The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 11:40:20 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Race 07 GT Power expansion pack..  (Read 6242 times)
lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 03:56:22 PM +0100 »

Wow, someone supercharged Simbin recently.

I think they've adopted the iRacing policy of charging for every little bit of content and hope nobody tots it all up. ninja eek clown
I know I shouldn't bite but I just had to work it out angel For £18 you can pick up 20 new cars & 10 new tracks....to me that's a pretty good deal.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 04:20:14 PM +0100 »

Goldtop has food for thought  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 04:31:16 PM +0100 »

Cars:

1968 Volvo Amazon
1972 Volvo P1800 ES
1971 BMW 2002
1968 Mini Cooper S
1971 Opel Commodore GS 3001
1973 BMW 3.0 CSL
1974 Chevrolet Corvette
1970 Chevrolet Camaro

I wouldn't mind building a series based around this lot  drool

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 05:14:55 PM +0100 »

I also tried out the RR Formula cars, anyone had a go of these yet? They are mental 18k rev screamers and sound just like F1 cars externally, wicked sounds.
http://www.virtualr.net/formula-raceroom-f1-2011-skin-pack-released/
Makes the cars look a little better than the standard primary colours.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 06:28:13 PM +0100 »

If they had gone this route to start with where you actually just buy the car packs and not release several versions of the same game so if you want to get the evo stuff they charge you for the whole thing again, i'm sure they would have done alot better out of it.

Hmm not sure about that, cars look good but the tracks leave alot to be desired, a track no ones heard of and a fantasy hillclimb track Huh

Those RR cars are mental but surprisingly easy to drive

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 06:57:51 PM +0100 »

Yeah but tracks are but a free download away at nogrip

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 07:59:12 PM +0100 »

i always thought simbin was losing out by not releasing car and track packs since GTR1 came out!  They could have easily have released seasonal GT car updates with new cars or year variants with the odd extra track and people would have snapped them up. All the sim makes have cottoned on to this new way of releasing add-on extras for a few quid, whether its a flight or race sim, and why not?!  Smiley  its a good way of injecting new life into the sims we enjoy and for them to get extra funds to pay for the development work for better stuff.

£4 is the cost of a pint in most pubs now, give or take, so its definitely worth it for good track and car add-ons.

Strange they have also gone retro with the new planned release but guess they are aware the historic racing theme is very popular in the real and sim worlds of racing. Nice set of eclectic race cars on offer there.  Smiley

Thanks for link on the RR skins Laz   Smiley  by the way the zonda comes with a healthy range of skins with the GT pack add-on...just in case anyone is considering running a one make race series  Wink Cool

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 09:54:55 PM +0100 »

Some interesting content here, especially the retro pack. Perhaps they've noted the excitement over the pending PnG release and decided to cash in on it. It'll be interesting to see what the quality will be like when compared to V3.

£4 is the cost of a pint in most pubs now, give or take, so its definitely worth it for good track and car add-ons.

Jeez I'm glad I live up north where I can still get a proper pint with 'ed on and a cheese cob for £4  Smiley Jesting aside, you really can't argue with the price when you compare it with iR. I'll be giving it all a go in due course.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 02:47:43 PM +0100 »

MJ fails to mention he drinks pints of crème de menthe and tizer Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 01:47:38 AM +0100 »

And thankfully they wont charge you a yearly subscription to play with yourself... Wink

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 06:53:13 PM +0100 »

Looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer for the Retro Pack  Sad

http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php/topic,642.0.html

What's the betting PnG V3 makes it out before this  Cheesy

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 08:04:58 PM +0100 »

rather they get it right then release it  Smiley  Like the sound of the hillclimbing mode. Not much use for online other than braggin rights i guess but good offline challenge.

Den

Burnout Doctor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:09 PM +0100 »

I have this add on but haven't drivin' it as these cars aren't really my cup of tea. heh. I do like the idea of add ons though and have always felt the Race 07 tracks to be quite nice, even thinking they look better than iRacing's ttracks. (Oh my!! heh)

I'm quite looking forward to the retro stuff though, and only wish this wasn't the end of it all.

And thanks for that download as one reason I never bothered with the Raceroom add on (driving, I have it, just never drove it.) is well, one, I'm not an open wheeler fan at all and these buggers are too fast for me anyways!! haha. Yeah I suck.......but also, I saw all the cars were like "non-liveried" and so the incentive was even less to bother. Now, I'll probably give it a whirl. Make me a skin eventually and try a few out.

Den
Reporter: "So. What's it like to be Henry Ford II?"
Henry Ford II: "I don't know. I've never been anyone else."
www.Petrolmania.co.uk
You can never have enough (GTL) Minis!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com