by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 12:05:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday night slot becoming free...  (Read 4761 times)
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2011, 01:37:05 PM +0100 »

Yep probably a lot later than most, I've realised whatever I'm doing isn't working as well as I'd like so I'll be calling it a day with the ACHS/ iRoC stuff at the end of the current season, leaving the Sunday slot free for anyone who fancies it.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction following the poor attendance at NHMS, probably more the cumulative affect of that, the busy schedule Club England have announced now and the comeback of ORO. My plan for the next series was sprint mixed class LM, SS and possibly Legends races but the day after ORO each week will just be overkill so it's not going to be viable.

I still plan on racing here when i can and in the enduros of course but I'd like to hopefully end the season with a decent couple of races @ Spa and leave it there for the time being at least.

I figure there's plenty of time for somebody else to start planning so if you'd like to have a shot at Sunday or presumably any other day you think would be suitable, just give Dave a shout to start the ball rolling.

A big thanks to all who've attended one of the 30 or so races we've run - we've had some giggles in cars we wouldn't have otherwised used so I don't think it's been a waste of time, but I don't think it's going to achieve the level of global popularity I once thought!  :'(

Season's not over - three more events in total so I hope to see you there for a decent iRoC finale.

Cheers,

James
Adam Parle
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:07:23 PM +0100 »

Cheers for the hard work James, shame it's not been as well attended as you hoped.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 02:15:59 PM +0100 »

+1

I've enjoyed the variety even if no one else did  Smiley

Darren Seal
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 02:55:21 PM +0100 »

Thanks for all your hard work James... It's a real shame that both iR leagues are struggling to attract the numbers required.... Sad
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:28:07 PM +0100 »

I've enjoyed the variety even if no one else did  Smiley

I'll have enjoyed it even more when I win. Grin

(And if that doesn't encourage people to join for the last few rounds and stop me I don't know what will! laugh)

To finish first, first you must have fins.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:47:19 PM +0100 »

Hahaha yes, I'm motivated Mr. Gymer don't worry about that - on reflection though I should have made the F1 round 10 mins to stand any chance whatsoever of scoring. Actually it's probably best you leave the results import to me this time hey Dave...I'd hate for anything to get tampered with post race Wink

Thanks anyway guys - been a pleasure, particularly Pete as you've probably been at more than I have so maximum respect that man Smiley.

Hopefully Dave will still let me run the occasional impromptu fun event if there's room in the schedule so we get to use some different machinery occasionally!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 04:29:17 PM +0100 »

Hopefully Dave will still let me run the occasional impromptu fun event if there's room in the schedule so we get to use some different machinery occasionally!

*cough* Silver Crown at VIR *cough* laugh

To finish first, first you must have fins.
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:57:52 PM +0100 »

Hahaha make it Okayama and you're on Smiley. Not actually bought it yet but I'd be prepared to...got a feeling Ross has it too ya know.

One more and we'll beat the attendance for Sunday's race...not that I'm bitter you understand.  hang
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 07:05:37 PM +0100 »

Well i hope we still see you around these parts soon Oily.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
GizMoTo

Team TFR

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:38 PM +0100 »

unfortunately I've either been away from home, not had the track, not had the car or even not known I've had the car and track until it was to late to do any practice for the race {didn't know which car the Late Model was Roll Eyes}
so all I can say is sorry for not attending Undecided
IanBassi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:19 PM +0100 »

Okayama is free, so you should already have it  Smiley

Ian
JazzGreenway
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 12:24:26 AM +0100 »

Unfortunately I can hardly attend the iRoC sundays due to other commitments or I would be all over it Sad
Cheers for hosting anyway James, looking forward to seeing you in the endurance races!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 01:01:20 AM +0100 »

Lightweight  Wink

Don't you be a stranger now yer hear!

Good luck with all your future endeavours mate, sorry the iRacing thing didn't turn out as well as you might of wished.

There's always GTL yer know  winkiss

Cheers

Tony

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:14 AM +0100 »

Ah don't mention it Ian, I missed a few myself - perhaps if we get the formula right we'll be able to get the same size of grids they do over at Club England but I don't think it'll happen with the kind of championships I like to organise unfortunately!

Cheers WT - no biggy really, still loving the driving so you've still got me for the duration here I'm afraid Smiley. Gutted to have missed Laurie's memorial race AGAIN, would definitely have been in that if I'd have spotted it in time and I dare say I'll come back at some point and stuff it into a barrier near you  Grin.

Thanks Jasper - looks like I've got more time for video making now hey!

Okayama is free, so you should already have it  Smiley

Ian

Ah yes, sorry Ian - didn't word it brilliantly but I was on about the Silver Crown, that monster horsepower kart thingymajig..
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 01:00:52 PM +0100 »

I dare say I'll come back at some point and stuff it into a barrier near you  Grin.

I'll look forward to that  Cheesy

In the meantime I still have the photo of you stopping to pick wild flowers at Cadwell Park to give me solice  Roll Eyes

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: