by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 10:04:15 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Taming The Pantera: December 27, 2005
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tame The Beast GTL Fun Race - 27th Dec  (Read 4423 times)
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 11:33:12 PM +0000 »

came 4th in race 1, in the first corner, 4 cars went in to turn 1 and all of them took each other out leaving me 3rd Grin

Yeah, got a flyer off the line but then arrived at the first turn and thought, "um, not sure where to brake or how hard, ooh, I appear to be sliding wide, ah, so is everyone else, er, okay, rejoin lastish, never mind". Cheesy Roll Eyes Then caught Don up in the slower customer car, accidently nudged him up the bum, then somebody (might've been Don, not sure now) went off and spun or wrestled it back on, I had nowhere to go and creamed the car as a result. :'( Crawled back round and spent two minutes in the pits while they repaired me, went back out down a lap on everyone, managed to unlap myself from Gerald but then spun trying to get into the 1:57s and quit - race was virtually over anyway.

Second race was better, started second but got too much wheelspin off the line, relatively uneventful with Shark and two others scrapping behind me. Eventually managed to get into a better rhythm and got a 1:57.5. I gather from the pre-race chat that Leuven and the other aliens were using much stiffer diffs than I expected, 60-80 on both sides. Huh

Well I did a few laps the other day with 30% Power and 30% Coast(default?) and only a few small tweaks to the rest of the setup (Camber and Toe)
I managed to do a 1:53.4,
Tonight I set the Diffs to 50% Power and 80% Coast and managed a 1:53.xxx? in Qually and 1:53.6 in the first two races but was -5 at the first sector a couple of times in race 2, so a 1:52.Huh was on the cards.
So I think the settings won't make the car go much faster, It will just make it more bareable to drive.  Shocked

Apart from having someone spin right infront of me on the exit of T2 Shocked Grin, the first two races were quite uneventfull after the first couple of laps, but the extra laps were good for practice.  Grin

Race 3 however was a bit different. Grin.
I ended up in first after quite a good start and a good couple of laps, so I decided to be a bit cocky and wait for the others. Tongue
There was only 5 racing so  I was'nt to far behind, but I ended up having a couple of spins aswell as losing the front splitter, all because I wanted a scrap  Roll Eyes

I was following Rich and Ran wide going through (the Top Gear follow through) T4 after the hairpin because of the lack of downforce, so had to brake whilst on the green stuff and locked up going straight past Rich, (Glad therewas  loads of room for no contact  Shocked) aswell as you probably leaving plenty of room Rich  Cool.
Then I just stole the win from Greg  Tongue

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 10:30:10 AM +0000 »

Moderators!

Please try to be more precise in future announcements. I suggest you name the next one "Taming Leuven". He was seconds per lap better than the rest of us.  Embarrassed

Good driving Leuven!  Cool
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 10:57:10 AM +0000 »

Moderators!

Please try to be more precise in future announcements. I suggest you name the next one "Taming Leuven". He was seconds per lap better than the rest of us.  Embarrassed

Good driving Leuven!  Cool

Lol

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 10:59:38 AM +0000 »

Really good racing last night. Saw a big crash from behind at the Hairpin in race 2 lap 1 which helped me get up the order a bit. The diff settings I was using was 40 power/80 coast with the brake balance around 54.5/45.5. Seemed to be reasonably stable but I was still about 2s a lap sower than Leuven (Good Driving by the way).

Thanks all
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 11:07:45 AM +0000 »

I had a good chase with Mooman in race 1, in mid race he made a mistake, made me 2nd, in the last lap I made a mistake and he came 2nd. Good driving.  Smiley

In race 2 sbd put my rear wing off and I spent more than a minute in the pits. Race was less serious for me then and when I kept spinning I finished. 
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 11:52:45 AM +0000 »

Had good fun last night trying to get to grips with another new beastie. Only joined near end of praccy so had no idea how the car handled or 'felt', needless to say i suffered a fair few spins as i tweaked around with the settings and got the hang of it.
Good news was that by the last race i was lapping 4-6 seconds a lap quicker than my clean laps when i started.
Took a few laps in the last race to get the hang of the different settings i'd used in the earlier races and had a few 'tank-slappers' around corners with the softer ARB settings but got a PB which i could improve on now i got a few settings stabilised thanks to those aliens amongst us  Cool
Great car, i much prefer it to the mustangs and it sounds and looks as sexy, they looked great sliding around corners with flames belching from the twin exhausts  Grin  Another car to add to my fave list

One thing that puzzled me, everyone could just blast past me on the straights like i was running a slower model...i take it there is only form of pantera in GTL? It happened in every race, now wondering if my controls were not giving full accelerator again? Will investigate with offline race.

Thanks to all as always for organising it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 11:56:47 AM +0000 by Mark Jonzo » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 12:23:21 PM +0000 »

One thing that puzzled me, everyone could just blast past me on the straights like i was running a slower model...i take it there is only form of pantera in GTL?

There are two - the red and yellow ones are factory cars, the brown(?) and white one is a customer car and is significantly less powerful. I think only Don was running that one though.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 12:29:04 PM +0000 »

One thing that puzzled me, everyone could just blast past me on the straights like i was running a slower model...i take it there is only form of pantera in GTL?

I think only Don was running that one though.

Yes I was driving the white one.
Didn't know at the time it had less HP Sad
Adam Parle
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 01:20:38 PM +0000 »

I had a good chase with Mooman in race 1, in mid race he made a mistake, made me 2nd, in the last lap I made a mistake and he came 2nd. Good driving.  Smiley

In race 2 sbd put my rear wing off and I spent more than a minute in the pits. Race was less serious for me then and when I kept spinning I finished. 

Sorry about the rear wing in the 2nd race, nothing I could do on that one, I got rear ended too.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 02:23:31 PM +0000 »

Np, it was a T1 pileup.  Smiley
Clarey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 05:41:52 PM +0000 »

Got my copy of GTL today (damn).

Although, i'm still learning and don't really want to cheat to get all cars straight away, i might just have to Cheesy

silver53

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2005, 05:51:31 PM +0000 »

Hi My Puter looked up twice in the 3rd race had to switch it off to shut down. It appears that I get a stutter on line at every corner and in the second race I had the flying through the air bug with the car half way therough the fence and just hanging there in mid air.It wa sgood fun but I knew I would not do well as I had been practicing on the Nurburgh ring lol. bye for now gerald
Mooman117

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2005, 06:22:40 PM +0000 »

Cheers for that. I think I spun because I was trying to drive quicker than I usually can, to build a gap. But you kept closing so I just pushed a bit to hard in sector three, put a bit to much power down and the rear end stepped out. After you made your little error I didn't expect to catch you, as you were faster in the opening laps, but just got up your inside at turn 2 of the final lap.

Good driving Truetom and bad luck in race 2
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com