Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 04:42:45 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21Pro Amaroo Park: August 09, 2011
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Pro (65) - Amaroo Park - Aug 9  (Read 2210 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:43:36 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 21, 65 Professionals Trophy
Race 8: Amaroo Park

Having been stung and biten in the forests of the USSR for our last outing we now make our way South to the suburbs of Sydney, where the mozzies are so big that they have mossies too  Grin
To fit in with local customs, race time will be measured in tinnies - for clarification please consult with Geoff whistling

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race date = 26/07/2011
Time = 21:00 UK time
Track =  Amaroo Park (67)
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Pro
Qualifying time = 35 minutes
Race length = 7.4 Tinnies ( 51 laps)
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used and can be found here (currently down - also available here )

Driver lists can be found on the Pro championship standings page
The track can be downloaded from :  Amaroo Park  - download it here
Add-on’s available at : No graphical add-ons I know of, but here are some rather nice camera's Wink

Please be in IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:50 pm UK Time

Reserve drivers should not join the server(s) until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left. Please restrict chat to pit messages. Moderating will be by reported incidents only, however the moderators reserve the right to review any incident with a particular emphasis on lap one. The aim is to review the race the following weekend so incident reports should be submitted within five days of the race (ie the following Friday). We're hopeful most incidents can be resolved amicably and recommend a days deep breath with a replay review before posting. A sorry in the forum won't be taken as an automatic admission of guilt by the moderators.
The race will be run on PRO Damage.

NOTE: Please ensure you join the correct server, due to the way we import if you start the race on the wrong server your result will not count.

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left so as to give the FULL TIME drivers chance to join, and drivers are not to go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:46:51 PM +0100 »

Wont be playing tonight , sprained me ankle today messing around on the beach with the grandkids and a football  Roll Eyes

wouldnt mind so much but its the gas pedal foot
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:11:35 PM +0100 »

Wont be playing tonight , sprained me ankle today messing around on the beach with the grandkids and a football  Roll Eyes

wouldnt mind so much but its the gas pedal foot

Be a hero and use your left foot!  Grin

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:11 PM +0100 »

Pentti Airikkali I am NOT  Wink

However I decided to give this a go , just off to practise the track [L Plates mode ON]
 Roll Eyes
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:21 PM +0100 »

I thought my woes were behind me after i succesfully joined T7, first time and no glitches.

Then I quallied 2nd on the grid and was lapping quite happily behind Hristo watching Tim behind trying to find a passing opportunity, which I had no intention of giving him  Grin

and then....Screen Freeze!!!!!! I just hope it did not interrupt anyone else's race.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:53 PM +0100 »

You'll be happy to learn that we all suffered a mass freeze, Evil, so the race will probably be rerun at a different track at the end of season.

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:38:35 PM +0100 »

That's re- assuring, thought it was just me starting all over with PC issues  Roll Eyes

The less said about my "race" the better  Undecided

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:44:19 AM +0100 »

Did we all freeze at the same time? or was it just a random selection. Bit of a shame as it was a challenging track for the 65's and times were very close.

I don't mind a new race , just provided I keep my 2nd spot on the grid and the track is NOT Monza!!!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 10:26:32 AM +0100 »

Did we all freeze at the same time? or was it just a random selection. Bit of a shame as it was a challenging track for the 65's and times were very close.

I don't mind a new race , just provided I keep my 2nd spot on the grid and the track is NOT Monza!!!

You and Bernie froze individually, but then some 10-15 laps later we all froze at once.

Can anyone remember if there were screen freeze problems when we tested at the modern version of Amaroo at the start of the season? We could use that if it was stable or we could use something like Crystal Palace which seems similar enough (though less twisty) and is known to be stable online. I could go through the tracks database to try and find a twisty track short slow track, but unless it's been ran before we wouldn't know how stable it is, so perhaps we should choose something proven that has similar characteristics.

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 03:38:07 PM +0100 »

No freeze here, the server just shut down with only four of us left on track. But with so many out with screen freeze it was for the best. Maybe the newer version of the Amaroo track (same layout) could be used for a rerun?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:43:32 PM +0100 by Ronniepeterson » Logged
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 03:51:54 PM +0100 »

No freeze here, the server just shut down with only four of us left on track. But with so many out with screen freeze it was for the Maybe the newer version of the Amaroo track (same layout) could be used for a rerun?

Perhaps Evil could run it next Wednesday in BREASTS with the 65 cars and if enough people join, we'll find out how stable it really is.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 05:49:36 PM +0100 »

That would be a good option if Evil's up for it - failing that then I'm liking the Crystal palace option or will pick something similar once I've had a dig through the database  Smiley

I'll get next to nothing done next week mind, as I have 3 12 hour days at work before moving onto some saner hours after the factory's summer party on Thurs wacko
Small chance of me missing both this Sunday (That's actually a larger chance), and Historics on Tues.
Can't see me making any useful progress till friday as a result.  Embarrassed
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 08:57:02 PM +0100 »

OK BREASTS can run the other Amaroo track next wed (17th Aug).

Just to be sure we are using the correct version can someone post a link here Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 11:06:36 PM +0100 »

OK BREASTS can run the other Amaroo track next wed (17th Aug).

Just to be sure we are using the correct version can someone post a link here Wink

And anyone who can join the race, do so please! The more we have, the more proper the test will be.

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:47 PM +0100 »

Amaroo 96 - less realistic, but let's test it, and try for a warmer welcome  :  http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=2623
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com