Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 05:52:38 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21Nov Rouen: August 09, 2011
August 09, 2011, 09:47:55 PM +0100 - Rouen (1955-70) - UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Novices (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Rainier

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 1 2:06.198
---
1 38:21.449
---
18 2:05.340
---
Dunlop  
Cookie

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +0.622
---
2 +42.058
---
18 2:08.186
---
Dunlop  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 8 +1.617
---
3 (+10) +1:04.634
---
18 2:08.366
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 6 +1.539
---
4 +1:12.300
---
18 2:07.317
---
Dunlop  
s2173

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 13 +2.500
---
5 +1:25.552
---
18 2:10.235
---
Goodyear  
blito
 Nessuna Speranza
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 14 +2.578
---
6 (+2) +1:30.035
---
18 2:08.370
---
Dunlop  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 7 +1.600
---
7 +1:33.052
---
18 2:08.474
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +2.190
---
8 (+2) +1:33.784
---
18 2:08.579
---
Dunlop  
karlisss

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.328
---
9 +1:58.332
---
18 2:08.439
---
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 10 +2.113
---
10 (+1) +2:01.393
---
18 2:09.991
---
Goodyear  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.927
---
11 +2:03.547
---
18 2:09.281
---
Dunlop  
DuFossa
 Team Coyote
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 15 +3.221
---
12 +2:16.684
---
18 2:07.966
---
Goodyear  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 2 +0.445
---
13 (+3) +4L
---
14 2:08.480
---
Dunlop  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +1.672
---
14 +11L
---
7 2:08.585
---
Dunlop  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 17 +28.197
---
15 +12L
---
6 2:22.932
---
Goodyear  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 +2.370
---
16 +14L
---
4 2:14.613
---
Dunlop  
AuldenA

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 16 +10.832
---
17 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL.65

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 18 ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Who enjoys anything else more than a pleasant drive through France?

What could be more relaxing? Winding roads, green grass, grandiose trees, upside down cars......

Server replay time: 0h00m49s

The flagman is killed by a quick starting Martin who shows no mercy and actually laughs as he mows down this innocent father of 3.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h00m56s

Rog approaches T1 with Paul and the two are initially side by side with Paul slightly in front.

Rog lifts and backs out of a passing attempt and intends to follow Paul through T1 but under braking Rog closes right up as Paul is slower than Rog expects. RogUK has no significant overlap before Paul begins to take the line into the corner, as he is entitled to do.

Contact is inevitable but just before it occurs, warp triggers a collision and both drivers go off.

Paul is slower then RogUK expects but it is still Rog's responsibility to avoid a collision.

It would ordinarily be classed as a Blatant Rear End Shunt with a 2 place penalty and a Lap 1 incident penalty of 1 place on top.

However, as RogUK had tried to avoid the move, Paul was much slower than Rog expected and there was some warp involved I will mitigate one of the penalty places but still apply the extra place penalty for the Lap 1 incident.

Server replay time: 0h01m20s

Karliss approaches the hairpin and loses control under braking.
As he fights for control he hits Axel and the carnage begins.
Karliss did brake a little late but would have made the corner had he not lost control and gone on the grass.
He does however reset when it is obvious that the track is not clear enough to do so and takes a second reset at 0h01m40s but only takes 1 Stop n Go.
He then takes a final Stop n Go on his last lap, presumably for the second reset here.
Norm resets before the track is clear and in the same places as Karliss.
Fabio hits the stricken Karliss but does slow down more than enough but has nowhere to go.
Jonny taps the back of Fran but is almost stationary as he does it and in turn gets hit by RogUK. Jonny does try to reverse on to the racing line with cars around him.
Skymole does the right thing and stops when he sees the carnage ahead.
Du Fossa taps a couple of people but sits still and does try not to cause further confusion.
Paul is dissatisfied with the short lived horror he caused at T1 and decides that if the only tool he has is a hammer, then every problem must look like a nail and decides to tap away at the side of a couple of cars before successfully launching the third one skyward.
Norbert arrives at the scene only to discover that everyone has gone so he decides to create his own little sideshow to please the baying crowd.

Server replay time: 0h16m41s

Fran closes in to lap Bookie as they approach Nouveau Monde. Fran is caught out a little by the difference in speed between himself and Bookie, and rear-ends him.

Server replay time: 0h17m20s

Fran spins and recovers. As he gets back up to speed Al Baldwin looks to pass him on the outside but backs out of the move. Just as he does so he suffers a warp contact from Fran.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h25m50s

RogUk brakes for the hairpin and gets rear ended by Blito.

What initially appears to be a blatant rear ending by Blito needs to be looked at more closely.

Normally Blito is faster through the left hander leading to the hairpin, but on this lap is slower than normal as he is following RogUK quite closely.

