by SimRacing.org.uk  

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:31:19 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the must have content for iRacing?  (Read 2212 times)
Mcfids

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:54:32 AM +0100 »

After a bit of a break from sim racing, I've taken the plunge with iRacing due to a good deal ($49 for a years sub  - http://www.iracing.com/leagues/pricing.php) and v2.0 coming out.

I'm impressed so far but I was wondering what other content is worth getting that includes some the following:

1. Fun to drive (obviously)
2. Has decent grid numbers for official races
3. Is raced here at srouk

I've taken as read that the Skip Barber falls into the above categories but what else? I certainly don't want any car/track that I can only hotlap on by myself.

btw, Dave, did you get my referral credits? 

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:09:45 AM +0100 »

The Skip and Star Mazda both attract decent size grids in the official races.

We've raced both of those cars here at SRouk in the past but I'm pretty confident we won't be returning to them any time soon, the preference seems to be for GT racing here.

Club England have weekly hosted Skip Barber races which are pretty decent but not as formal (i.e. moderated) as here..

Legends Racing simracing team
Gazza49er

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:23:56 AM +0100 »

thumbup1  another Pseudo in iracing.

Like pops says the skip and Star Mazda are very well populated all the time it seems. I love the Star Mazda, get alot of enjoyment from that car.

I think the Corvette is a good car but now if you want to race it in official series you have to purchase the HPD and GT40 but then you can join in the sunday Endurance races here with those cars.

When you decide on a car or series to do, look at the schedule and then get those tracks.

UKGTR - SEASON 9 - GTC Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 10 - GT2 Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 11 - GT1 Champion
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:47 AM +0100 »

btw, Dave, did you get my referral credits? 

Ah, that was you was it? laugh Couldn't match the name to a forum ID - thanks for that. Grin

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Reign Man

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:05:34 PM +0100 »

It entirely depends on what cars you like, and of course, you wont know that until you try them, so it quite difficult to recommend what to get.

I never really got into the Skip because I simply hated the way it was drove in the races (OTM)  I'm talking Ridge Racer type drifting  Grin.  But I've not really tried it with the new tyre model. yet.

I personaly love the Lotus 79 and the V8 supercar.

Club england also have mazda races I think, so it's a good place to start to get a feel for the racing.

IRacing ID = Adam Kell
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: