Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:50:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21Nov Monza: July 12, 2011
July 12, 2011, 09:42:12 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Novices (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 1:37.669
---
1 40:17.679
---
24 1:38.422
---
Goodyear  
karlisss

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +1.065
---
2 +1.771
---
24 1:39.332
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +0.974
---
3 +3.476
---
24 1:37.861
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 5 +0.709
---
4 +5.479
---
24 1:38.314
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +1.459
---
5 +10.637
---
24 1:38.995
---
Dunlop  
economia

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 3 +0.549
---
6 +14.806
---
24 1:38.695
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +0.986
---
7 +24.742
---
24 1:39.512
---
Dunlop  
Cookie

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.631
---
8 +31.682
---
24 1:39.438
---
Dunlop  
AuldenA

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 16 +3.384
---
9 +39.616
---
24 1:40.344
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 14 +1.625
---
10 +40.523
---
24 1:38.719
---
Goodyear  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +1.373
---
11 +45.983
---
24 1:39.391
---
Dunlop  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 2 +0.108
---
12 (+5) +49.866
---
24 1:37.581
---
Dunlop  
blito
 Nessuna Speranza
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 10 +1.217
---
13 (+1) +1:34.622
---
24 1:39.466
---
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 15 +1.953
---
14 +1:35.463
---
24 1:39.655
---
Goodyear  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 17 +7.373
---
15 +1L
---
23 1:40.843
---
Goodyear  
maestro57
 Black Night Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 13 +1.505
---
16 +9L
---
15 1:39.373
---
Dunlop  
DuFossa
 Team Coyote
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +0.813
---
17 +19L
---
5 1:39.264
---
Goodyear  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 18 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL.65

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 19 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

A return to Monza for the Novices where the Tifosi were hoping for a fine display from the Prancing Horses.
HappyAl set the crowd alight with his fantastic front row on the grid.
They erupted when led the way into Curva Grande for the first time, so imagine the euphoria and delerium that would follow when he brought it home for a ..... oh.

The mods are also taking the opportunity to remind all drivers about the rules regarding Stop n Go after a Shift/R reset. Every SHIFT-R must be followed by a Stop n Go, regardless of blame.

Well, onto the mod then.

Server replay time: 0h01m00s

There are two early incidents in the race, one of them before we even reach the first corner.
Billy is catching RogUK who in turn is catching Norm whos is in turn catching DuFossa.
Du Fossa is forced to slow as Norbert quickly moves across the front of him, almost hitting him.
Norbert has seen Blito come from his left hand side so does not expect DuFossa to be there when he moves over.
All the line of cars behind Du Fossa also slow and Billy does too but loses control under braking and slides across the path of Fran who cannot avoid him.
Billy and Fran decide they will take out a Honda and after just missing Paul's they opt for Bookie's instead.
Billy then decides to take the shortest route back to the pits but his engineer radios him and calls him a %$@#ing *%^$ and he decides to take the more traditional route and turns round before continuing on his lap.

We do not generally punish incidents caused by a loss of control so it would seem unfair to punish Billy as the chain of events was actually caused by Norbert wiping the nose of Du Fossa, though even he had only moved over after seeing Blito emerge from his left.

However, all drivers are advised that they may need to stick to their own side of the grid from the start until after T1 if necessary as they cannot always be sure of what is around them.

Server replay time: 0h01m10s

Jonny spins of his own accord.
Norbert tries to avoid him but is clipped and spins which causes a warp contact with Fabio.
Du Fossa approaches the incident and slows but has nowhere to go to avoid a collision.
Nhance slows and takes to the grass but still gets hit by BadBlood.
RogUK also slows as he sees tyre smoke and skidmarks but loses control and taps NHance before spinning himself.
BadBlood also sees the incident developing and slows but could have slowed a little more in hindsight.
Aulden is another who slows but could have slowed more.
Interestingly though, all of the drivers approaching the incident were being shown a green flag that was caused by Billy's little fracas and they reacted purely to what was happening in front of them at 150mph.

Server replay time: 0h10m05s

Al Baldwin takes on the Hedge at Lesmo2 in a brave attempt at avoiding a spinning Pete Maestro. However flooring the throttle seemed to be the only way to convince the Hedge to release it's grip. The trick here is being ready to wrestle your car back under control once set free, if at all.

