by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 10:52:48 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Mustangs at Dawn: December 19, 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mustangs at Dawn - 19th Dec  (Read 4552 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 09:48:43 PM +0000 »

Great stuff, thanks for the side by side action, especially with JonM and MaddRIP.
Glad that was my first outing in GTL or GTR since I got back.

EDITED - Server replays and exports now available here... http://ukgtl.simracing.org.uk/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 09:17:08 AM +0000 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 09:52:33 PM +0000 »

Much smoking of tyres, great fun.

Managed to qualify 2nd, was a welcome novelty to be only 8 tenths behind Leuven.  Wink Got a bad start and 3 cars went past me with some good clean moves. Struggled a bit with the low light - a couple times I braked miles too early for the last corner which must have been a shock for the cars behind me. Finished 4th I think.

These cars are excellent for close racing.  Smiley

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 09:53:28 PM +0000 »

<<<<< Stupid Butcher.

First race, didn't brake hardly enuf for the first corner, got sideways, badly, got clipped, rolled over twice I think at about P7. Sorry for everyone who got trapped in that.

After that I had a lot of catching up to do with a really damaged rear axle or something, giving me stupid amounts of smoke coming thru all the corners. It seemed to handle better than my setup tho, and could get the power on a little earlier too. I kept looking in my mirror to see how much smoke I was making...

Second race was good, stuck it out for a while before my stupidity returned. had a trip across the gravel and re-muscled my way infront of Shark, who I kept behind me for longer than I ever have (about a lap and a half)! When he got passed I had a good go at nurfing him off, so I pressed [ESC], (On my monitor I didn't hit you, I don't know if I actually did, but I check the "monitor" and you were still running).

I think I'm still in game mode for GTL really, I need more fun races to get me out of bad habits made playing computer cars.

Fozz

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 09:55:47 PM +0000 »

Yike! That was my first GTL race with you guys, could you tell? Wink

Managed a big ole spin at the same point each race, the 2nd time under some heavy pressure from Shark who I'd manfully blocked for a couple of laps, mostly accidental as I was so out of control!

Fun though, even in those hateful Mustangs!

Pops 

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 10:05:48 PM +0000 »

Biding my time (in both cases  Wink Wink Tongue)

Both myself and Gizmo have always been good at standing starts (dates back to GPL days), so always manage to stream past some fishtailing fiends off the start.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 10:07:21 PM +0000 »

Usual set of Simbin disasters for me online, got joined okay but went out on track and only had 2/3rds accelerator. Tried everything in options and left game and came back but nothing changed.
Restarted pc and tried to join back in but you had gone to qualy and it wouldnt let me in ?...Cant you join qualy seshs like you can in GTR?

As usual all worked fine in single player mode Roll Eyes

Better luck next time Huh :'(

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 10:13:33 PM +0000 »

Bad luck Mark. Did you try unplugging the pedal cable? That would recalibrate my Momo, which is a similar wheel and uses the same drivers.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2005, 11:02:39 PM +0000 »

Well, that was fun! I have to admit I don't really like Zolder - I always get a bit 'lost' in the first 3 corners, and find that 2nd lumpy chicane to be really irritating, but I enjoyed the races tonight Smiley

Had a good dice with Iain in the first race, until I ran out of fuel Roll Eyes
Made a few dumb-ass mistakes in the 2nd race, but had a good scrap with Don and a few others

I think I have full replays (including a grandstand seat for that incredible flip, well done fozzmeister Cheesy ) for both races, so let me know if you want them.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2005, 11:17:22 PM +0000 »

Well, that was fun! I have to admit I don't really like Zolder - I always get a bit 'lost' in the first 3 corners, and find that 2nd lumpy chicane to be really irritating, but I enjoyed the races tonight Smiley

Had a good dice with Iain in the first race, until I ran out of fuel Roll Eyes
Made a few dumb-ass mistakes in the 2nd race, but had a good scrap with Don and a few others

I think I have full replays (including a grandstand seat for that incredible flip, well done fozzmeister Cheesy ) for both races, so let me know if you want them.

I think i was in the middle of a mustang sandwhich with yiou on the left(outside) and gwgreenwood? on the right (inside) and closing fast Grin with nowhere to go  Shocked

Managed to pull through though, then unded up being hit from behind i think while braking/ going into the first chicane and joining Shark who beat me to the freshly mowed lawn about 20 mtrs away facing me lol.

Eventually caught up to the podium runners and had a little "moment" when in second behind Dave G.
I managed to compose myself and catch back up then pass to take the Win.

It was great to see those cars sideways coming out of the turns, (and into sometimes Shocked) Its still great remembering looking in my mirror to see a "Stang" going sideways Hollywood movie style Grin Cool

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 11:48:58 PM +0000 »

Its still great remembering looking in my mirror to see a "Stang" going sideways Hollywood movie style Grin Cool

This is part of the problem, I have no self control :-)

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 06:31:03 AM +0000 »

That was lovely stuff. I could feel my sideburns going in volume and length. The cars felt so easy to control into and out of a big juicey slide. Had quite a poor frame rate at the begining of the race but seemed to come good at the end, just in time for a great sliding battle with Shark  Cool  Cool

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 07:18:40 AM +0000 »

Eventually caught up to the podium runners and had a little "moment" when in second behind Dave G.
I managed to compose myself and catch back up then pass to take the Win.

First race was a bit of a learning exercise, given that I'd done no practice, didn't know the track well, and hadn't actually played GTR or GTL for over 3 weeks. Made a dog's breakfast of the start (sorry to anyone I bumped in turn 1 Embarrassed ) but gradually improved my lines by watching others.

Second race was very different. The random grid put me at the sharp end, and I was rapidly into 3rd place. Having muscled my way rather abruptly past Don for the lead whilst Madd-RIP tried every trick in the book to get past (fantastic racing!), about half way through, suddenly there was Leuven, and I knew that it was going to take something really special to keep first place to the flag.

Even with a few mistakes I took heart seeing the aforementioned "moment" in turn 2, but even with that I had neither the talent nor the tyres to stay ahead, and had to concede the lead with two laps to go. Roll Eyes

It was great to see those cars sideways coming out of the turns, (and into sometimes Shocked) Its still great remembering looking in my mirror to see a "Stang" going sideways Hollywood movie style Grin Cool

I found going sideways into the turns at least as effective (if not more so) at scrubbing off speed than the Mustank's laughable imitation brakes. Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 08:22:23 AM +0000 »

Enjoyed that even though I made far too many mistakes Undecided
That was a first for me using manual gears and clutch, it kind of added to the overall enjoyment. I was surprised the only time I had to use the clutch was at the start, it went up and down the gear box without needing to engage the clutch
Adam Parle
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 09:53:39 AM +0000 »

Gutted I missed this one, seemed to have been bags of fun....so when's the next GTL fun race then?

[EDIT] That'll be Thursday ... when I've got my works Xmas do.  ARSE!  Ah well, more offline practice for me then...
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2005, 11:00:30 AM +0000 »

Yeah, would have loved to have driven in this one. Don, as long as you rev match well you should never need to use the clutch apart from for a good start and after a spin Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com