by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 12:06:21 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • i6e Watkins Boot - 03 Jul: July 03, 2011
July 03, 2011, 06:45:00 PM +0100 - Watkins Glen (Boot) - iRacing Season 6 Endurance - @iRacing.com
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Led Best Retirement
reason
Incidents
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
 Team Shark
Pontiac Riley MkXX (#36) Daytona Proto 3 +0.277
119.750mph
1 1:31:11.388
116.294mph
52 30 1:43.598
118.114mph
Pirelli  
Jamie Wilson
 FT-Ninecraft Racing
Pontiac Riley MkXX (#36) Daytona Proto 1 1:41.906
120.075mph
2 +4.810
116.192mph
52 9 1:43.155
118.621mph
Pirelli 4
Darren Seal
 Legends Racing
Pontiac Riley MkXX (#36) Daytona Proto 4 +0.482
119.510mph
3 +29.550
115.670mph
52   1:43.290
118.466mph
Pirelli 7
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 5 +25.821
95.801mph
4 +10L 42   2:08.154
95.482mph
Goodyear 3
Jasper Groeneweg

Ford Mustang FR500S (#40) GT3 9 +27.134
94.826mph
5 42   2:09.043
94.824mph
Goodyear 2
popabawa
 Legends Racing
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 6 +26.644
95.188mph
6 42   2:08.561
95.180mph
Goodyear 4
Burtoner
 Team Shark
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 8 +27.069
94.874mph
7 42   2:08.877
94.946mph
Goodyear 16
Jove

Pontiac Riley MkXX (#36) Daytona Proto 2 +0.062
120.002mph
8 +16L 36 13 1:42.675
119.176mph
Disco
Pirelli 11
picnic
 Team Shark
Ford Mustang FR500S (#36) GT3 7 +26.963
94.952mph
9 +44L 8   2:09.485
94.500mph
Disco
Goodyear 3
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
iRacing
GT3
2:07.727
95.801mph
Simon Gymer
Qualifying
Ford Mustang FR500SJuly 03, 2011, 06:45:00 PM +0100
i6e
iRacing
GT3
2:08.154
95.482mph
Simon Gymer
Race
Ford Mustang FR500SJuly 03, 2011, 06:45:00 PM +0100
i6e
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: i6e Endurance Sundays Round Seven - Watkins Glen Boot - 03 Jul  (Read 9297 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 09:12:09 AM +0100 »

With the DP team title still up for grabs I wonder if it's worth swapping to the DP for the last race to try and fend off those Legends.

I was going to suggest it on the TS forums and not tip our hand to them. laugh ninja

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jove

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 10:15:14 AM +0100 »

I've just been exclued from SPA and there is no chance of me competing for the title with that said i'll no longer be taking part in this series.
Adam Parle
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 10:45:36 AM +0100 »

I've just been exclued from SPA and there is no chance of me competing for the title with that said i'll no longer be taking part in this series.

There's a drop week David - taking that into account you're still in the running.
Darren Seal
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:45 AM +0100 »

Not the greatest race for me, but I guess I didn't deserve much more.  It was a manic day! After driving for over an hour, I only managed to get home and join the server just before qually.  With no practise and my Brands Hatch setup as a starting point, I was looking at an uphill struggle.  Roll Eyes

In Qualifying the the other 3 DP drivers were just too fast.  My Best time, which was still half a second off the pace, was the absolute maximum I could extract from the car.  Normally my optimal lap time suggests there's a few more tenths to gain, but last night my optimal was my fastest lap.

I started the race in 4th with the aim of hanging on to the back of Dave's bumper.  For the first 16 laps I managed exactly that.  However, when I started to lose contact due to lapped traffic I started to push too hard.  This led to me taking too much kerb at the chicane, which sent me into a spin...  Luckily I stopped within inches of the barriers, so no damage was done other than the 10 seconds lost. sweatdrop

With both David and Jamie having 'incidents' of their own I quickly found myself in 2nd.  When I saw Dave pit I decided to join him.  As usual the well oiled (or is it brine?) team shark pitting crew gained Dave another 2 seconds, and then to make matters worse, I left the pits to find Pops and Rob going two wide all the way down the straight, though the chicane and then around the Carousel.  There just wasn't enough room to pass them safely.  Not wanting to disturb their race I hung back, costing me 5 seconds, which put me back into the clutches of Jamie. Sad

The race was on!!!  With Dave 19 seconds down the road and Jamie only 3 seconds behind, I decided to go for it!!!  I wanted to see how badly damaged Jamie's car was.  Unfortunately the damage to his car wasn't that bad and every time I put in a low 1:43 lap, Jamie responded.  Lap after lap the gap between Jamie and myself remained at about 4 seconds.  However, the gap between Dave and myself was falling rapidly.  Shocked

With 12 laps to go Dave was only 7 seconds ahead.  However, my efforts quickly turned to defence with Jamie right behind me.  This was short lived, and Jamie took full advantage of me being held up by a Stang at the last corner to take 2nd.

