow » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:29 PM +0100 »

seems you have to buy it from raceroom and not steam.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:41:39 PM +0100 »

I think they give you a code and you put that in steam like they did with the formula raceroom.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 08:50:30 PM +0100 »

Yes, but its another website i have to put my address and card details into which i'll never use again!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:39:46 PM +0100 »

just bought it  Smiley  but no time to try it yet  Sad

Go on, you know you all want to  Wink  i think we need a test race to try them out too  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 09:24:32 PM +0100 »

whoa!  anyone tried the new stuff yet? Think i have a new favourite sim car...the Pagini is flipping fantastic!! tt1  Take it around Brands GP and be impressed  Shocked  it goes like an absolute rocket on my rig and is brilliant fun. Sounds awesome too, especially on the replay, mega engine sounds. Like many sims lately i find the sounds take on a proper dimension only when you crank them up, they really lose a lot on low volume.

Tried the BMW GT2 as well, another great car and very well done. A nice addition to the club class. Likewise the meaty Matech for GTpro, makes that class a nice mix of cool GT1 cars to choose from now.

Tried the new Mid-ohio track, which seems nicely done but think i prefer the VLM Mid-Ohio as the textures make it look more real. This version looked a bit cartoony to me.
Hockenheim track is excellent on the other hand, really nicely done, its a feast for the eyes.

I also tried out the RR Formula cars, anyone had a go of these yet? They are mental 18k rev screamers and sound just like F1 cars externally, wicked sounds. We should try these out for a test series.

But i'd love to see a pagini series on some suitable fast tracks,these cars are totally brilliant  Cool Try them out  Smiley

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:33:57 PM +0100 »

So you buy it on Raceroom, download it and activate over Steam?
TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 09:44:26 PM +0100 »

No. you buy it on RaceRoom and they give you an activation code. You shoot over to Steam - go to 'Activate a game on Steam'  enter the code- then Steam downloads and installs it. Simples. Works like a charm. Agree with MJ - Mid-Ohio isn't as good as the VLM track. Cars are good but the Matech Ford GT default setup is way off.

TC
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 11:17:35 PM +0100 »

Worth to buy, then? Will we use it?
jpv

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 05:09:35 AM +0100 »

I'd imagine it'll appear in the Steam store after a while, just like the STCC 2 addon.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 10:58:21 AM +0100 »

I'd imagine it'll appear in the Steam store after a while, just like the STCC 2 addon.

Already there dude. £3.99 or £7.98 with Race 07! How is that not worth the money?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

TinMan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 11:59:55 AM +0100 »

At the price it's worth buying just to be able to do a one-make Zonda race.

TC
EdamSpeed
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 12:15:32 PM +0100 »

Wow, someone supercharged Simbin recently.

They're releasing ANOTHER add-on:

“Race 07”: Fourth expansion pack will be the “Retro Pack”

Lidköping /Sweden, April 21, 2011 – The Swedish game development company SimBin Studios AB
today announced that the fourth expansion pack for the award winning PC racing game
“Race07” will be released next week.

“Retro Pack”
Release date: April 28, 2011
Price: 4.99 EUR
Available on:  www.raceroom.net  and  www.steampowered.com

The Retro Pack features 8 cool retro cars and 2 new high detailed tracks. It is designed for all fans who loves their racing cars loud and charismatic. From the unmistakable rounded curves of the Volvo Amazon, over the iconic BMW 2002 to the raw coolness factor of the ’70 Chevrolet Camaro, it is all here. The pack also contains the Poznan track which is a world premiere on any gaming platform, and the first hillclimb stage ever made by SimBin.

Special Features:

- Integration with the RaceRoom online platform, featuring leaderboards and competitions.
- The first ever Hillclimb stage developed by SimBin, based loosely on stretches of road in the Alps.

Cars:

1968 Volvo Amazon
1972 Volvo P1800 ES
1971 BMW 2002
1968 Mini Cooper S
1971 Opel Commodore GS 3001
1973 BMW 3.0 CSL
1974 Chevrolet Corvette
1970 Chevrolet Camaro

Tracks:

Hillclimb Stage
Poznan
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:22 PM +0100 »

Wow, someone supercharged Simbin recently.

I think they've adopted the iRacing policy of charging for every little bit of content and hope nobody tots it all up. ninja eek clown

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com