Meanwhile, Pete had completed the dance portion of his lap with a near-perfect 180deg pirouette, and was getting up to speed again - just as the Hedge decided it was fed up wearing red and spat Al out - straight into Pete's path where a major contact occurred, requiring Pete Maestro to reset. Unfortunately Pete forgets to make his stop.

Drivers are reminded that when they take a Shift-R they MUST now take a stop and go regardless of fault.

Server replay time: 0h10m58s

Du Fossa loses control at Parabolica and an eager Badblood goes a bit deep into the corner in an effort to pass. They touch and BB ends up facing the wrong way. In his eagerness to get going BB drives into Du Fossa and his car literally explodes. Du Fossa forgets that he can reset and BB drives off with a red face.

The initial collision on the track is avoidable but BB had tried to take a tighter line but failed and DuFossa was out of control as his car turned towards BB.

The collision on the grass cannot escape punishment though as BB should have waited for DuFossa to move away which would have given himself a clear path to rejoin.

Blatant Bad Rejoin : Penalty 2 places (see below)

I am then going to individually mitigate for each of these factors;
Reduce to 1 place as the other driver could not be considered to be in full control either
Reduce to Warning as it cannot be said you were attempting to get straight onto the racing line
Reduce to Caution as the other driver also attempted to drive straight back on to the track (albeit fractionally sooner)

Server replay time: 0h11m05s

Blito follows Economia towards Curva Grande and appears to rear end him.
The server shows no actual contact and Blito had not been right behind Economia for a long time, he had looked to overtake and then fell in behind him on the approach, thus not inviting a warp contact.

Warp Incident

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h16m50s

Axel, Blito and Karliss head away from Lesmo 2 almost three abreast and Axel suffers a warp contact from Blito.
Blito is close to the centre line but doesn't cross it, however he may not be aware that karliss is now on Axels' right.

Warp Incident

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h17m56s

Karliss railrides through Curva Grande

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h19m29s

Axel and fran approach Parabolica together, and having approached several corners together already this season they will know what the other one will do and will surely avoid any ..... oh.

This is a genuine hard fought contested overtake between cars of differing performance and Axel picks the inside line early leaving Fran to go around the outside with the extra horsepower. Fran closes quickly and looks to have the job done but Axel is not giving it up easily and the two fight to get back on the power before the other.

Both drivers try to stick to their lines through Parabolica but both run wide while still under control. Axel is close to the centre line if not straddling it and Fran points his car back towards it, but it is Axel who wins the battle of the throttles and he pulls clear of Fran.

Just as he does so, Fran suffers a violent reaction to a contact not shown on the server replay that is clearly warp related, which is a great shame as this was a great battle that didn't deserve to end like that.

Both drivers contribute to the warp as Axel moves out towards the centre line and Fran steers back towards it.

As the driver on the outside in instances like this it is advisable to leave plenty room or the potential is always there for a warp incident to occur and it will almost always affect the outer car. That said, it would be unfair to punish either driver as both did try to race cleanly.

Warp Incident

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h19m57s

Blito is leaving the pits. Badblood decides to pass on the left, no the right, no the left... arrrggghhhh. Blito has moved to the left side of the track and BB has hit him although the server shows no actual contact.

In hindsight, BB should have stayed well left (or used his brakes/noodle) and Blito should have stayed right until he was up to racing speed. he also continued to move right after hearing and seeing other cars approaching.

This is a warp incident which do not always get punished, but Blito should take far more car when leaving the pits and drivers should always give way to those at racing speed.

• blito (Jason Blito)penalty — Appallingly Bad Rejoin — also, 1 place lost for penalty points

Server replay time: 0h20m25s

Al Baldwin and Aulden cotest Lesmo 1 where Audlen suffers a contact or warp and is pushed to the wall before continuing apparently unaffected.

Both drivers make great efforts to keep to their own side of the track but Al touches the inside kerb which doesn't help him.
The contact(if there is any) occurs near the centre line.

Server replay time: 0h21m35s

Karliss railrides through Lesmo 1

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h22m50s

At the exit of Ascari, Al seems fixated on the gearbox of Axel's Cooper and misses his opportunity for a successful pass as he is too busy admiring cogs. He brakes way too late and although desperately taking evasive action he is too late.