I pushed hard to try to regain the position, but with 2 to go I clipped the wall at the last turn; leaving me to limp home in 3rd..

Well done Dave.  Faultless drive...

Silverstone is going to be interesting.   Looking at the points I see there are 3 of us still in with a chance of winning the title.  I guess it's winner takes all..  Shocked
Darren Seal
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 11:12:54 AM +0100 »

With the DP team title still up for grabs I wonder if it's worth swapping to the DP for the last race to try and fend off those Legends.

I was going to suggest it on the TS forums and not tip our hand to them. laugh ninja

Where is Mr Richards when you need him?  angel
Jamie Wilson

FT-Ninecraft Racing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 01:31:38 PM +0100 »

Typed on an iPhone, excuse typos!

I managed to qualify on pole with a 41.9; almost exactly matching my PB on my second run - but David was not far behind in the slightest; only half a tenth or so if memory serves, and with Dave hardly much behind that it was clearly going to be a tough race.

I waited for the lights at the start (as I feel that's technically what you're supposed to do contrary to what oval racers would have you believe) and bolted down to T1, maintaining my lead (just) at the exit. I noticed Dave in third had tried to get a run on me just before the lights; which would've worked a treat if it had been timed about 1 second later!

I defended *hard* against David because I knew from previous races that he has fantastic race pace; and that if I let him through that would've been the last I'd see of him, but ultimately after some ... adventurous laps as far as the chicane is concerned while I was finding my feet, he got me as I ran slightly wide. It was an almighty scrap while it lasted.

From that point I found myself drifting back into an equidistant void of around 7 seconds between David and Darren/Dave behind, until I saw some smoke in the distance - David had binned it going into the boot! I retook the lead and got my head down for some consistent laps.

Which was fine, until I overcorrected a slide at the final corner and went square sideways into the wall. With the exception of my tracking being slightly out I thought I had gotten away with it, but braking for the first corner caused my front left suspension to collapse, so I limped back to the pits carefully. Thankfully it was well within the window.

With the damage repaired, I emerged just ahead of an also recovering David and looked towards cruising to the finish; until Darren came out from his pitstop around 10 seconds up the road. I picked the pace up just on the offchance and sure enough I started cutting into his lead until it stabilised at around 4 seconds.

While we were at it, I noticed that our gap to Dave in the lead was coming down significantly, and with half an hour to go it looked like there may have even been a possibility of closing that down by the end, just, so I threw tyre conservation out of the window and absolutely went for it as if it was qualifying.

Darren, as at Brands Hatch, seemed to struggle with traffic slightly so I had to get past them as swiftly as possible to derive an advantage, and sure enough I slowly closed the gap over a 6-7 lap blitz to a second. I was right on him during a traffic kerfuffle at the last corner, took 2nd place and went after Dave.

By pushing that hard to catch up to Darren though, I had taken the best out of my tyres, so the rate we were catching Dave slowed to enough of an extent that the win was out of reach. I brought the car home in second some 5 seconds behind.

Just goes to show that you don't need loads of people to have a good race - there may have only been a few of us but I think that's the most evenly matched we've been all season.

Mustangs as always were superb. I was having to really force the issue a few times especially at the start with David right up my gearbox, but everyone did really well.

Looking forward to the last race and a proper full time entry next season!

Jamie Wilson
FT-Ninecraft Racing
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 05:54:31 PM +0100 »

There's a drop week David - taking that into account you're still in the running.

Yep - all it's really done is jiggle the gaps around. If you win, David, you'll finish on 1089, and the most Darren or I can finish on is 1064 or 1071 respectively if either of us finish second. So it's still all to play for.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Raimo Piiksi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 10:35:08 AM +0100 »

...Shame to not see Raimo there to put up a fight and the lack of DPs was disturbing.

Aaaargh! I started holiday on friday, and was totally oblivious that there where races this weekend. Came 1 hours late for racestart. But seeing it only was 9 racers, isn't that an unofficial race? re-race? lol. ohh well dang it.

Grats to Simon for the win and the championship.
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 08:19:51 PM +0100 »

Hi all just thought I right a quick report, nothing major, didnt have any practice before the race, only bit of qualifying etc, was still getting used to running 3 monitors and a massive FOV setting.

Got inside Pops at turn one, but only to find someone else was on the inside of me, then quickly thinking 3 wide isnt going to work, got some slight damage, did a lap but then spun going into pitlane, did my pit stop and repair, came out about 40secs behind the rest of the field in my class.

Apologies to Pops about that incident, was my only incident of the whole race.

Kept going was bit of a lonely race, till Pops came to pit had a nice clean battle at last corner all way up to the chicane where he got ahead of me, I then brought the car home 4th in class.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: