The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 06:24:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you have or do you plan to buy, this expansion pack?  (Voting closed: July 12, 2011, 01:20:10 PM +0100)
YES - 8 (61.5%)
NO - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Retro Expansion Pack for Race 07  (Read 5021 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:10 PM +0100 »

Just trying to estimate whether it's worth running a series for this.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:15:40 PM +0100 »

think you should have a third option in the poll:-  'maybe...depends if we are going to run it !'  Wink  keep reading good comments about it elsewhere so does make me think, what the heck, its only 5euros. Seems like a few think the mini is pants, but many of the other cars get a favourable comment.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:18:46 PM +0100 »

Your probably right  Roll Eyes

I have only tries the Mini so far and seemed like good fun to me. Still have to find the time to give the other cars a fair go tho.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 03:08:00 PM +0100 »

just tried out a few of the retro 'max' cars and they are great fun. All slippery tyred oversteer, tyre smoke and exhaust flames  Cool Can see some great racing with these  Smiley

lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 12:12:39 AM +0100 »

I had great fun driving the Opel Commodore around the Green Hell..... thumbup1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QblxFJao2fA&feature=player_profilepage

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:27:29 PM +0100 »

Nice slide there Lazlow.

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:18:28 PM +0100 »

yeah loving these old beasts over the bumps at zaandvoort, great fun.  Cool   You tried the camaro out yet? Great fun with opposite lock power slides

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:20:39 PM +0100 »

Just enjoyed a few hours with the RD boys racing Retro 'cool' class then the Max class at zaandvort. Excellent fun, you can have some fantastic close racing in these cars.  Cool

Only prob with the cool class is the mini is just way too quick for the other cars in class. Might even out on a faster track than zaand mind  Undecided

The Max class cars are superb.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:57 AM +0100 »

Another double bill race over at RD this sunday eve using both the 'max' and 'cool' cars at the new track Poznan  Cool

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-racing-club/59507-retro-cool-retro-max-poznan-sunday-17th-july-2011-a.html

It was great fun last sunday, so recommended !

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:06 PM +0100 »

you guys tried Poznan yet? Great track for powersliding the camaros around  Cool The camaros are real beasts, good fun, as are the vettes.

lazlow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:22 PM +0100 »

Another double bill race over at RD this sunday eve using both the 'max' and 'cool' cars at the new track Poznan  Cool

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-racing-club/59507-retro-cool-retro-max-poznan-sunday-17th-july-2011-a.html

It was great fun last sunday, so recommended !
Sorry MJ can't make this Sunday Sad got a GTR2 Enduro to do.
Will definitely try and make next week though Cool
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:02:00 PM +0100 by lazlow » Logged

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 02:02:00 PM +0100 »

I like all the Retro Max cars and they do seem to be quite well balanced depending on driving preference or style. I think they would make a nice little series here but would prefer not to have spec races. I think having all the (Max) cars available for each race will provide better racing and be a lot more fun.

Not so keen on the Cool cars and don't think I'd bother racing them and I have no interest in hillclimb  yawn

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 03:53:50 PM +0100 »

you guys tried Poznan yet? Great track for powersliding the camaros around  Cool The camaros are real beasts, good fun, as are the vettes.

I would highly recommend trying official version of Poznan track, witch can be downloaded here: http://simracing.pl/liga/sls_commerc/index.php?mod=downloadcenter&Download=753

SimBin version may look better, but Simracing.pl version(it's still just v0,7) is a lot closer to real life. That's mostly because guys from SimBin never been there, when guys from SRPL went to Poznan and measured everything Wink

Poznan Track: SimBin vs SimRacing.pl :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOb5yZ4UCWA

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 07:41:05 PM +0100 »

got to say having just watched that head to head vid, that theres not a lot in it to be honest  Undecided  I am sure you know your local track better, but other than a few slight elevation changes (on a reasonably flat track), simbin did a pretty good job of it. I was expecting some glaring discrepancies when i read your post....bit like the Simbin flattened out paddock hill drop of my local track Brands Hatch !  Tongue

Re the cars, id agree GT, the max class is great fun and several cars can be picked and raced againt each other. The cool class has the mini 3 secs faster a lap than other cars, but i found driving the old beemer and the volvo amazon a real hoot. Smiley

Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 11:37:43 AM +0100 »

got to say having just watched that head to head vid, that theres not a lot in it to be honest  Undecided  I am sure you know your local track better, but other than a few slight elevation changes (on a reasonably flat track), simbin did a pretty good job of it. I was expecting some glaring discrepancies when i read your post....bit like the Simbin flattened out paddock hill drop of my local track Brands Hatch !  Tongue

I haven't been there, but according to guys who been there. There's quite a lot differences between SimBin's track and real one Wink Elevation changes are just easiest to see.
Simracing.pl version is simply closer to real life than SimBin's version. Just compare it, to the real life onboards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dhcvs9y00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1Sss536mI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CALqjF3bes
Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com