Server replay time: 0h22m58s

Al is having a 'mare. After mashing Cookie's axle and playing in the sand at Parabolica he carefully times his rejoin to take Pete out in the middle of the racetrack! Pete resets and a lap later spins and gives up in disgust. Pete once again fails to take a stop.

It is worth noting that if Pete had remembered to take his stop Al couldn't have hit him!

We draw a veil over Al trying to hit Billy...

Server replay time: 0h30m18s

Axel passes Aulden on the inside at Curva Grande.
Aulden is keeping too tight a line with Axel on his inside and should give him more room.
Axel moves out towards the centre line and Aulden suffers a small warp contact which knocks him towards the outside wall.

Server replay time: 0h33m55s

Fabio spins entering Parabolica and sits across the track where he is hit by a slowing Jonny who was following him.

• Racing incident

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Novices (65) - Monza (GP 1955-71) - Jul 12  (Read 9007 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:45 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 21 65 Novices Trophy
Race 6 Monza

Round 6 of the Novices Trophy is at the fastest circuit on the calendar, Monza, the cathedral of motorsport.  Built in Villa Reale park north of Monza and officially opened on 3 September 1922. The 1933 race was marked by the deaths of three drivers and the Grand Prix layout was changed, with two chicanes added and the longer straights removed. The first grand prix after WW2 was held on 17 October 1948. The high speed banking was added in 1954. 1961 had a fatal accident, with Wolfgang von Trips and fourteen spectators dying near the Parabolica. Despite the fact that the bankings were not involved in that accident, F1 never raced on the oval again (except in the film Grand Prix made in 1966). The 1000 km Monza staged the last event on the banking in 1969. Various 'safety' measures were introduced in subsequent years with additional chicanes and run off areas.

Drivers should be especially careful on lap 1 as usual but especially under braking with cold brakes and tyres at the Lesmos and please keep to your own side of the track through the Curva Grande unless you are sure that there is no one alongside.

Please see the Novices registration thread for an explanation of the chassis allocations shown below:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9196.0

FULL TIME
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS  
Billy NoBrakes
BT11
Nigel Smith
Honda
Maddog
Cooper
Il_Lupo
Ferrari
HappyAl
Ferrari
NHance
BT7
Norbert
Ferrarii
Blito
BRM
RogUK
Cooper
BadBlood
Honda
Francesco
Ferrari
Karliss
Cooper
Cookie
Cooper
DuFossa
BT11
Economia
BRM
JonnyO
BT11

RESERVE
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS  
Maestro
Cooper
Bookie
Fragfritz
GTA66
s2173
BT11
ivandjj
BT11

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left so as to give the FULL TIME drivers chance to join, and drivers are not to go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Novice races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents will be moderated.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL5
IP address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race date = 12/07/2011
Time = 21:00 UK time
Track = Monza
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 35 minutes
Race length = 24 laps
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used.
http://bit.ly/d8dECl

Driver lists can be found on the Novice Championship Page
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:54:59 AM +0100 by miner2049er » Logged

karlisss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:11 AM +0100 »

you forgot Jochen Rindt 1970 at Monza....

GPLrank67 +39.5
GPLrank65 +44.5
http://www.karlisvitols.com
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:03:12 PM +0100 »

So frustrating in many ways but so much fun in others. Sorry to Du Fossa who I blatted whilst we were both in the sand at Parabolica. Sorry to Cookie for spinning in front of him and finally BIG thanks to Jason. First he confuses me coming out of the pits making me crash out and go last - mind you I took him with me despite there being no contact. Then he undertakes me in the pits... and then we have a fantastic wheel to wheel battle. Finally I crash coming to Para and he is half a mile up the road.... whats this? I'm catching him fast - he must have had problems - ah yes - clearly he has engine issues - no acceleration. Luckily just as I catch him, his engine picks up and we have three more laps... final time into Lesmo, I have to keep close so I can get a tow and undercut into Para - there is NO defence... Unfortunately, me being me I bugger it up, touch the armco and spin.

