Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 11:05:43 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21His Nürburgring: July 19, 2011
July 19, 2011, 10:52:38 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Historic (66)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
McLaren M2B (Ford) F1 1966 1 8:18.301
102.531mph
1 50:04.428
102.032mph
6 8:14.953
103.225mph
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 43 (BRM) F1 1966 2 +10.642
100.387mph
2 +1:48.299
98.482mph
6 8:35.371
99.135mph
Firestone  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 4 +18.939
98.777mph
3 +2:46.428
96.677mph
6 8:39.242
98.396mph
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 9 +53.546
92.582mph
4 +4:50.123
93.047mph
6 8:58.152
94.938mph
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 7 +32.595
96.236mph
5 +1L
94.476mph
5 8:52.269
95.988mph
Disco
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 6 +30.757
96.570mph
6 +0.471
94.459mph
5 8:52.198
96.001mph
Disco
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA273 F1 1966 3 +12.719
99.979mph
7 +3L
94.508mph
3 8:36.633
98.893mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Rainier

Lotus 43 (BRM) F1 1966 10 +55.097
92.323mph
8 +25.467
93.046mph
3 9:00.890
94.458mph
accident
Firestone  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
McLaren M2B (Ford) F1 1966 11 +1:11.838
89.612mph
9 +46.931
91.850mph
3 9:05.402
93.676mph
Disco
Firestone  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Cooper T81 (Maserati) F1 1966 12 +2:06.279
81.801mph
10 +4:11.234
81.831mph
3 10:14.412
83.155mph
Disco
Firestone  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA273 F1 1966 13 +2:22.459
79.735mph
11 +4L
79.271mph
2 10:40.233
79.801mph
Disco
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 5 +26.730
97.311mph
12 +5L
96.686mph
1 8:46.365
97.064mph
Disco
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 8 +35.933
95.635mph
13 +6L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Goodyear  
AuldenA

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 14 DNS ---
---
Firestone  
2 UKGPL_T7

Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.7) F1 1966 14 15 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Staying in Germany.The ‘Green Hell’ presents a very different challenge tothe Sachsenring. For a start any reviewer has to work out which of the myriad corners an incident has happened on. Qualifying for any race can be hectic but at Nurburgring it is just lonely.
The usual suspects occupied the first couple of rows. Hristo, Tim and Clive taking the top three places. Due to the unique challenge of the ‘ring the qualifying times were unusually spread out. Martin had produced a creditable display to put himself on the third row and Fulvio was the last car to dip under 9 minutes. Bookie and Badblood bravely took up the last two places with qualifying times that were just a smidgeon slower than pole <ahem>.

Would H be slow to get away? Would Tim make it count? Would Badblood get lapped? Would anyone finish!

Yes, No, No, Yes. Now find out how...

Tim made his customary good start and took Clive with him leaving H choking in the fumes by T1. The field was careful through the first few tuens and at the back Badblood and Bookie both found that they had left their handbrakes on. If you think it is tough at the top, try the scramble at the back for last!

Amazingly no real Lap 1 incidents. Drivers were giving each other plenty of room. No incidents as such, but plenty of mistakes. Fulvio was the first faller. He had made a good start but as he approached Fuchsrorhe, just before the Adnauer Forst, he misjudged it slightly, took to the bank, bounced across the track and lost a wheel. Fuchsrorhe! I am sure that Fulvio said nothing of the kind being the gent he is. Unfortunately Fulvio takes Ronnie on a spin although RP can continue. Goran and Phil take advantage and speed through.
Earlier H had eased past Evil on the run to Flugplatz. No point defending too hard in a race this long. Tim leads but not for long. He makes a mistake in one of the many twisty hedged sections and nearly ends his race in the hedge. He does well to control it but it is all the opportunity H requires. He leads.

