by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 08:58:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: FFB Wheel  (Read 7616 times)
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 05:41:38 PM +0000 »

Adam,
        having used both the Momo and DFP I can confirm that the DFP has only 2 clamps and a significantly smaller footprint.  If your pushed for space mate go for the DFP.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 04:48:06 PM +0000 »

Grin Just got my DFP yesterday, all I can say is WOW!, it makes such a difference! Even my mate in work is going to get one as well after using it, You just have to get one.

Adam Parle
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 06:14:03 PM +0000 »

Trust me, I'm gonna!!!! Hopefully I can sell my R440 to a mate, as it's only a couple of months old, and still going strong.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 04:18:20 PM +0000 »

I've just ordered a Momo Racing Force wheel for myself today.

I currently have a 4 year old MS FF wheel which I love and still works perfectly for GTR.
However there are know issues with this wheel(probably drivers) and GTL which I can now confirm first hand.

My force feedback is inconsistant to say the least. It gets very vague and light with delayed FF when in large grids.
Even in a smaller grid there are problems such as:
- when I go over a kerb the FF stops and takes a few bends to come back.
- if I spin then the force stays acting left ot right again until a few corners later.
- on the rare occasion that a kerb does cause some FF then this FF vibration usually stays for the rest of the race.

Also its a huge CPU drain. If I go to grid without the wheel plugged into the USB port then I get an extra 10 to 20 FPS!
I'm not sure if this CPU hit is the same with the Momo but I'll be able to let you know nex week  Cool
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 04:22:37 PM +0000 »

I'm not sure if this CPU hit is the same with the Momo but I'll be able to let you know nex week  Cool

My recollections are that the CPU usage of the MS offering was one of the big reasons people preferred the Momos in the days when the MS Wheel was still available. You shouldn't see anywhere near the same FPS hit with the new wheel.

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 04:38:23 PM +0000 »

Cheers Picnic, I cant wait to get it tbh. Even though I like the MSFF it's turning into a bit of a clunker at this stage  Roll Eyes

I'll do some comparison of FPS with the two wheels when I get it and post here for anyone who's interested.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 10:08:17 PM +0000 »

Woohoo I finally got the Momo Racing wheel and, well let's say... I'm impressed  Grin

Definitely lighter on the cpu because I can now set FF effects to full and still get better than before framerates.
Most noticeable though is that I get way smoother graphics when I'm cornering. I used to get stutters with the sidewinder cornering or when bouncing over kerbs etc - smooth as silk now.

Only concern is the pedal build quality, not joking but my 3 yr old sidewinder pedals are in better nick than these new logitech ones  Huh

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 11:58:00 AM +0000 »

It's the same witht he DFP Mo... rubbish really considering the money. My Cheapo Formula Force pedals were better than the DFP ones.

Glad you've got better gameplay now, but really, that's all the rest of us need- an even faster Mo.... Wink  Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 01:34:58 PM +0000 »

It's the same witht he DFP Mo... rubbish really considering the money. My Cheapo Formula Force pedals were better than the DFP ones.

Glad you've got better gameplay now, but really, that's all the rest of us need- an even faster Mo.... Wink  Grin

Hehe, the wheel characteristics are so different that I'll have to learn to drive all over again.
Unless I can tweak/config it to be like the Sidewinder I've been using for the last 3 years  Wink

On a serious note though they really need to do something with those pedals - as you say rubbish for the money.
If I could I'd use the old pedals with the new wheel then that would be an awesome combination. But I notice that the Momo has a five wire connection to the pots in the pedals, whereas the Sidewinder only has four.  Sad
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2005, 12:49:33 PM +0000 »

Rip the Sidewinder apart, get the board out, and buy a box from Maplin, then wire the stick the pedals in, and hot glue gun the whole lot up. Most games (and all sims) support dual controls...  Tongue

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2005, 05:51:34 PM +0000 »

Hey Fozz I can use both the Momo and the Sidewinder at the same time.

This allows me to steer with the Momo and use the Sidewinder pedals. I can also assign the clutch to be the accel pedal from the Momo and put the two sets of pedals beside eachother.

I gave it a try but the performance hit from having both sets plugged in bad news for my system.
Another downside is that Mrs Mo goes nuts when she has to fight through multiple controllers and wiring and various other kit when trying to check her mail.

So I've quit moaning and I'm just gonna use the Momo pedals , I'm sure I'll get used to them.........  before they break  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com