Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 01:51:49 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21Sp Goodwood: May 13, 2011
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Specs - Goodwood (Circuit) - May 13  (Read 6187 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:45:08 PM +0100 »

The second round of the Spec Race Challenge stays in England with a trip to Goodwood. This is one of those rare tracks that is still in use today virtually unchanged from the 1960’s & well worth a visit to one of the revival festivals. It has a nice flow with sweeping corners and a chicane on to the pit straight. Lap times will be in the low 1.20’s in the 65cars. The track can be downloaded here goodwood

There will be two Intermediate Short Races, back to back on the same track. For each event there are two chassis available and you should drive both cars - anyone daft enough to use the same car will be disqualified for Race 2. Start with whichever chassis you like. We stick with the 65 Mod & your choice of chariot is the Brabham BT7 v the Honda.

There is no handicapping all participants will run in one division. In Hristo’s absence Evil took a double win in Round 1 to lead the championship from Natan & Goran. Due to a distinct lack of Wazza’s the team championship is led by Black Night Racing.

Unlimited resets are allowed but every Shift R must be followed by a compulsory Stop & Go in your Pit Box (or close to it). If you Reset on the last lap a 30 second time penalty will be awarded.
Incidents should be reported in the usual way.
In line with other divisions the races will be subject to full moderation on lap one.

Also please note that qualifying runs are limited to 12 minutes.
Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race date = Friday 13-05-2011
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Goodwood
Race length = Intermediate Short
Variant = 1965
Chassis = BT7 & Honda
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 12 minutes

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:46:07 AM +0100 »

I would reconsider going to Goodwood unless there's a fix out there that I'm not aware of. It could get very cold down there...

john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:29:54 AM +0100 »

I would reconsider going to Goodwood unless there's a fix out there that I'm not aware of. It could get very cold down there...

you sound like H ... usually goodwood is fine
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:47:46 AM +0100 »

Ahem, show me one track I mentioned of being prone to screen freeze which works fine... And I also do recall some freezes at Goodwood, though not in every race there.

Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:14:24 AM +0100 »

I've done two races here with the T league and another with the GPLRacer league and they were all cut short because of freezes. But it could be my luck, or rather lack thereof Smiley .

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 01:09:42 PM +0100 »

I've run two UKGPL events at Goodwood ~ a Spec Race & a fun race. To the best of my knowledge there were no particular problems on either occasion.
If it all goes wrong then its down to me but I don't think the risk is unduly high.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 01:19:23 PM +0100 »

Hoping to make this. Goodwood was the track for my first ever online race - lasted two corners. Had never used Pro before so I was surprised when I couldn't Shift-R. Hope to do a bit better this time.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:14:13 PM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 12:10:40 AM +0100 »

Have voted...

Having much respect for the 67s, think is a good choice to take part in the 65s to learn the business.
Today tested myself in the BREASTS race with fresh installed track and a setup of the track database.
With a car I ve never driven before on a new track.

Hope to have lots of fun in this series.

Axel

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:43:03 PM +0100 »

Working tonight (Friday) but should be home in plenty of time for the races. If I get held up I'll join at least the second event.........though I don't  envisage any problems.
Geoff

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 10:43:53 PM +0100 »

Race 1. Less said the better and I don't mean the disco. I have just not found the time to do any practice lately and, at my stage in the game, I need practice.
Well done for holding the helm Bill - I know it's not easy when it all goes belly up and you have a gaggle (or should that be angry tribe taz) of racers wanting to burn rubber. You have to make snap decisions or go off and have a nervous breakdown.

Race 2. Much more fun. Well apart from qually; when Bill said free chassis at Monza I thought aye aye I have a set up. Unfortunately the gears were squiffy so missed qually to get a new gearset.
A great battle with Axel until I dithered at Para and lost it. Great racing is what it's all about so it was a fun one...

Congrats to winners and finishers.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 11:44:58 PM +0100 »

The other way round for me. Got myself a 1:23 at Goodwood in practice before the race which is a quantum leap for me. Could only get a 1:27 in Qually but nonetheless kept it on the road and avoided trouble, even passing a stricken Vos at one point... found myself in fifth due largely to the quality of my internet connection but was driving steadily for a finish. Geoff was miles behind and I just needed to be... what the hell, prib says -10 yards!!! ARRRGGGHHH! 3 laps to go, speed up. Foot down and drive defensive. Took some strange lines which Bill might want to investigate but this was not weaving. This was basic lack of control... Geoff made my life incredibly difficult and could have played dirty. Luckily for me he is a gent on and off track and he didn't dump me off. I was all over the place. Clive would be proud. I am going to watch the replay through my fingers, I think but nonetheless my best ever result and not because of the discos - because I kept it on the black stuff under severe pressure. Great battle and thanks for giving me the room to make my mistakes without killing us both.

Race 2 - no setup so to speak and I can't do one in twelve mins so I was pretty slow - 1:40 or so. Wow. I've out qualified Nigel... Get into the race and although I gain a few places through attrition I slowly get gobbled up. Mistake at Para after Geoff has zoomed by loses me a wheel and I think. Ah well that's that. Wait a mo. This isn't the Historics. I can Shift-R. I'm still leading Nigel - he must have had a problem or two - I can beat him here... I'm 35 secs up and I put in a PB - wahey - oh - he's taken three seconds off me. Drive steady, drive steady.

There's the flag. I've done it. Phew.

Then the deflation. Nigel is driving a BT7... He didn't read the free chassis bit in chat. Hmm  I'm celebrating just squeaking past the milk float. He mentions his lap 1 stop n go. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH. I forgot to Stop n Go. DQ. Bugger. I still haven't beaten him Sad (Not that I'm obsessed or anything). Fun though. First time in 65's at Monza and to be honest it is a bit tedious when you are at my level. The only way I can pass is when somebody makes a mistake.

Ah well. I have a fifth to my name and I REALLY hope Billy doesn't cancel the round.

Final thought. Gosh, H is fast.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 09:18:23 AM +0100 »

A painful evening for me...

Race 1 was going well and I was about to try a pass on Ronnie at the end of the Lavant "straight" when... aaarrrggghhhhh!!!! Screen Freeze!!!  Seemingly my now pilot-less car smashed into Ronnie spoiling his race too Sad

Race 2 was looking like it was going to be fun. I havent a setup for any 65 at monza so I took my BRMs Donnington setup and blasted round in... errm 1:40. A few tenths ahead of Badblood and a few tenths  behind Skymole! So all was set for some fun action when my internet dropped! 

My race stats this season-
Spec Donny BRM - 7th
Spec Donny Fez  - DNF (screen freeze)
GT Teams ST.Jo - DNF (Disco)
Porsche Sebring  - 9th
65s Monaco     -  DNF (crashed due to bad lag)
67s Monaco     - DNF (Disco)
66s Falkenberg - 5th
Spec Goodwooo- DNF (screen Freeze)
Spec Monza     - DNS (Disco)

Not a great start to season 21 Sad

On the plus side, my new fibre-optic Broadband goes live on wednesday.. can't wait!

Jason Blito
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 09:27:47 AM +0100 »

First order of business, apologies to Ronnie for tapping you in the rear at Lesmo 1 in the Monza. I had no idea that there was a crash in progress up ahead until I looked at my replay only then did I see Natan on his lid, and everyone slowing to laden wheelbarrow speed. The old 5th-car-in-the-freeway-rearender syndrome. Couldn't slow quick enough to avoid tapping you. Sorry mate. Then Tim cleaned me up from behind and I was very surprised the car kept going without any damage at all.

Race 1 at Goodwood was fun. Qually was average until I squeeked out a 1:22.16 PB in the BT7. The start was rubbish, and I was swamped by everyone and his Auntie... scared
Then Axel dropped across my nose in T1 very sideways and looking at the replay, I warped the bejeezus out of 'im. Sadly I came off second best and Bill cleaned me up from behind, tossing me high in the air. I looked down to see Paul flashing thru directly below me.....great vantage point for viewing but highly unrecommended if you are actually racing. Landed upside down and was last when I finally got going. Took a stop and go after remembering I needed to when I saw Bill dash off to the pits, but while concentrating on something else....I put the car into reverse and started backing up the pitlane.....Duh!!! Got out of the pits without further incident or embarrassment and settled down to try to catch.....anybody Grin Went from 10th to 5th after passing Paul the first time....and the dreaded mass disco occurred. Stuffed up the chicane on about lap 10 that let Paul back past and after letting H and Evil thru set about running down the erratic Honda holding down 5th. I let Evil tow me up to Paul, ta mate, and caught him at the chicane with 2 to go.Toyed with the idea of passing him inside on the way in, but wisely left that alone as he ran wide in the following left and would have put us both in the boards. the poor brab just couldn't match the Wazza for straight line speed, which only left the corners to try to nudge by. That was THE widest RA232 I have ever seen......I would have had to use the grass to get a clear shot at a pass. On the last lap into the chicane I hung back a little to try to get a run on him onto the straight, which I managed to do........but the Honda had a little too much grunt for the Brab and it must have been less than a 10th margin at the flag. Well done Paul for keeping it on the island, if I'd have done that maybe you wouldn't have caught me. Congratulations to H, Clive and I think Sam for populating the white steps with numbers on them. Grin

Race 2 report later......

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 12:08:31 PM +0100 »

I've watched the replay and I am VERY thankful Geoff is better on the brakes than I am. He should definitely have had me. Thank you Honda power...

Whilst on Goodwood I need to apologise to Vos as I caught him on Lap 1. He braked much earlier than I anticipated and I took a leaf out of the blito book by mashing into the back of him (again). Sorry boss.

As an aside, when the car starts to pull sideways under braking (not trail braking, just losing attitude) do you release the brakes; release the throttle; try and power out of it or what? Advice appreciated.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 12:29:15 PM +0100 »

Sorry can't make comments to race 1, have no replay...
After some race laps had a freeze!
Quali was ok for new car and track, unfortunatly started with the slower BT7...

Race 2 was fun for having nice fights.
But made wrong car choice, should have taken a Ferrari...
Lotus couldnt keep the pace of those Hondas  Angry
But with other Loti I was compatible.
Had great fun fighting with Tim who kept in touch by using my slipstream until he made a mistake entering Parabolica...

Is there a replay for race 1 available?

thx
Axel

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com