The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 07:53:47 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live video streaming of GPL  (Read 3436 times)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2011, 03:38:07 PM +0100 »

Hey guys,

I've been testing and tweaking a live video stream broadcast while driving GPL and I'm going to let it run tonight during the BREASTS races to see if it's noticeable in the game. If everything goes fine, I'll be streaming each of my league races so anyone who is not participating or has retired and quit the server can watch the race from my point of view (assuming I'm still racing!).

I'm using Justin.tv to broadcast, here is the link:

http://www.justin.tv/hristoitchov

Two friends of mine helped me test it and reported it looks and plays OK, with the exception of some flickering and stutter now and then, but nothing serious. I would be glad if anyone who has watched it reports back on how it looked and sounded.

I'll update this further after the first proper test in the races tonight.

b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 05:20:36 PM +0100 »

Sounds interesting H.  Good luck with it.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:25 PM +0100 »

We can practically stream races if the tools I use (camtasia + adobe flash media live encoder) are run on the server machine and someone is there to control the cameras. Smiley As far as I observed it doesn't affect the quality of the connection and it takes very little computing power on a relatively modern PC.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:31:36 PM +0100 »

We can practically stream races if the tools I use (camtasia + adobe flash media live encoder) are run on the server machine and someone is there to control the cameras. Smiley As far as I observed it doesn't affect the quality of the connection and it takes very little computing power on a relatively modern PC.
A couple of issues with the UKGPL servers; who would want to turn to turn up not to race but just be a camera controller and we fire them up by remote ie do not access them directly and wouldn't have control of it under the server name (ie  driver UKGPL_T7_2).
Mind you if a few drivers use it in the races would be great if you get a disco or something, mind you would it? - you can watch what you are missing LOL
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:58:04 PM +0100 »

Yes, everyone can stream on their own if they want, it's not that difficult. You only need a copy of Camtasia v5 and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder. The former is not freeware, but obviously I found a cracked version.  Cheesy

As for servers, that's true, but it's doable for races where someone hosts on a PC/server which is located where they live and they have direct access to it, and are not racing themselves of course.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com