by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 01:27:37 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Mini Adventure: December 22, 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a mini adventure - UKGTL Fun Race - 22nd Dec  (Read 5544 times)
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 09:58:23 AM +0000 »

Don, I'm not sure meant to shift mid corner, rather be setup in the right gear for the corner. Sometimes its impossible tho.

I would have turned up, but FWD cars are carp, at least the way I drive them

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 10:20:23 AM +0000 »

Of course you can shift mid corner!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 10:26:17 AM +0000 »

i lost connection in the 3rd race but would have came back if i knew you lot were doing 7!

they were nice close races, tnx guys

GtrRank name = Iain
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 10:41:14 AM +0000 »

Great fun racing last night, i really enjoyed scrapping with the aliens on several races....not averse to giving a nudge off the track though are you Wink  I think i got nerfed off by just about every alien celebrity driver last night....and got rolled by the mighty Leuven  Shocked...thats one to tell the grand kids one day Grin
The minis were cool for close tight racing and the racing was fast and furious through the tight infield section, good stuff. Cool
I got several top 5 finishes so was happy with that.

The 'Stangs' were also a laugh but completely crap through the infield, might as well have been towing a caravan Grin  I love the sound of them and broadside power slides but what a handful. I'd hate to do an endurance in one Shocked

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 11:07:13 AM +0000 »

Great fun indeed - in fact I couldn't stop laughing juring the race at the sight of minis bouncing all over the place.

Quote from: 'Mark Jonso'
not averse to giving a nudge off the track though are you Wink  I think i got nerfed off by just about every alien celebrity driver last night....and got rolled by the mighty Leuven  Shocked

You did seem to get knocked about quite a bit Mark and in fact I got nurfed out of the way twice myself.
I was behind you when you were flipped and for a minute I thought you were going to come back down and  land on my poor little mini  Cheesy

Had a great clean scrap with Truetom in the first race and I had the biggest sideways moment ever seen in a mini at the little hairpin beside the pit entry  Shocked
I was so sideways that I had to look in the rearview to see where I was going lol.
Look forward to racing you in the NGT sprints Truetom  Cool
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 12:06:15 PM +0000 »

ah, you know how it is Mo, they couldnt get past me with my, ahem, superior race-craft in their space-craft Wink Grin

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 01:01:12 PM +0000 »

hmmmm great start to each of the races, went out of every race though through the suspension failure :'(

I'm using stick shift and manual clutch for everything, even GTR. Have found it to be a lot easier than I first thought
Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 03:43:21 PM +0000 »

This was my first race with u guys, really enjoyed it. Sorry about punting someone off at one point in the minis. Got to Love the Mustangs though Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 04:34:35 PM +0000 »

Great close racing with the mini's. I watched that battle in the first race between truetom and mo after missing the start  :'(  Mo really was driving that mini just like the boys from the Italian job, couldn't believe how he managed to not lose any time and keep going after that sideways moment  Shocked Found the mini's were less fun to drive than the mustang's but cus the racing was so close they was just as good to race  Smiley

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 10:55:34 PM +0000 »

Of course you can shift mid corner!

Yeh, but its hard to keep constant weight on different areas of the car while shifting, less so on the way down when your blipping as your force is coursed by braking and your only blipping to stop the wheels locking. On the way up on the exit, your going to have to move your foot from the accelerator (or even in GTR the autoclutch will disable the power), which causes a nasty balance destructive weight shift. Much better to get it sorted before hand, or at least place shifts no-where-near the apex. Of course its not always possible (that first complex @ Magny sprints to mind as being impossible to do without shifting).

So yes you can, but in my opinion, best to try and avoid.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 02:08:28 PM +0000 »

Hmmm, I understand where you're coming from but, I think, in the heat of it, the car weight it shifting around all the time anyway. Whether that's because I'm trail braking, or have the accelerator slightly pressed on entry, or whether because I'm backing off the throttle mid corner to let the coast kick in and point the nose or shifting as I accelerate out. You can't mean you only change gear in a straight line so, essentially, I suspect you do all that too!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2005, 02:42:42 PM +0000 »

For sure mid-corner I had to whack it up from 2nd to 3rd round that short track and in the mini.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2005, 11:23:14 AM +0000 »

Hmmm, I understand where you're coming from but, I think, in the heat of it, the car weight it shifting around all the time anyway. Whether that's because I'm trail braking, or have the accelerator slightly pressed on entry, or whether because I'm backing off the throttle mid corner to let the coast kick in and point the nose or shifting as I accelerate out. You can't mean you only change gear in a straight line so, essentially, I suspect you do all that too!

In GTR I kinda ignore it, as the shifts are quick, and the auto blip / clutch is very good. In GTL and rF I actively try and avoid shifting mid corner, at least till a point when it's mostly completed.

I just noticed that we're in the mini thread tho, LOL I don't think it makes no diff with a mini :-)

Iain

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2005, 01:09:37 PM +0000 »

the problem i was having in the mini, was we going all the way up 'that' hill, and then round the right hander hairpin by the pit entrance, i would go round fine, but accelerating out, when i shift from 1 into 2 the revs just died Sad

on gear 1 corners i usually enter in 2 apex in 1 and then accelerate away as normal though

GtrRank name = Iain
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2005, 01:18:02 PM +0000 »

Hi all I would like to point out that its almost impossible to get a racing mini or any other gear box of the A series into first whilst moving owing to the design.If one even grates the change it damages the engagement dogs and after that its had it. If any one was down in ist it is not very realistic. In my opinion the car does not drive anything like a race mini . The ones I drove and fiesta's come to that if the power is taken off in a corner they spin like a top . I was crap the car is nothing like I expected so will leave it alone.merry seasons wishes. gerald
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com