Big fun though and big thanks to UKGPL's JB who is a better chap than that other JB. Proud to call him a mate... Er... Jason, not Jenson Wink

Lot of work for 14th though.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
karlisss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:27:28 PM +0100 »

Congratz Johny'O !!!
MONZA, i think this was a race with most lead changes in this season.

this was very very exciting race for me. Fighting all race long!!!!!!
(thanks to Cookie practise server and sparing partner Smiley , that was very very helpful, cos Monza is track with worst blind spots imo)

I was very lucky several times, cos started from P9, and avoid several Warp crashes just infront of me.
Sorry for Cookie and blito.  We had great, tight 3car to car fightat at Top3... i tried to hold Coopermates strategy, til some lap 10, when Cookie  fly-high 20m infront of me (and i was scared cos maybe its me who somehow with warp hit him), so that was only thing i was afraid of during all race long , sorry mate whatever happened there.
Next i raced behind faster Blito and realy thoght, great, this will be the Blito's race (cos i was in Cooper) until his engine blew and smash all dirt and oil in my face ninja sorry...
so i was first time in lead, but didnt expect nothing cos all cars behind me was faster, Johny'o and Francesco, i  felt like some granfather when they overtaked me on back straight....
BUT, i knew that race is finished not after 12/24 laps... so i kept pushing to be close to them, and indeed, i got my second race lead just 5laps til finish, when both fastguys were in Parabolica sand...
AND THIS WAS A MOMENT WHEN I SAW HOW "FAST" COOPER IS ON ENDLESS STRAIGHTS.....
(of corse for short moment there was a little hope for Win.. but i get realistic as soon saw pribluda)
so gratz again Johny'O, and i am proud that Cooper lost only 1.77sec Smiley
also handshake for Franchesco in P3.
Smiley
thanks all and se ya in next race!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:33:23 PM +0100 by karlisss » Logged

GPLrank67 +39.5
GPLrank65 +44.5
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 12:15:41 AM +0100 »

To becalm you, Karlis, you had nothing to do with this high flying Cookie Cheesy

Was my own fault!

I shouldn't have played games with Jason, as we did on my server with Martin.
Especially as we all saw the warping around!   cursing
I was so euphoric that our Coopers worked so well, that I forgot to keep cool, as you did perfectly!
Luckily Jason was not much affected by our warp contact and my Cooper was still fine.

The high flying Cookie came down on 9th position.
Survived some other close encounters unhurt.   
Had a great fight with Aulden for finaly 8th position.

Yeah
This was great fun racing!
But it was a real league race, where I should behave as a cool racing driver! nono

Greetings
chef

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 02:25:43 AM +0100 »

Thanks Karlisss
  Well .. I was very surprised with the BT11, a car that is little known.

And from the beginning he was very fast. At the start I'm always too slow, I use the keyboard.

And I was in the big curve on the outside and a wheel peghou the lawn and ran.

Then I did a recovery run and won many locations because of other accidents. I even had an accident at the end, but the dish is very difficult to use the brake, it is very slow. Monza is special for the whole story, though I'd really like to hear once in a lifetime. H16 engine, I think it's impossible for one who is so far.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:29:32 AM +0100 by JonnyO » Logged
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 06:32:02 AM +0100 »

Lap 20(more or less),position 10,approaching the Parabolica an insect on the face got me going into the sand.Donated the 10place at Nobrakes and lost a possible 9 position.Damn insect Angry
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 07:05:28 AM +0100 »

Well that was a truly eventful race, with maybe 6 or 7 different race leaders, loads of overtaking and a few warp incidents...
Lets start with the start.. I was up for it tonight, starting in P10 i judged the flag perfectly and leapt of the line, moving up 6 places by T1! When Jonny O and Economia went to play in the Parabolic sand that became P2! I had great fun battling with the guys for the lead and was just about holding my own... First problem though was when Economia slipped past into the lead - I allowed myself to get too close in the tow and all it took was a touch of warp and the E-man went flying Sad .. Next up was the aforementioned warp contace with Cookie, disapointing as we were both giving each other plenty of respect and plenty of room! By about half distance the pace of the race proved too much for the BRM - there was a flash and a bang and then an eerie silence -
(S+R)x(S+G)= 12 (place) , exiting the pits I was picking up speed when I got rammed by an out-of-control Badblood (sorry m8 but my replay shows full contact, about 75% of the cars width!!!) Another stop+go followed,this time in tandem with BB... He stopped in front of me and almost in the middle of the pitlane - I got the jump on him by passing on the RIGHT of his stationary car, just sqeezing between the honda and the garage, probably sending his mechanics scurrying for cover!  What followed was an EPIC battle with the Bloodmeister for 13th place, a good fair fight that ended in my favour thanks to Paul getting over-excited and forgetting to brake for Lesmo..
Over all some great racing, some great comedy moments (such as my getting the wrong side of the pit wall and going through the pit lane at 143mph!) and a very enjoyable evening!