The lap is pretty quiet after that. H is first, 8m30s, Tim second in 8m43s and third is... what the... MARTIN! Where is Clive? Ah here he is a couple of seconds down on Maddog. Clive has managed to take a little spin at 153 mph at the end of the long straight. Cold brakes? I doubt it! Clive needs to copy his team mates – I don’t mean H, I mean Bookie and Badblood who nail that particular turn at 123mph. We have NEVER spun there.

Lap 2 is relatively quiet except for Martin who doesn’t learn from Fulvio’s mistake. Admittedly it would have been difficult. Unlike Fulvio, not entirely convinced that the maddog didn’t use the name on the sign – ‘Ah Fuchsrorrhe’

Clive goes through and Phil and Goran continue their chase. The field is thinning out and we come to the critical third lap, or at least most of us do. The two B’s, Badblood and Bookie are being very cautious but Bookie proves that even when not pushing too hard, a spin can sometimes catch you unawares. He loses the back end at the start of the twisty section after the Pit complex and that is the end of his race. Phil is having a lively time at Metzgesfeld and Goran catches him as he goes wide at Kallenhard. This also gives Ronnie a chance to catch up and Phil swaps leading a Swede for leading a driver with a Swede’s name.

Meanwhile up on the long straight Clive is having more fun. Having taken it carefully on Lap 2 by reducing his speed one whole mile per hour (wimp!) This time he has backed right off and lets Goran past with GJ doing some 50mph more. Admittedly Clive is on three wheels. He has got it horribly wrong on the nasty approach to the bridge before Schwalbenschwanz. In true Waza style he is damned if he is not going to get some points and he soldiers on. Luckily his lines are not affected too much!!! He even manages the concrete in the turn before the straight. This is more than Tim can manage with four wheels. He has a ‘moment ‘ and loses more time to H who is setting a scorching pace. Nobody can live with him today!

The field is pretty strung out now except for Phil and Ronnie who are matching each other, pace for pace and mistake for mistake. 26minutes in and Ronnie is surprised to meet a recovering Phil at the
aforementioned concrete. He leads into the straight and doing 170 mph might be a bit miffed as Phil breezes past at 177! How Phil controlled it off the leap and then flicked left at 174 I don’t know.

So Lap 4. Anyone here is scoring. Evil has limped across the line and for some unknown reason does a mile or so before retiring. H and Tim are long gone with Goran in a fine third. Phil and Ronnie are banging away with just a couple of seconds between them at the line. Bernie, Jonny and Rainier (not necessarily in that order) are having nice tidy races and will claim points. Whats this. Chug chug chug. It’s Badblood scoring for the second race in a row. Going at walking pace has worked out. Now its time to put the boot down and make sure H can’t get a lap up by the start of lap 6. Oops. Bye bye Badblood. Too much flying at Flugplatz ends his race. Lap 3 proves too much for Jonny as well. Overwhelmed by the number of points he is getting, he parks it in the green stuff. Further ahead Dave has taken lessons from Evil and also loses a wheel at the bridge at Schwalbenschwanz. Like Evil he continues. Unlike Evil he doesn’t make it to the S/F line. As he smashes into the Armco at the last complex he finds that two wheels just aren’t enough.

H finds Lap 4 nice and relaxing. He does an 8:18. Contrast with Tim’s tidiest lap of 8:35. Immense stuff from Mr Itchov. Phil and Ronnie are the only show in town as far as racing goes. It is nip and tuck for these two and the gap is never great although tiny errors keep both drivers fully alert and occupied. Ronnie makes a tiny error just when he doesn’t need to leading to the long straight and has to lift. This allows Phil to get away and break the tow.

As Lap 5 starts however Ronnie is back up to the Ferrari and Phil makes an error passing the Pit comnplex at Nordkehre. He takes to the banking but hops back down on the track just in time to force Ronnie off it. Phil has lost some time but Ronnie’s recovery isn’t perfect as he clips the red and white hi-vis tyre barrier – I don’t think he saw it... Ronnie leads Mr Thornton properly for the first time since lap 1. It is still nip and tuck and when Ronnie runs wide at Pflanzgarten, PT is there to take advantage. Into the straight and this time Ronnie is close enough for the tow and once more they take to the air side by side. Ronnie doesn’t control the landing as well as Phil had a couple of laps earlier and RP has to back off. As they start Lap 6 Ronnie is right on the exhaust pipes and Phil goes defensive into Nordkehre keeping left. Ronnie brakes late but too late and clips the rear right of the lead car. Phil spins and flips to Ronnie’s obvious horror. He stops and pulls off alongside the stricken Ferrari. This hands the place to Phil. It is only left to Bernie to motor through some few seconds later to trump the pair. Well done to the four who completed the full six laps.

H takes the win, a somewhat relieved Tim second and Goran completes the podium. Bernie gets a well deserved fourth.

Driver of the day? I had no trouble with this. Despite Hristo’s immaculate drive he was never really racing. Phil and Ronnie, however, had a terrific race and the side by side antics down the fast straight were amazing. So the driver of the day is Ray Cattini – aka Ronnie Peterson . A mistake acknowledged and an act of sportsmanship worthy of the great man himself.

Paul "BadBlood" Whitfield

Server replay time: 0h03m38s

Lap 1 incident

Fulvio gets out of shape, lose a wheel and bounds back on the track and hits Ronnie. When Ronnie is rejoining he does not make sure that the track is free. Rainer must take avoiding action to save the situation.

Server replay time: 0h37m28s

Phil goes off track and rejoin just in front of Ronnie. But then he waits so that Ronnie is in front when they leave the scene.

Server replay time: 0h46m27s

Ronnie brakes too late and hit Phil in the rear. Phil flip over and is out of the race and Ronnie simpy stop and disconnect although there seems to be nothing wrong with his car.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Historic (66) - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - Jul 19  (Read 5154 times)
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2011, 10:12:28 AM +0100 »

WELCOME TO THE UKGPL SEASON 21 HISTORIC (66) TROPHY  

For the seventh round we stay in Germany. The Nürburgring circut do not have that many hay bales but 174 turns and that times six is 1044 turns, be aware.

There will be full moderation of lap one, and then reported incidents for the rest of the race. Please submit incident reports within a week after the race so that the moderators report may be out before the next race.

Please restrict chat to a minimum, (or maybe none).

Best of luck.

Race List =            iGOR
Server =               UKGPL_T7_2
IP Address =         62.149.202.168
Race date =          19-7-2011
Time =                 21.00 UK time
Track =                Nürburgring  1967   German Grand Prix
Variant =              66F1 3L engines
Damage Model =   PRO
Qualifying time =  35 minutes. Do not start driving until 30 min left.
Race length =       Pro Long (6 laps)

The track can be downloaded from: Papy track

Group I
Mclaren M2B Ford
T1G Eagle Weslake

Group II
Lotus 43 BRM  
BRM P83

GroupIII
Ferrari 312
Brabham BT19
Cooper T81
Honda RA273

Drivers Restricted to cars from Group I
Hristo Itchov

Drivers Restricted to cars form Group II or Group I
Tim Muttram

All other drivers have free chassis choice.

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standing page

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:59:53 PM +0100 by G Jonsson » Logged
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:03 PM +0100 »

Got to go out at 7 but hopefully I'll be back by 9.  Wouldn't want to miss this, one of my favourite tracks and favourite cars.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:53 PM +0100 »

With the Lotus do I get a choice between BRM and Ford engines?  Grin  Wink
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:02:39 PM +0100 »

I must say that I really do not know what you are talking about  Shocked  oops

Göran
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 07:02:55 PM +0100 »

It does say "Lotus BRM" plus the 3 ltr Lotus Ford DFV was not around in 1966  Roll Eyes

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:05:03 PM +0100 »

Göran

English humour I'm afraid , just a touch tongue in cheek  Grin

I fell for it too  Roll Eyes
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 07:22:53 PM +0100 »

There will be full moderation of lap one

That would be a lot of modding!  Cheesy

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:54:16 PM +0100 »

Göran

Originally the Lotus was listed as Lotus BRM Ford, Bernie  Grin
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 08:50:21 PM +0100 »

There will be full moderation of lap one

That would be a lot of modding!  Cheesy

Not if we all crash nice and early...  Grin

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 08:59:18 PM +0100 »

Göran

Originally the Lotus was listed as Lotus BRM Ford, Bernie  Grin

As in "Murasama"  Grin
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 11:22:52 PM +0100 »

Had some fun tonight. OK I was slow - very slow - very very slooooow. But I was driving for a finish. I was super cautious off the line and did my best first sector and amazingly could still see other people. After that it was lonely. Once I'd got to three I wanted to try and set a PB and it was going nicely but I span as I landed at Flugplatz and that was that. Annoyed with myself because I could have beaten Evil again...

Order will be restored on Sunday.

Amazing pace from H and I am NOT looking forward to doing the race report for this one. It might be a bit skimpy.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 11:41:48 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed that race.  Had good battles with Goran and Ronnie until a shunt at the start of the last lap.  I cannot believe the pace of H at the front, I think I'll have to watch the server replay to see how it is done Shocked.  Grats to Bernie on a finish, not easy to do here on PRO!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 12:13:15 AM +0100 »

Enjoyed that race.  Had good battles with Goran and Ronnie until a shunt at the start of the last lap.  I cannot believe the pace of H at the front, I think I'll have to watch the server replay to see how it is done Shocked.  Grats to Bernie on a finish, not easy to do here on PRO!

Watch my last lap then, I really went for it on that one. The car was just a joy to drive, predictable and progressive in sliding. Having a stable front really helped a lot.

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 12:36:00 AM +0100 »

For some reason GPL wouldnt let me load any 66mod set ups , so used the "default"  which I found wasn't to bad , (having had a few laps with Martin this affy and was able to race with him so thought "come the race I should be fairly" competative ) As it turned out the default was really poor with  race fuel (or more likely the pilot was really poor ) Felt pretty whacked after a visit to the dentist today  'Oh the pain,the pain! which didnt help concentration and binned it on L1 losing a lot of ground , Jon O kept me awake for a few laps but the Ford power was no match for Repco's best and he dropped back after a few laps leaving me a steady drive for a finish .

Prib was telling me Phil and Ronnie were pretty close so was hoping they might be fighting (which they were )  and maybe have an off (which they did) obliged for that gents but deep down sorry it didnt go to the finish (so near yet so far )

At least I got a result and confirmed the PC is doing everything right , even though the operator is still making errors  Roll Eyes

Grats to Hristo and the pod boys and to those who finished , well done  Smiley

And hard cheese to all those that got to walk home instead  Grin

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 12:56:35 PM +0100 »

The plot to destroy all my Championship hopes at Ukgpl, continues - fully expected to disco from The Nurb. at some point. 

Took a leasurly 1st practice lap, except I brushed the wall exiting the final chicane, and me wheel fell off!  rather impertinent, I thought . . . someone obviously didn't do a nut up, tight enough,  But seatbelts were still a novelty, you know.  2nd lap saw only a couple of mistakes, and with my Brabby nicely connected to the road, I started the race in 5th. Cheesy

Earlier plans to quietly drive to a points paying finish, don't seem to be working out in '66.  I soon had a Honda, with a struggling Clive in my sights, and by the end of lap one, the roles were reversed, and I was up to 3rd.  Not expecting to survive my Internet curse, I wasn't hanging about, and managed to hang on to my position up until the flat out compression, approaching Adenauer Forst.  The car bottomed out, and it was soon reversing it's way towards the nearest tree, at rather a high speed!  Hadn't happened in practice, but maybe the race adrenaline had made us rush?

My race was ended, but the connection lasted, which means I was taunted, while skills were flaunted, as I stayed to watch.  It's a hard life, but someone has to live it!  Undecided   
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com