RogUK enters the left hander slightly quicker on this lap than on his previous lap but through the turn and out of it he stays on the brakes for longer than normal and so he is much slower on final approach to the hairpin than normal which is what catches Blito out, even though he is slower than normal at this point.

Clearly it is Blito's responsibility to avoid a collision but on the server replay Rog does brake excessively hard. What this could mean is that the server momentarily loses him as he is braking and thinks he continues to brake. Without a client replay or driver report it is not possible to be certain, but I will mitigate the Simple Rear End Shunt as I think an element of warp is involved.

• blito (Jason Blito)warning — Marginal Rear End Shunt — also, 2 places lost for penalty points

Server replay time: 0h29m20s

Al and Blito contest Scerie and Al spins where he is tapped by Blito who could not avoid him.
JonnyO is fast approaching and takes avoiding action by driving around Al who chooses the same moment to get going again.

Server replay time: 0h33m10s

Fabio pulls alongside Fran who moves over into him.
Both spin and continue.

Server replay time: 0h39m40s

Fabio and Fran meet again as they approach Scerie.
Fran moves to the right to overtake but is straddling the centre line while Fabio sticks to the left hand side.
As they brake Fran moves further left towards fabio and is completely on his side of the track when he has a slight wobble and Fabio suffers a warp contact and is pushed off track into a spin.
The question here is whether Fran could have helped to avoid the warp contact and in fact contributed towards it by not giving Fabio enough room to which he was fully entitled by achieving the amount of overlap.

• francesco (fran5 Molteni)penalty — Warp Incident Caused by Careless Driving — 1 place lost (plus 4 for penalty points)

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Novices (65) - Rouen (1955-70) - Aug 9  (Read 8898 times)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:33:00 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 21 65 Novices Trophy
Race 8 Rouen

Bonjour mes amis, Round 8 of the season sees a welcome return to Rouen-Les-Essarts, a great circuit built on public roads with both fast sections, a slippery chicane and blind bends.

Rouen hosted five Formula One French Grand Prix races and is featured in the original game because of the blandness of the Bugatti track. Good choice.

With a wide opening section there shouldn't be too many T1 problems but please be careful when the field is compressed at the hairpin. French polos are every bit as tough as the Mexican variety.

Please see the Novices registration thread for an explanation of the chassis allocations shown below:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9196.0

FULL TIME
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS  
Billy NoBrakes
BT11
Nigel Smith
Honda
Maddog
Cooper
Il_Lupo
Ferrari
HappyAl
Ferrari
NHance
BT7
Norbert
Ferrarii
Blito
BRM
RogUK
Cooper
BadBlood
Honda
Francesco
Ferrari
Karliss
Cooper
Cookie
Cooper
DuFossa
BT11
Economia
BRM
JonnyO
BT11

RESERVE
DRIVER 
  CHASSIS 
Dave Rainier
Lotus
Maestro
Cooper
Bookie
Fragfritz
GTA66
s2173
BT11
ivandjj
BT11

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left so as to give the FULL TIME drivers chance to join, and drivers are not to go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.

The Novice races are run under Int Long rules and all incidents will be moderated.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL5
IP address = ping myjamesonline.net
Race date = 09/08/2011
Time = 21:00 UK time
Track = Rouen
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Int
Qualifying time = 35 minutes
Race length = 18 laps
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used.
http://bit.ly/d8dECl

Driver lists can be found on the Novice Championship Page
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:12:53 PM +0100 by miner2049er » Logged

Rainier
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:36 PM +0100 »

Hi miner2049er,

I raced in East London with the Lotus33.

what car is possible for me in Rouen ? I don't see my name in the list among full time and reserve drivers.

Thanks
Dave     

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:25 PM +0100 »

My mistake.

I've added you. Keep the same car.

Rainier
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:33 PM +0100 »

Thanks  Wink

(what means chassis = 1 ? see Bookie for example)

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 09:46:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks  Wink

(what means chassis = 1 ? see Bookie for example)

The chassis in Novices are allocated according to groups.

See here.

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9239.0

il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:57:11 AM +0100 »

What about race reports?
I need to post two ones within tonight as tomorrow at dawn I will fly to Rodhes for holiday and I'll be back only on 25th.
Should I send them to the mods with a PM?
Thx mates for your quickest feedback!

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 09:13:15 AM +0100 »

Despite a massive warp the race was fun indeed with a lot of overtakings!
I was lucky to survive the hairpin crash at lap 1 but I had a lot of issue with 2nd (mainly) and 4th gears turning into neutral when downshifting.
It happened mostly when braking before the hairpin and Scerie (2nd) and turn 1 or Gresil (4th): could it be related to the warping connection or the shifter of my G25 is dying?!?
Because of this issue I lost a brand new 4th place at Scerie, when I spun after inserting again the 2nd gear that suddenly turned into neutral.
Then it was really hard to pass Sky, as it was warping like a mad, but it left room enough on the inside at Gresil.
The chase of the third place was really harder with Francesco: we had a first contact before Paradis but I restarted in fornt of him.
Then I had some issues with my gears so he overtook me again.
I was quicker than him, so I overtook him again until when, trying to overtake me at Scerie, he didn't brake right and throw me out of track.
As I will miss Oulton, see you all at Keimola!
Long Live GPL, Long Live UKGPL!!

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:10:58 AM +0100 »

It was indeed a fun race but I don't think I actually overtook anybody unless the had crashed! I had reasonable pace and was pleased with a PB in qualifying. Got taken out at T2 from behind which was unfortunate and then it was VERY hard to find a way through the hairpin. I stopped and then tried to inch my way through and there were cars exploding left right and centre. Not sure how Mike is going to sort that one out.

After that I had a great battle with Martin who was quicker but I could hold him off, just. He disappeared (hopefully not my fault but I will check) and then I was battling with Rog and holding him off but then I span at the end of the straight and he was through. Losts of chasing but I couldn't quite get to him. Then it was Al coming out of the pits and I just couldn't quite get past. I had a handy lead over Karliss but I got scruffy and that disappeared. The car handling got a bit stroppy and I found it very hard into the hairpin - very twitchy under braking so I was VERY cautious. Al crashed and then Rog parked it on the hairpin. Unfortunately I couldn't get past and ended up in the tyres. Quick reverse and Karliss was on my tail. He took me at the end of the long straight as I was being cautious there too and I set about staying with him so that I could get past with a tow. That was OK until I got scruffy again and he got away I then crashed at the hairpin with a lap and a half to go. That put Norm right on my tail (hope I didn't block but I will look) and I felt like I could hold him off. Not sure who was behind at the hairpin but got a little tap on the last lap and was relieved to get away in one piece.

Tenth was about right but irritating that I made three little mistakes that cost a lot of time and meant I couldn't challenge higher up. Happy to have improved to the point that I did not get lapped (just) and I was running within 1% or so of the leaders - so much better than last season.

Fun race on the whole.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 10:11:55 AM +0100 »

Largely a race to forget for me, apart from my qualify time.

In the pre race practices I’d been mainly doing 2:10, with the odd 2:09 thrown in with a tow, so to get 2:06.5 in qualifying with no tow was a very surprising result from me. I know Paul thinks I was sand bagging in our pre race practice but I promise that I wasn’t, if anything the advice he gave me helped me a lot, so thanks Paul, my good time is due to you.

I’ve also been practicing my starts, because I’ve lost out on the last 3 or 4 starts now. I got a great start in this race, and lead for half the first lap. It went down hill from there. Just about everyone was faster than me and they all got past without too much trouble, I couldn’t do much about it and to be honest I wasn’t going to defend too much. After 3 laps or so I was 5th (I think) the car in front got onto the dirt and lost a lot of time going onto the main straight, I got along side quite easily, at this point we where entering the right hand curve and would of got past if he didn’t decide that he liked my side of the track more than his and bumped me off.

I needed a Shift & R here and took my stop and go. This left me down the field, with Paul Badblood on my tail. It was hard work keeping Paul behind, that Honda is a quick beast and if he got in front I don’t think I would have been able to get back past. We had a few laps of great fun, and I hope that it was all fair for you Paul Smiley Once I got temperature back into the tyres, and Paul made a small mistake which gave me room, I managed to pull away a tiny bit. I was closing in on Jason and Rog having a close fight. They touched and Rog when flying, He actually bounced over my car, so I gave him a wave Smiley

At this point I lost concentration a little at this point and got a little wild again. Sorry to anyone who was caught up in my many spins at this point. I did try to stop the car and let anyone past who was behind, and I think I controlled my rejoins but I don’t have my reply so I can’t check. Anyway after my little excesses I was right with Paul Badblood again, and I was looking forward to putting some pressure on him in the final laps of the race.

At this point my wife obviously got fed up with my swearing at the screen, mainly due to my own bad driving, and left the room. My PC is in our bedroom, with a cable going into the ADSL router. This cable has lost it’s clip so just pushes into the router, my wife must of disturbed this cable because I lost all connection and got kicked out of GPL. To be honest it was probably for the best, the red mist was starting to appear again and I don’t like driving like that.

Overall an enjoyable race from me, and unexpected qualifying position meant that I was out of place on the grid, and was really a sitting duck for the faster guys. It’s a shame that I had that bump with another driver which meant that I needed to do a shift & r, as I was quite settled at that point and think I might have been able to bring home the car 5th or 6th, but it wasn’t to be. At very least I’m happy that I’ve moved up from where I was only a few races ago.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 10:15:00 AM +0100 »

Then it was Al coming out of the pits and I just couldn't quite get past.

It really was only just, I really thought you had me a few times.... You where good at this track, keep up the progress Paul, and I'm sure you'll be in a Cooper before you know it Smiley

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 10:34:02 AM +0100 »

The lap 1 hairpin incident did for me really which was a pity after a 4th place qually. Thought at the time I may be about to have a Watkins Glen moment after the race but I haven't Wink
Dropped me to 10th then 12th & a spin made it 14th. Lonely race & I did some pretty poor laps after that. Fossa appeared just after half way but he went off on the last corner of the race & I passed to finish 11th.
I've had better but there's always another one  Grin.  Well done the front 3 & thanks to team mate Clutch for a couple of invaluable tips Lips Sealed.
Norm H
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 01:22:39 PM +0100 »

This was a 1st for me, umm . . . I mean my setup, as once online, it was actually instantly improved !  So a decent practice time came easily - the only worry being the warp, which either I, or the Server was throwing up.  I've a Webpage on this subject ATM,  and I wondered weather I should race.  Decided to give it a go, find a space, and try to stay out of trouble.  Except that, once the cogs and wheels started turning, things didn't quite go according to plan. Undecided

From a sensible 9th on the grid, I passed 2 Ferrari's and a Brabham, off the line, then another Brabham on the next straight. And at the hairpin, I watched two of my stablemates tangle, which meant I was up to 3rd after only half a lap !  At this point it became obvious, the lead would be the safest place.  And I could tell, by the squabbling from the two up ahead, I'd soon be on their tails.

I breezed past Al at the start of lap 2, heading into the first left hander,  but in the process, started to worry excessively about my potential warpiness.  I hung myself out on a dangerously wide line, put two wheels on the grass, and glided serenely off down to last place, with the aid of a tree, which had gently grabbed my wheel.  This was not in accordance with my plan !! Angry

It was a full 3 laps before I calmed down, and remembered to stop at the pits.  Thereafter, the rest of the race was spent, glued to Badblood's tail, wondering how to make a safe pass.  I was impressed by his non-cooperation, until sadly, I commenced to wink out in the braking zone.  Without further ado, upon my return, his car tossed me apon my helmet, and it was race over.

It seems as though, every time I opt for a quiet race these days, nobody listens to me !  Anyway, some impressive racing to be seen.  Especially from Dave and Cookie at the front, and by a pair of Ferrari's dicing to the death on the last lap, for 3rd.  Our extreme driving, has produced some capable extremities !  Smiley
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 01:41:30 PM +0100 »

Congratulations to Rainier!!

It was a terrible day for me, IGOR indicated that I did not have the track installed on my game. So I could not get in!

I tried reinstalling the track but refused to IGOR aceitar.Faltava 3 minutes. That's when I tried to get by and got IP, 2 minutes and 20 missing segundos.Consegui do just one lap timer and do the 7 th time.

The race had all that trouble in rairpin and lost a long time, after all these problems reaching number 7 in the end still not all lost.
  In the last five laps I had a lot of pressure of  R.UK65 Pilot (Huh),hope I have not committed any irregularity in this dispute.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 02:23:55 PM +0100 »

Thereafter, the rest of the race was spent, glued to Badblood's tail, wondering how to make a safe pass.  I was impressed by his non-cooperation, until sadly, I commenced to wink out in the braking zone.  Without further ado, upon my return, his car tossed me apon my helmet, and it was race over.

That is a real pity Martin. I was enjoying the battle. Hope I was clean - appreciated the room you left. Your engine was noisier than mine most of the time but ominously it did disappear a few times... I wondered what had happened. You were faster but I think I was legit (or out of control...). Was fun whilst it lasted. I had the same problem getting by Al later on and he was super clean and just fast enough...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 02:29:20 PM +0100 »

I was closing in on Jason and Rog having a close fight. They touched and Rog when flying, He actually bounced over my car, so I gave him a wave Smiley

This happened with 7 laps to go.The server went a bit loopy and Rog disappeared whilst close in front of me. I could hear his engine note through those fast sweepers and so I eased off the throttle and cruised down to the hairpin. The engine note went quiet and I never saw Rog again...

For me, this was a mostly quiet event, having qualified near the back. I took a gentle start and proffited massively from the predicted lap one chaos. It happens every time at Rouen and I did post a reminder of this in game just before the flag so there is no excuses for the guilty! I basically cruised around for the rest of the race, getting passed a couple of times, but basically keeping it clean. Only the the above mentioned warp incident with Rog spoiled an otherwise perfect run... Giggle of the day was watching Happy Al throw his car into a celebratory spin immediately following his inch-perfect pass on me! Good work fella!!

Jason Blito
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com