Jason Blito
karlisss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 07:43:22 AM +0100 »

ups.
i mess podium positions, sorry Francesco and Fabio
(one that i congrats with P3 - and that can be painful when you actualy are far from P3, and other,that i didnt congrate)
Congrats Smiley

AND not a 6 lead changes as i thought but 12!!!!!
LEADERS

Driver                           Laps
Axel Cookie                      1
Jason Blito                      2
Axel Cookie                      3
Jason Blito                      4-5
economia economia                6
Jason Blito                      7-8
Axel Cookie                      9
Jason Blito                      10
Karlis Vitols                    11-12
J Jonny'O                        13-17
Fabio 65 Locarno                 18-19
Karlis Vitols                    20-21
J Jonny'O                        22-24

Number of lead changes: 12
Number of leaders: 6

GPLrank67 +39.5
GPLrank65 +44.5
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 07:50:57 AM +0100 »

out-of-control Badblood (sorry m8 but my replay shows full contact, about 75% of the cars width!!!)

Wow - warpy or what! I was taking avoiding action... I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:16 AM +0100 »

Hello everyone,

Before I start I own quite a few apologies, I haven’t indentified them all yet but I will check my reply and PM everyone, and of course fill in a report.

OK, onto my race. It can be summed up by the follow: The good, the bad and the ugly.

The Good.

I decided, for the first time this season, to do a real qualifying. By this I mean take the fuel out and try to go as fast as I could in qualifying. I normally don’t do this for a number of reason, the main one being that I’m normally still learning the track. Even though I’d only done 4 practice laps before qualifying started, I did know the circuit.

Qualifying went well, I start with about 10 laps of fuel and took a few laps to get everything up to temperature,  and went for it. I was surprised that I was 2nd on the grid already, and slowly chipped my lap time down. I saw from Prib that Johnny was on pole with a good time, but I was getting close and I thought I could beat it. Unfortunately I ran out of fuel before I could get all my sectors stitched together. Not to be disappointed as second on the grid was good, which leads us to….

The Bad.

I hadn’t done any practice starts, so going off the grid was a bit unknown. I was lucky as I got an OK start. I managed to get past Johnny, but Cookie had a great start and just got past me. Going into the first corner I knew that Cookie was there so gave him plenty of room. I also knew that he was driving a Cooper so I should have a advantage on the straight. I got a great drive out of Lesmo 2, so much so that I had to back off in the slight left corner, I choose the right hand lane very early so I’d be on the inside of the Parabolica. On the main straight I got him quite early, so I was in the lead of the race Smiley and this is where it starts going Bad. I couldn’t seen my brake markers, and I missed them. So I went straight on at the Parabolica and was in the gravel. I don’t think I hit anyone here, and I just took myself out.

I managed to get myself out of the gravel, and wasn’t too far back. I was in sixth at this point. I started getting everything back upto temperature and seeing where I was. I was surprised to see everyone just in front of me, I could still see first, and at this point I still thought I could win. I started to push to catch up to Peter. I managed to get on the back of him within a few laps, and was planning my over take. Peter made a mistake coming out of Lesmo 2, and spun. I tried to go around the outside of him but he tapped me into the bushes. I managed to get myself out of the bushes but I was then on track, on line going slowly, I tried to get to the other side of the track but it was too late. Someone tapped me, which was my fault as he had no where to go, and sent me spinning again. At this point I felt pretty bad, and unfortunately the red mist came down, which lead to…..

The Ugly.

This is a side of my driving which I hoped I left in the past, sorry to say I was wrong as it returned with a vengeance at Monza. It’s still a bit hazy, and I’ll need to check my reply for the full details of what happened to me.

Anyway, I was quite far back in the pack at this point, and wasn’t thinking about anything apart from getting back up the order. I should of taken time to get everything back up to temperature, but that went out of the window. I was pushing hard and was all over the place, I was messing up my braking going into the Parabolica and spinning. During one of these spins I collected another driver, put myself in the gravel and tried to rejoin off the racing line. Unfortunately I didn’t take into account that I’d just caused an accident so there were slow moving vehicles on the racing line so other drivers needed to come off the line, onto the tarmac that I was currently on. Sorry about that everyone.

Next thing I remember I was racing my old friend Cookie, because of the power of my Ferrari, and the lack of power of his Cooper I managed to get into his slip steam again. I tried a repeat of my pass on lap 1, i.e. going into the Parabolica, this had a worst result, because this time I collected Cookie. This resulted in another mess at the Parabolica that I caused.

After this I collected myself a little bit and settled down. Maybe this was because I was in some clear air for a change and managed to get myself back up to temperature. I noticed that Billy was about 8 seconds in front, I started to push to close the gap. After a few laps I was on the back of Billy, I had managed to calm myself down so I didn’t do any silly moves this time and was planning on what I was going to do. Whilst I was thinking about passing him, instead of driving the car I made a small mistake at the Parabolica (big surprise) and spun. I got back on track quickly but Billy was gone, and it was the last lap.

So I finished my worse race performance since my second season in UKGPL. This race had so much promise for me, I qualified 2nd, was leading the race (only for a few meters) and had the fastest race lap. I threw away any chance of a win because of silly mistakes.

Sorry again for anyone who I caused an accident with, I feel a bit silly right now and hope that this is the last we see of that side of my driving.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 10:12:29 AM +0100 »

though I'd really like to hear once in a lifetime. H16 engine, I think it's impossible for one who is so far.

Having seen the H16 BRM race on many occasions I would say the sound was very dissapointing  Sad

Now the 1.5 liter supercharged V16 of 1950's was something else , a really unforgetable sound
 Smiley

NHance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:11 AM +0100 »

Apparantly Jonny is a keyboard driver -respect due.
Qually - I need a tow & I know who from. I am looking for HappyAl. I was about to report him as a missing person when he appeared near the front of the grid! Roll Eyes. Never mind Ecomania came along & gave me a blistering 3rd sector. It would have been better if he hadn't made a mess of the first 2. I cruised round looking for another tow. Tried Molteni - er... NO. Decided best on my own & in the last 2 laps equaled the time with Eco' & went better to give my final time.
Race - Only one major incident when close behind Rog & he smoked his tyres braking for Parabolica as he saw trouble ahead. I took avoiding action & went off. Overall in the race I went from 8th to 10th to 13th with the powerfull cars passing easily . It must have been an incident packed race because I passed the aftermath to some of 'em & was up to 6th. Then who should pass but Eco' so I tucked in for a tow which took me nicely clear of those behind. A small error & he was gone. After that I just maintained the gap behind & cut the revs to bring it home.
I noticed some changed their lines to avoid giving a tow but nothing to complain about & in one case it was warping as well. On to East London where there is also a long fast section. So what can I say - how about " see you there Eco'" Grin
Norm H
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 12:25:13 PM +0100 »

Oops I've a pm from one driver who on post race chat I asked (not accused) if he was moving about more than normal to break the tow or warping. No names but apologies are due & I've pm'd him. It was warping. obvious when you look at my personal pc replay. Very sorry - I only asked.
As I said above lots of drivers changed their lines I assume to break the tow. I've no problem with that & was not impeded in any way. Embarrassed Must think before opening mouth!
Norm H
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 04:00:41 PM +0100 »

Warping was pretty severe last night. At one point in qually I was on a really hot lap when a car appeared on me  Shocked

Wasn't sure who it was but sorry to whoever but I couldn't hear or see you...

Chasing Jason (we had an epic eight laps or so) he disappeared twice. Sadly he reappeared so no extra points there. This was the stage at which Al was being ugly but he simply drove away form us. JB and I slowed each other down a bit but we were still lapping in the 1:40. somethings which was OK. So respect to Al for disappearing up the road - he was speedy at times.

BTW Congrats to JJO - pretty good. and congrats to all the guys that finished - one busy race.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:03:54 PM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com